Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My H gave the ILYBNILWY speech about three weeks ago. He also said i deserved better and that he just wanted to be alone. He is self employed and the past year has been difficult. He never takes a day off, or very rarely. I know he was saying some time before that he felt like he didn't know who he was anymore. We've had a very good marriage I think, no arguments, lots of affection and communication, although he often doesn't open up to me. Sex was a bit lacking in the last year due to stress on both our parts. I love him very much and we have been married 12 years. We've always supported each other and encouraged each to be the best we could be. There was always much affection between us.

He gave me the speech on the phone from Ireland where he goes for work. (we live on the uk). And he has stayed there since. He has a very good friend there who had put him up in a b&b. There is no OW. My H isnt talking to me, he texts about finances now and again, thats it. He hasn't been in touch with any friends, or his sister who he is very close to.

I am doing the 180. I have been NC except once or twice when I tried to tak to him but he said he wanted to be alone. I think he may be depressed.

Any advice? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
His actions sounds like a man who is either cheating or has been hurt very badly. Assuming you have not hurt him (cheated yourself, rejected him sexually, disrespected him etc...) I think you have to investigate cheating. ILYBINILWY is usually code for cheating by the way.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
His actions sounds like a man who is either cheating or has been hurt very badly. Assuming you have not hurt him (cheated yourself, rejected him sexually, disrespected him etc...) I think you have to investigate cheating. ILYBINILWY is usually code for cheating by the way.
No I've done nothing of the sort. I am aware he may be cheating, tho. I would be surprised at this- however you never know and I've seen enough instances on TAM. Not much I can do either way, I'm hoping not, obv.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Perhaps it started as his mid-life crisis stage, then mixed with stress, anxiety, and depression. But, now it sounds as though there is another woman. That could have been his answer to the mid-life crisis, stress, anxiety, and depression. It lifted his spirits, so to speak. The friend in Ireland could be covering for him. And the reason he is not in contact with close family and friends because he is ashamed--He knows darn well they wouldn't approve. I definitely went through all of this with my estranged husband.

Do you have children?

·
Registered
128 Posts
"You deserve someone better" IS also code for cheating. Oh wait, did he say you deserve better as in "financially"?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"You deserve someone better" IS also code for cheating. Oh wait, did he say you deserve better as in "financially"?
Posted via Mobile Device
It may be financial as things have been very much up and down, but hard to say without being able to talk with him. I am just doing hardcore 180 for all I'm worth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.