Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you ever find yourself wanting to say the right thing. You practice and really think over what you are going to say and when you open your mouth, all those carefully crafted words fly out the door. Instead you find yourself saying and doing the same old garbage. It hasn't helped in the past. It won't help now. But it is like you are your own worst enemy.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Oh yeah... I am AWFUL talking to people... I always feel like I say the stupidest things, or I dont' talk like everyone else does. If you figure out how to fix this, let me know. :)

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Practice, practice, practice. That is all I can say. Be aware of the things you say and try to stick with the better approach. It has taken me quite a few years to stick to a better way to handle a disagreement. Don't beat yourself up when you make a mistake. I found if I slipped in the disagreement I apologized for slipping up, this lightened the load and we could continue on. My hubby is great a taking a break and I have learned this too. Sometimes we wait a few hours to a few days to discuss something big. One of us may not be up for the debate at the moment. It just takes time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.