Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder why Putin and Trump didn’t discuss this at some point and perhaps implement that here a little more quickly?

This is an article written today. I’m not sure what to think about this? Or maybe it’s just nothing, and I’m just paranoid?

“Russia's early response measures -- such as shutting down its 2,600-mile border with China as early as January 30, and setting up quarantine zones -- may have contributed to the delay of a full-blown outbreak, some experts say.”

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/21/europe/putin-coronavirus-russia-intl/index.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
890 Posts
I wonder why Putin and Trump didn’t discuss this at some point and perhaps implement that here a little more quickly?

This is an article written today. I’m not sure what to think about this? Or maybe it’s just nothing, and I’m just paranoid?

“Russia's early response measures -- such as shutting down its 2,600-mile border with China as early as January 30, and setting up quarantine zones -- may have contributed to the delay of a full-blown outbreak, some experts say.”

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/21/europe/putin-coronavirus-russia-intl/index.html

Lying? I mean, people like you think that Russian GodHackerBots stole the election from her PantSuitHighness, so why do you think any other reporting from PutinTrumpensteinFurher might be real?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
It sounds like they did very well in February but are getting cases now. While I don't put propaganda past Putin, admitting to cases now doesn't fit w/ propaganda.

Most of the west napped through February and are paying the price now. It sounds like they started early.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sounds like they did very well in February but are getting cases now. While I don't put propaganda past Putin, admitting to cases now doesn't fit w/ propaganda.

Most of the west napped through February and are paying the price now. It sounds like they started early.

Has he admitted to it? (Article linked is from 11 hours ago)

“A spike in “pneumonia” cases in Russia is raising questions about the country’s official coronavirus statistics, with skeptics saying the authoritarian government of Vladimir Putin is covering up the actual number of reported cases.

“Unlike other European countries which have seen the number of coronavirus cases spike in recent weeks, Russia’s official count has remained low with just 199 reported infections. In January, Moscow reported 6,921 pneumonia infections — almost 2000 more than the same period last year. Nationally there has been a 3% increase in pneumonia cases as well.”

https://nypost.com/2020/03/21/russian-pneumonia-cases-raise-doubts-about-official-coronavirus-numbers/

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Lying? I mean, people like you think that Russian GodHackerBots stole the election from her PantSuitHighness, so why do you think any other reporting from PutinTrumpensteinFurher might be real?
In the article, WHO is skeptical of coverup allegations, though they don't definitively vouch for Putin.

I completely think Putin is comfortable lying, but I don't assume.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Has he admitted to it? (Article linked is from 11 hours ago)

“A spike in “pneumonia” cases in Russia is raising questions about the country’s official coronavirus statistics, with skeptics saying the authoritarian government of Vladimir Putin is covering up the actual number of reported cases.

“Unlike other European countries which have seen the number of coronavirus cases spike in recent weeks, Russia’s official count has remained low with just 199 reported infections. In January, Moscow reported 6,921 pneumonia infections — almost 2000 more than the same period last year. Nationally there has been a 3% increase in pneumonia cases as well.”

https://nypost.com/2020/03/21/russian-pneumonia-cases-raise-doubts-about-official-coronavirus-numbers/

The article says Russia is adding 30 to 50 cases per day, I assumed this meant Russia is admitting to that many.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts

The article said their testing was handled by one carrier, and the test produced a lot of false negatives.

Russia has had a large spike in pneumonia cases, something like 50% over last year, but not covid. Go figure.

·
Registered
890 Posts
In the article, WHO is skeptical of coverup allegations, though they don't definitively vouch for Putin.

I completely think Putin is comfortable lying, but I don't assume.
He's a politician. He tells 50 lies before he bangs the Wheaties Gymnastic Olympic girl.

·
Premium Member
11,980 Posts
I escape this Earth by writing of Mirth.

In this world of crazy behavior, I truly feel sane.

Feelings are not reality, the data, say two years from now, will fluff out the truth, cast out the chuff.

Much, I fear will be chaff, chuff, fluff, scary propaganda in an election year.

Hey, let's crash the World economy, why don't we?

We have been bamboozled, and hypnotized....

The Information Age will be the death of us......yet.
24/7 doom and gloom.

Madness.

Hmm?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The article says Russia is adding 30 to 50 cases per day, I assumed this meant Russia is admitting to that many.

Where do you see that in this article? I can’t find that.. but I found this:

“I don’t believe the coronavirus numbers,” a Moscow accountant named Ekaterina told the wire service. “I remember what they told us about Chernobyl at the time. It’s only now that we’re finding out what really happened.”

Remember their internet ban implemented in November 2019...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can someone please post a credible news piece where they are admitting it, that’s not in this article..

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
The article said their testing was handled by one carrier, and the test produced a lot of false negatives.
Well that would mean that they're wrong, but not that they're covering it up.
Russia has had a large spike in pneumonia cases, something like 50% over last year, but not covid. Go figure.
The WHO official was aware of this, it sure does sound suspicious but I suspect he is more equipped to evaluate it than I am.

I'm not an expert, just commenting from my armchair.

I don't have anything good to say about Putin, but it is possible he got out of the blocks better than the west did.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I escape this Earth by writing of Mirth.

In this world of crazy behavior, I truly feel sane.

Feelings are not reality, the data, say two years from now, will fluff out the truth, cast out the chuff.

Much, I fear will be chaff, chuff, fluff, scary propaganda in an election year.

Hey, let's crash the World economy, why don't we?

We have been bamboozled, and hypnotized....

The Information Age will be the death of us......yet.
24/7 doom and gloom.

Madness.

Hmm?

I have some dear friends in the thick of this.. it’s real.. and not just propaganda.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"This week the numbers have surged, with Russia adding 30 to 50 cases every day"

This is the full text of the article I posted, where is that that you keep posting?

A spike in “pneumonia” cases in Russia is raising questions about the country’s official coronavirus statistics, with skeptics saying the authoritarian government of Vladimir Putin is covering up the actual number of reported cases.

“I have a feeling they [the authorities] are lying to us,” Anastasia Vasilyeva, head of Russia’s Doctor’s Alliance trade union, told Reuters.

Unlike other European countries which have seen the number of coronavirus cases spike in recent weeks, Russia’s official count has remained low with just 199 reported infections. In January, Moscow reported 6,921 pneumonia infections — almost 2000 more than the same period last year. Nationally there has been a 3% increase in pneumonia cases as well.

“I don’t believe the coronavirus numbers,” a Moscow accountant named Ekaterina told the wire service. “I remember what they told us about Chernobyl at the time. It’s only now that we’re finding out what really happened.”

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Can someone please post a credible news piece where they are admitting it, that’s not in this article..

Testing has proven spotty. As of March 18, only one lab, located near the Siberian city of Novosibirsk, has been able to carry out tests—and had found only 114 positive results from 116,000 tests, according to the Moscow Times. That is the lowest ratio of tests to positive cases in the world, the paper reports. A deputy in the health committee of the Duma, Russia’s parliament, acknowledged the “figures are likely a lot higher.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com/1822523/russia-reports-few-coronavirus-cases-but-sharp-spike-in-pneumonia/amp/

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
According to PCR News, the Russian test is based on the same method used by other countries.

But the Russian test, PCR News wrote, only detects the virus when there are over 100,000 copies of it per milliliter in a sample. That is far more than in other countries’ tests. A test in use in the U.S., for example, will pick up the virus with just 6,250 copies.

“That would mean it’s about 10-16 times less sensitive than what’s available in the U.S.,” Carmen Wiley, president of the American Association of Clinical Chemistry, told ABC News by a phone. At such a level, she said there was a risk the Russians were missing cases, in particular where people were asymptomatic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/International/russia-reporting-covid-19-cases-cover/story?id=69717763

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If I type the url or click your link, I see the text about 30 to 50 cases. I copied out of the article.

Have you tried clicking the link in your OP?

Yes, all three times you’ve said it’s in there, I don’t see it.. will you post the full text you see?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts