Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for fun, after reading some threads that bring it up...

I took one of the short ones. The results were unambiguous.

ISTJ. Very high on S and T.

Or, "as dull as watching paint dry". I probably should be an engineer.

Too late now.

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
INFJ -- I live in my head and can go a very long time without any social contact. I'm good in social situations, been called many wonderful things at times, but I find them incredibly draining. When I'm being social out of obligation and not so inclined personally, I am less pleasant to be around and more odd.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just did a test and the result was interesting to say the least. I used to always score INFP — the "Pollyanna" type: going about life based on feelings instead of facts, perfectionist, incredibly averse to conflict. This is how I grew up as, but I have changed and the result of the test now shows it. Now I get XNFX — exactly in the middle in the E/I and J/P scales. INFP, INFJ, ENFP, ENFJ — all of those descriptions fit me, just in different situations.

In a losing argument, you're not above spouting off inaccurate statement after statement in an effort to protect your precious values. (INFP)
Check.

You are deep, complex, secretive and extremely difficult to understand. No one actually knows the REAL you, do they? (INFJ)
Check.

You hate criticism. You love to be loved and you'll do anything to be accepted. (ENFP)
Check.

You're like an oversized sniffer dog, trained to sniff out everyone else's problems, yet oblivious to your own. (ENFJ)
Check.

All me!! :smthumbup:

Of course there are positives in all these types as well — as there are in me. I do infact like myself as I am. Sometimes it's humbling to just openly look at the negatives. :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Intp

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I am equally split between ENTJ and INTJ.
But I forget what this means and it's been a long time since I took the test. I wonder if the brain injury incident would have changed anything...where can we take the test on-line?

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Estj.

Practical and realistic
Dependable
Self-confidence
Hard-working
Traditional
Enjoys leading
Very structured and organized
Sticks to their standards
Strongly dislikes inefficiency and disorganization
Seeks out like-minded individuals

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You know, it's funny in a sad way... I haven't the faintest notion where my wife would be... I can't answer it for her. I assume she couldn't for me, either, but you never know.

I should try to get her to take the test.

The one I took turned out that the default choice (web page mechanism) was the right one for me for about 85% of the answers.

Weird.

·
Premium Member
14,147 Posts
I really enjoy the "Personality Pages" of the link you gave GinnaTonia...

The Personality Type Portraits

For each one you click on that link - at the bottom, you can also find Careers for your Temperament, Relationships, Personal and Growth links...

ISTJ - The Duty Fulfillers

ESTJ - The Guardians

ISFJ - The Nurturers

ESFJ - The Caregivers

ISTP - The Mechanics

ESTP - The Doers

ESFP - The Performers

ISFP - The Artists

ENTJ - The Executives

INTJ - The Scientists

ENTP - The Visionaries

INTP - The Thinkers

ENFJ - The Givers

INFJ - The Protectors

ENFP - The Inspirers

INFP - The Idealists

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I really enjoy the "Personality Pages" of the link you gave GinnaTonia...

The Personality Type Portraits

For each one you click on that link - at the bottom, you can also find Careers for your Temperament, Relationships, Personal and Growth links...

I find that I have a lot of the qualities of the ISTJ and ISTP, but definitely am not precisely either one.

FOr instance the "sense of space and function" is either well hidden or I don't have much of it. Not my thing.

I'm also not much of a "by the book" kind of person.

From the ISTP, I have "a compelling drive to understand the way things work. They're good at logical analysis, and like to use it on practical concerns. They typically have strong powers of reasoning, although they're not interested in theories or concepts unless they can see a practical application. They like to take things apart and see the way they work."

Fits me totally. And this too, from ISTP

"ISTPs avoid making judgments based on personal values - they feel that judgments and decisions should be made impartially, based on the fact. They are not naturally tuned in to how they are affecting others. They do not pay attention to their own feelings, and even distrust them and try to ignore them, because they have difficulty distinguishing between emotional reactions and value judgments. This may be a problem area for many ISTPs."

Emotions cause bad judgments and decisions. I work extremely hard at trying to keep my emotions and intellect separate.

Interesting stuff.

·
Premium Member
20,776 Posts
These "types" don't really suit me, nor do starsigns and whatever.

Think I'm schizophrenic, I have split personalities depending on my mood, probably contributes to why my STBX (and some women in the past too) always called me a "rollercoaster" ride.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.