Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woman have been looking at me the past few days while shopping. I used to be a nice looking guy. I hope I still am. I just worry they are looking at me for the wrong reasons. My wife says I look angry all the time. She is right. Well, no, he's not right. I only look angry some of the time. So what are the odds that they are looking at me because they think I'm good looking or because I look angry? And is looking angry necessarily a bad thing? Might it be attractive to some woman? Or, maybe I just look familiar. I suppose they can think I'm ugly too. :scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
"Maybe, maybe, maybe..."

Jeez, man, stop overthinking this. Make yourself more attractive to all women, and just enjoy it when one checks you out. Do these things, and your confidence will grow...and then you won't post about whether you're ugly or not.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Why do you even worry about why people are looking at you? What you and your wife think is what matters.

But to answer your question, I think people who scowl look angry, pissed and mean and I would avoid them. But you have said you don't come across the way you want to in other threads about employment and such.

I think you could benefit from toastmasters. You don't interview well and people look at you odd and have said you look angry. Toastmasters would help you work on your speech, appearance and delivery. Often they video your speeches so you can really see what others do.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Did you check yourself in the mirror before going out? No one drew a penis on your forehead in marker while you were sleeping? If everything was fine, then don't worry about why they were looking at you. What random people think based on a one second glance in your direction is ephemeral. One second later they will be thinking random thoughts about someone else. Whether they thought you were good looking or angry doesn't matter.

You should concentrate on how you *feel* about yourself. Confidence doesn't come from others, it comes from within.

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why do you even worry about why people are looking at you? What you and your wife think is what matters.

But to answer your question, I think people who scowl look angry, pissed and mean and I would avoid them. But you have said you don't come across the way you want to in other threads about employment and such.

I think you could benefit from toastmasters. You don't interview well and people look at you odd and have said you look angry. Toastmasters would help you work on your speech, appearance and delivery. Often they video your speeches so you can really see what others do.
I am looking for Toastmasters now. Good suggestion. I went to a meeting once. I also attended Dale Carnegie years ago. And yes, I am sure it hurts my employment and my interview skills.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Man:

What are you doing to better yourself? You come on here with issues and issues. I agree, it is good to communicate and get opinions. But, you don't appear to ever act on the advice.

I truly hope you get the help you need to get back on your feet.

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man:

What are you doing to better yourself? You come on here with issues and issues. I agree, it is good to communicate and get opinions. But, you don't appear to ever act on the advice.

I truly hope you get the help you need to get back on your feet.
I'm reading a book No More Mr. Nice Guy. It's slow going. I have been rejected for job after job after job.

I am taking care of my child at home. I am taking care of the house. I am taking care of the landscaping. I don't get credit for anything.

Yes, I tend to ask too much advice. Sorry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.