Talk About Marriage banner
301 - 311 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
This is about your opinion of implants and what they mean and do. You seem to be under the impression that they change who a woman is, and they do not.
It may however, reveal a weakness in her ability to handle the sudden added attention from other men. There by changing her behavior because of a lack of boundaries and moral integrity already there

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
This is what I didn’t understand about what you were saying. I thought you meant if she didn’t get them it would prevent her from getting that attention, or at least getting so much of it.

It’s too bad, I enjoyed our conversations in the past. FWIW, this does happen to me a lot and I need to examine why. When everyone on a forum hates one person, the problem is with that one person. On this thread I learned that there is a large group of male posters who don’t even read my posts, they just assume everything I post is, I guess, “argumentative,” and when I say something they do agree with they accuse me of lying. It has to be something I’m doing because those guys always hated me, but we were friends before. I’ll continue to try to work on it. I wont reply again to you.
It is misconstruing something someone says. You read into things that are not so. Do not try to think what a person is thinking, men will tell you, we tend to be very simple creatures, and what we say can typically be taken at face value.

I was perma-banned from S.I. because someone misconstrued what I responded to on somebody's post. They responded incorrectly saying I said something, I did not in any way state.
One of their little darlings was triggered severely by what the other poster misconstrued that I supposedly said in their mind.

The girl had a melt down because she thought I had said it was her fault because she was gang raped in NY. Was not further from the truth, but I was banned due to this other posters reading into something I did not in any way say. There was no chance to correct the other poster

The girl was banned also because she had a melt down and was posting that she hoped my wife or child was gang raped. This was all because someone inferred something on a post that did not exist

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
It was said by ONE person on ONE post that implants "likely" lead to cheating. But don't let that stop you from saying this thread has established that we all say she is going to cheat.

Of course you aren't going to look for it. You pulled it out of thin air. It's pretty simple. Page one, Ctrl-F, "cheat"....rinse and repeat on each page. ONE person said it ONCE and that doesn't set the tone for the entire thread.

That is you being dramatic and wanting to attempt to throw in an insult while attributing the wrong understanding of what is being said by others.

NOBODY here has said that if she gets implants she is going to cheat. NOBODY. End of story.
Didn't say likely...I myself said most of the women I know who had enlargement, cheated on their hubby's. Only exception was a past co-workers reconstruction, that went up a size after her mastectomy. Her hubby is ~10yrs younger.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
That is the catch with something cosmetic like this. Even if you say it is totally for you, there absolutely is a component where they are hoping to get some external validation. Maybe I'm way off base on that, but it seems logical. If a woman were to get enlargement surgery for her self esteem and not one single person noticed and said something to her I bet she would be extremely disappointed. Again, I could be wrong, but to me that is just part of human nature.

I think in general there isn't anything inherently wrong with that. If I've been killing myself at the gym it sure does feel good when someone mentions that they notice the improvement. It only becomes a problem when that is your primary goal, especially if you are already in a happy long term relationship with a partner that loves you the way you are. It is hard to know what is in the head of the OP's wife with regard to that, but her reasons for wanting the surgery are vague at best, so we all start speculating about her true intentions. I think it is important for her to clearly articulate her reasons for wanting the surgery. Not just for the sake of her husband, but I think she owes it to herself.
I lift because my wife gets hot looking and feeling my arms and chest especially while...well....I leave that right there😏

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Didn't say likely...I myself said most of the women I know who had enlargement, cheated on their hubby's. Only exception was a past co-workers reconstruction, that went up a size after her mastectomy. Her hubby is ~10yrs younger.
You're right....he said "often" leads to cheating. But same meaning, "likely" vs. "often". Still the point was, nobody said that the OPs wife was going to absolutely cheat, just pointing out a possibility since it is "likely" she wants attention from other men. And it was said by ONE person here, not many as someone incorrectly said.

Reactions: Divinely Favored

·
Registered
1 Posts
That’s good news, isn’t it? My wife was a size 1 breast, so when she said she wanted implants, I got excited. Of course, I didn't tell her that. My response was this: "Honey, I love you just the way you are." That's true, but I like her even more with big breasts. I found the best plastic surgeon in New York for her, so she was happy. Still, there's one problem. After the surgery, I had to spend a lot of money to buy new bras. Lol. When calculating the surgery cost, don't forget to factor in buying new bras.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Losing weight will improve looks more than any boob job and make one healthier.

If not over weight then going to the gym to become toned will improve looks
more than any boob job, and add the health benefits.

Boob jobs will not make one more attractive or healthier. Just your boobs bigger.

There are a lot of unattractive women out there with big boobs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Breast augmentation with implants is one of the women's most common aesthetic surgeries. Breast implants have always been and remain a topic of discussion. However, they are in demand and are turning women into satisfied patients. Many argue that implants can cause breast cancer and other diseases and interfere with normal breastfeeding. Modern implants have undergone many studies and tests, where it has been proven that they are absolutely safe for the female body. My wife had this surgery with the doctor at www.realself.com. It looks very beautiful and sexy.

301 - 311 of 311 Posts