Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So dh and I went out for dinner to favorite local pub. Two younger women (married/engaged) were talking at the bar. Two married guys come in. One tried to take the stool a woman had been sitting in. She comes back and he apologies, starts flirting (very obvious).

Throughout the dinner he's staring at her repeatedly. Like full on staring and smiling in a creeper way. Not a "good looking woman" peek but repeated checking out vibe.

As dh and I got ready to leavel the married guy approached and asked one of them who was driving them home. One of the women answered that she was the driver. They were not drunk, so it wasn't safety issue. He then comes back with "How far away do you live? Where do you live?" etc.

At that point dh and I left. I was just flabbergasted that this dude sporting a ring (who didn't know these people - he introduced himself) would so blatantly test the waters at a small family run bar early in the evening.

And to be honest, I felt bad for his wife. Granted I know nothing about these people, but to see this on display so obviously bothered me.

Did you ever witness anything so obvious? FWIW, this was not late at night, it was 8 pm.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
You never know, he could be in an open marriage, his spouse could have died, he could be separated, he could be putting on a ring just to get women (apparently it works sometimes...).

But...

I was at a restaurant bar a while ago and saw a man write on a napkin and give it to a woman, while his pregnant wife was in the washroom. I assume his number was on the napkin. As far as I could tell they didn't know each other and hadn't talked at all but he was checking her out.

I have also had a "friend" (who I haven't seen since) offer another man a blowjob and really pushed for it, while her husband was outside. She would have ran off to blow this guy with her husband 40' away.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
So dh and I went out for dinner to favorite local pub. Two younger women (married/engaged) were talking at the bar. Two married guys come in.....

.....I was just flabbergasted that this dude sporting a ring (who didn't know these people -..........And to be honest, I felt bad for his wife. Granted I know nothing about these people, but to see this on display so obviously bothered me.

Did you ever witness anything so obvious? FWIW, this was not late at night, it was 8 pm.
First, you really don't know what happened. I have known lots of women who wear wedding & engagement rings when out in public to keep men from flirting with them or to allow them to say no they are not available. Guys can still be wearing a wedding ring and not be married, such as widower or divorced, but still honoring their past wife.

You could have even witnessed a husband wife and friends trying to spice up their marriage with a little public role playing, before they went home with their spouse.

·
Premium Member
12,089 Posts
So dh and I went out for dinner to favorite local pub. Two younger women (married/engaged) were talking at the bar. Two married guys come in. One tried to take the stool a woman had been sitting in. She comes back and he apologies, starts flirting (very obvious).

Throughout the dinner he's staring at her repeatedly. Like full on staring and smiling in a creeper way. Not a "good looking woman" peek but repeated checking out vibe.

As dh and I got ready to leavel the married guy approached and asked one of them who was driving them home. One of the women answered that she was the driver. They were not drunk, so it wasn't safety issue. He then comes back with "How far away do you live? Where do you live?" etc.

At that point dh and I left. I was just flabbergasted that this dude sporting a ring (who didn't know these people - he introduced himself) would so blatantly test the waters at a small family run bar early in the evening.

And to be honest, I felt bad for his wife. Granted I know nothing about these people, but to see this on display so obviously bothered me.

Yes, I have witnessed something so obvious. The most disgusting display I ever saw was in the downstairs lobby of a restaurant. Downstairs lobby is where the restrooms and exit/entrance to the place were. So a man and his wife were there and had their baby (like 2) with them. The woman told him she was going to the ladies room, right nearby. He put the baby on his head and walked up to the woman I was with, who is also married, using the baby as his conversation starter and wingman. Clearly flirting with her. No shame, no ethics, no business with a baby.

If it was open marriage, he wouldn't be wearing his ring, which would only slow down his progress.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used to go to the bars all the time with two other men; I’ve seen it all; had one lady lie to me about being married, another woman told me her husband was a trucker and out of town; both of those women approached me; my two friends messed around with married women too; you would be gobsmacked just how much infidelity happens; I’ve seen it first hand and speak from experience

·
Registered
20,360 Posts

This stops those who are honorable and have integrity.

It hasn't slowed down the others.

Body jewelry Finger Pre-engagement ring Wedding ring Gesture

·
Registered
20,360 Posts
People behaving badly aren't rare or new unfortunately.

About 20 years ago, Mrs. C and I took the boys down the Oregon coast to the redwoods and back.

While sitting next to my wife, with our youngest son on my lap and our oldest playing behind us, a lady park ranger walked right up to me and propositioned me like I was alone.

Mrs. C and I have a sense of humor so I just looked over at my wife and said "I don't know honey, what do you think?" 😋

·
Premium Member
18,959 Posts
Bars and Pubs are meant to be Meet Markets.

Some local yokels think it, Meat.

Nothing new here, this behavior has been going on for thousands of years.
Before, even the Roman times.
Whenever spirits first went retail.

·
Registered
17,888 Posts
People behaving badly isn't rare or new unfortunately.

About 20 years ago, Mrs. C and I took the boys down the Oregon coast to the redwoods and back.

While sitting next to my wife, with our youngest son on my lap and our oldest playing behind us, a lady park ranger walked right up to me and propositioned me like I was alone.

Mrs. C and I have a sense of humor so I just looked over at my wife and said "I don't know honey, what do you think?" 😋
That happened to Mr D several times when he was walking along with his first wife in the far East. I mean that's just crazy.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
A wedding ring almost seems like a magnet at times for people to hit on you. I have had women try to flirt with me when I am wearing my ring on a few occasions. My wife has had it happen on multiple occasions and says that some people are just downright creepy when they try to flirt.

·
Registered
446 Posts
A woman who worked at my husband's old workplace (he worked there a few years ago) tried to get together with him. I'd visit hubby at work sometimes and while I was waiting for him, she'd give me really bad looks and ignored me until hubby came up to me, then she'd smile brightly and say, "Hi! How are you!!"

The employees in hubby's team put together a holiday get together at a bar, my husband didn't want to go and stayed home. She texted him several times (all the employees on hubby's team had each others phone numbers), at first saying how she wished he was there, that she missed his presence there.

Then she texted him something like, "I'm a little drunk and I can't get you off my mind!! We should have some fun sometime, too bad it's too late tonight....is it?" with a bunch of emojis, including the purple devil and hearts eyes smiley face.

I was in the kitchen putting away dishes and hubby was on the couch in the family room. I heard his text sound go off and from the kitchen, I saw him looking at his phone. I asked him who it was and he said someone from work. Neither one of us normally get calls or texts at that time of night.

Then I saw him text back. And my heart kinda sank.

When hubby got up to go upstairs to get something, I picked up his phone and read the texts.

I saw her texts and read my husband's reply to her.

My husband texted her back saying her texts were inappropriate and not to text him again unless it was work related.

And that's when my heart started glowing.

As a sidenote, this woman started seeing a guy from work who lived with his girlfriend. Word got around at work about it and word got back to the guy's girlfriend, who dumped him.

·
Registered
446 Posts
This is awesome!!

Reactions: ConanHub

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
A woman who worked at my husband's old workplace (he worked there a few years ago) tried to get together with him. I'd visit hubby at work sometimes and while I was waiting for him, she'd give me really bad looks and ignored me until hubby came up to me, then she'd smile brightly and say, "Hi! How are you!!"

The employees in hubby's team put together a holiday get together at a bar, my husband didn't want to go and stayed home. She texted him several times (all the employees on hubby's team had each others phone numbers), at first saying how she wished he was there, that she missed his presence there.

Then she texted him something like, "I'm a little drunk and I can't get you off my mind!! We should have some fun sometime, too bad it's too late tonight....is it?" with a bunch of emojis, including the purple devil and hearts eyes smiley face.

I was in the kitchen putting away dishes and hubby was on the couch in the family room. I heard his text sound go off and from the kitchen, I saw him looking at his phone. I asked him who it was and he said someone from work. Neither one of us normally get calls or texts at that time of night.

Then I saw him text back. And my heart kinda sank.

When hubby got up to go upstairs to get something, I picked up his phone and read the texts.

I saw her texts and read my husband's reply to her.

My husband texted her back saying her texts were inappropriate and not to text him again unless it was work related.

And that's when my heart started glowing.

As a sidenote, this woman started seeing a guy from work who lived with his girlfriend. Word got around at work about it and word got back to the guy's girlfriend, who dumped him.
That must of been a wonderful feeling to see his reply back to her.... A lady who openly pursues a guy who she knows is married is a skank lol.

·
Registered
446 Posts
That must of been a wonderful feeling to see his reply back to her.... A lady who openly pursues a guy who she knows is married is a skank lol.
Yep, it was a wonderful feeling and 100% agree that anyone who chases after a married person is a skank!

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
In my early 20's I used to hang out at the bars all the time. Back then, there were these 2 girls, best friends, who would come to the bar one weekend a month. I used to chat them up because they were attractive, and I occasionally sat and shared drinks with them. One day I decided to get the one girl's phone number after we had gotten to know each other a little. She gave me her number and then explained that her husband was in the Army and she was home alone so she had time to get together. I never knew she was married. I never called her.

Fast forward maybe 7 years later. I was starting my job as a corrections officer and we had a graduation from academy. During academy, there were a few of us that stuck together and became friends. At graduation, everyone brought their family in, including the guy that was probably my best friend in academy. We ran into each other, he introduced me to his wife, and when she turned around, it was her. She immediately recognized me and I her. We both pretended not to know one another. I know for a fact my friend's wife was cheating on him at the bar while he was fighting overseas. I wasn't the only one to talk her. I never said anything to him.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts