Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9 to 5 Flirtation | Story | Glo

And you wonder why more and more people are having difficulties.

They talk about the dangers, but never actually say...So why bother doing it.

Sure it can be fun to skate on thin ice....BUT WHY BOTHER!!!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I think that was a very reasonable article. It stated the aspects of the relationship that can be dangerous and gave some options for how to handle things in an adult manner.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont get me wrong. It was good to see the article talk about all the the possible pitfalls and problems, but my thought reading that article is "if there's so much danger, just don't do it".

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I've actually told guys, "You know...I don't need a work husband." way before even reading this article...so yeah, very true article.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I've actually told guys, "You know...I don't need a work husband." way before even reading this article...so yeah, very true article.
We need more women like YOU in the world and less like these women calling men their 'work husbands'. Rude. When you start washing his underwear and cooking his dinner and cleaning his toilets....THEN you can call him your husband...

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think the term "work husband/wife" is disrespectful to your RL relationship, anyway. As I've said before, why should someone else get all the benefits of having a husband/wife without all the work involved?

I think work brother/sister would be a better term, wonder why nobody uses it.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
I think the term "work husband/wife" is disrespectful to your RL relationship, anyway. As I've said before, why should someone else get all the benefits of having a husband/wife without all the work involved?

:iagree:

·
Registered
2,671 Posts

Because you dont flirt with your brother or sister. These 'relationships' are often very flirtatious.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
PAGE 3

Should you tell your partner about your work husband?

Many people are of the mindset that what you don't know can't hurt you. The problem with this theory is it becomes even more hurtful when your partner finds out. You may want to protect their feelings or keep them from getting jealous, since you think it's unwarranted, but keeping things from your partner is a sign of a larger problem.

"The secrecy creates a further bond between you and your work [husband]," says Dr. Jenn. "It creates more excitement. I definitely think you should tell your partner about this other person. I wouldn't present it in a threatening way, but they should know of the people in your life."

Dr. Walsh shares a similar sentiment. "If you don't tell your spouse about your work husband, you have to ask yourself why. Are you protecting your spouse from unnecessary feelings of jealousy or are you keeping a secret back-up plan?"
Secrecy can be destructive for a relationship, so if you feel like you have to hide a relationship you have at work, you should pinpoint what's behind that decision, and how you as a couple can work on being more honest and authentic.

Secrets carry tremendous POWER ....

Excellent article here >>
http://talkaboutmarriage.com/articles/993-sex-lies-secrets-secrecy-destroying-your-marriage.html

Similar situation discussed in this article >>

Living a High Definition, Transparent Marriage - Focus on the Family

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.