Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in a large company engage in extra curricular activities with co workers? I see it alot in our foreign offices but haven't observed much of it state side. Especially if there are ALOT of hot women in your industry lol

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
Single or married - never a good idea.

We have a lot of 'social' events that I have to attend after hours. After making some poor choices in the past, I make sure that either I drag hubby with me or I go, have a ****tail, mingle with a few of my peers and boss and go home early.

Fortunately, having a baby at home now makes for a convenient excuse to bow out of a lot of these.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Never screw the people you work with, period. Literally or figuratively.

You also have to watch out from an HR standpoint. Many companies have policies to discourage workplace romance. A bad relationship can ruin productivity and morale.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Single or married - never a good idea.

We have a lot of 'social' events that I have to attend after hours. After making some poor choices in the past, I make sure that either I drag hubby with me or I go, have a ****tail, mingle with a few of my peers and boss and go home early.

Fortunately, having a baby at home now makes for a convenient excuse to bow out of a lot of these.
I think most learn by experience, as long as your spouse doesn't think your coworker will make a good addition to your bedroom lol

·
Banned
2,585 Posts
I dated someone from work once...big mistake. He ended up being a nutbar, and now I'm still stuck looking at his smarmy face from time to time. I hope I never end up having to work with him!

Extramarital affairs in this place are rampant. The company probably has an HR policy, but it isn't adhered to at all. People here get rewarded for their bad behaviour, promoted, and their affairs covered up. Gross.

·
Banned
621 Posts
Well, I only worked in a big office in a big building for about 2 years. In that time I slept with two immediate co-workers, one girl from the floor upstairs, had an ongoing FWB with a girl from down the hall, and then managed to swindle the VP's secretary to move in with me from HDQ.

Needless to say I had to get a new job :smthumbup:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shower possibly, but never soaking in the bath tub! Lol
Oh don't like soaking in your own pee? lol.....reminds me of a family guy episode whre Stewie had a gun to Brians head and he's screaming "now eat my poo". lol

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dated someone from work once...big mistake. He ended up being a nutbar, and now I'm still stuck looking at his smarmy face from time to time. I hope I never end up having to work with him!

Extramarital affairs in this place are rampant. The company probably has an HR policy, but it isn't adhered to at all. People here get rewarded for their bad behaviour, promoted, and their affairs covered up. Gross.
Must be a hedge fund LOL..just kidding

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I only worked in a big office in a big building for about 2 years. In that time I slept with two immediate co-workers, one girl from the floor upstairs, had an ongoing FWB with a girl from down the hall, and then managed to swindle the VP's secretary to move in with me from HDQ.

Needless to say I had to get a new job :smthumbup:
Ha! niiiice, now you have a direct link to the VP lol

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Seen way too many of these go sideways...

Guy caught nailing his father's secretary on his desk. Father walked in on them and fired his son.

Couple start dating. That in itself isn't too bad but can't keep their hands off each other at work. Get caught in empty office naked and sweaty. Both fired.

Another couple dating. Just goo-goo eyes all day. Nothing gets done.Other employees now angry because they have to pick up slack. Both transferred to different departments.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Wow, some of you have very lax standards in the office.

My former boss was nailing his secretary. Then when she sued the company, the company made a very firm and strict company policy regarding this kind of stuff.

If two employees are caught having an affair, you are both fired. Even if you are single and THEY are married. You are both fired.

Ever since that policy was enacted, only had two affairs in the workplace. And it applies to everyone. Our HR president and an accountant seemed to think it didn't.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Those of you saying to not mix the business with pleasure even if you are single; I have always felt that work is one of the best places to meet someone. You spend a lot of your time there, obviously have that in common, and your schedules will be similar. Plus, you don't have to go out of your way to meet them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.