Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 20 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why does she want them? Does she think they are too small? Or does she have perfectly sized boobs but she wants bigger ones because she fancies them? What's the reason? Then we can talk about it... :)
Not entirely sure, when I ask her why she just say "because I want them"

She is slim with an ample C-cup, anything bigger in my opinion will definitely look fake, if you know what I mean?

My own speculation is that her daughter is "developing" at a very rapid pace and is already larger than she is, maybe she is jealous or something?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts

She is slim with an ample C-cup, anything bigger in my opinion will definitely look fake, if you know what I mean?

My own speculation is that her daughter is "developing" at a very rapid pace and is already larger than she is, maybe she is jealous or something?
Sorry @Dannyyyyy but this is a relationship red flag to me. The same as it would be a red flag if a husband wanted a wife to get implants.

In my opinion (I’m not a woman so... disclaimer) There's only one reason to want larger breasts. She wants to feel better about herself, which comes from the external validation of having men and/or women look at them.

I would not be cool with that either. I would start asking the question why does she want that outside attention?

·
Registered
7,357 Posts

I wouldn't accept an answer like that. She needs to tell you the real reason, then you can discuss it.

·
Premium Member
6,813 Posts
I was around 32 and had gone through a huge weight loss. I was working out constantly and had gotten down well below my goal weight. I had lost a lot of fat, and even though I was still a C cup, I couldn’t wear a bathing suit because my breasts sagged. I was single at the time, and actively NOT interested in a relationship. (broken engagement). I got implants because I had worked really hard on myself and wanted to be happy with the way I looked. I didn’t want to have to wear a cover up at the beach because my breasts were ugly. So I fixed it, so I could feel better about the way I looked and as a kind of reward for myself for working so hard for so long. I have never regretted it, that was almost 20 years ago

I don’t know your wife or what she may or may not be going through, but that is why I got them. The surgery isn’t super risky beyond the anesthesia (which always comes with risks) as long as she chooses a reputable plastic surgeon. This is definitely not something you bargain hunt for, you want someone with a good reputation who will make sure the implants fit your body size and type.

I do think she needs to be able to articulate a better answer than “I just want them.” Depending on her age, and if as you say her daughter is getting older, I would think instead of “jealous” (wow) it’s more likely that she is feeling insecure about getting older and having her sexual attractiveness end. That’s a hard thing to face. Plastic surgery will not fix that. Any decent surgeon is going to talk to her about it and ensure she’s not fighting some internal battle that she thinks this surgery will fix. It sounds harsh, but after the surgery, she won’t be younger. If that is what she’s fighting, I would honestly recommend holding off on the surgery until she conquers that (well, less conquer than accept). That doesn’t mean no surgery, it just means accepting that we have an end date and sadly, time cannot be stopped.

This is only my perspective. Take it or leave it, just trying to offer insight as another woman. I’m just a stranger on the internet with no idea what else is going on, your situation may be completely different.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Wife wants breast implants, I don't want her to get them,

I think she looks great the way she is, and I don't like the risk involved with the surgery

Advice?
My Wife has them. When she said she was thinking about it I didn't say anything one way or the other, I told her, I thought she looked great as she was but it was her decision. When she decided she was going to do it I helped research.

The biggest thing really is finding the best surgeon. The one she decided on she went with because he was very big on his patience looking natural. People say fake boobs look fake. The real way to say it is mediocre boob jobs look fake. If you saw my wife even in a string bikini you would know she has implants. It all comes down to how good the surgeon is and not going bigger than her frame can handle and looking natural.

The surgery itself was fairly easy in and out in a day, she was in pain for 3-4 days and back to fully normal in a couple of weeks if memory serves, it was 17 years ago now she is very happy with them still.

It is something she should think about for a while to be sure it's not a snap decision, maybe see if she can talk to another woman who has gone through it too.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I'm sure there are women out there who would be jealous of anyone having larger boobs, but unless you have more of a reason to back that up, I'd assume it's not the answer. If it's related to her daughter having larger boobs than her, I'd think that would be more a feeling of inadequacy or feeling her age, rather than jealousy. You know her and the situation best though.

I think she needs to come up with a better reason than "I just want them". It's not like she's flat-chested, so why does she want to be bigger? Does she really just want them lifted? Maybe more full because of what pregnancy/breastfeeding can do? "Wrinkly" skin to be gone/less visible? Wants to fit into certain clothing better? And depending on what clothing, I'd question why. Wants to feel youthful? Wants to feel desireable (aka, male attention)? Wants it because of all these "influencers" who are showing off their new boobs? Thinks you would be more attracted to her or interested in her?

My wife has brought it up many times but her reasons aren't the right reasons. I don't want her to do it anyway, but certainly not for the reasons she has.

At the end of the day, it's your wife's body and her choice. It doesn't have to be your paycheck or savings though. If she wants to drop $10k+ on a cosmetic surgery, then she should be saving up her spare money to pay for it.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
A C cup is great IMO. Are they sagging? Had kids, etc? How’s your marriage?

Some women get bigger boobs for attention. That would be my concern. But if it’s more of a lift instead of going bigger, it may be a self esteem issue for her.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Then I would have a big problem with it. She’s looking for attention from other men. Period.

Tell her how you feel and if she truly loves you, she won’t get them.
You don't know that, you could be right, the reason why is important because it is a big decision, but every woman has their own reason. In my experience most women do it because they want to be more confident, or simply like the look of bigger boobs themselves. Women don't make all their life decisions based on what men think.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
that could possibly be the reason, and i am not saying that can not be the reason,

but i dont know how you can conclude that as being 100% for sure?

maybe she just wants to feel better about herself?
How old is she? Has she been working on her appearance more lately? It could be part of her achieving what she considers her ideal appearance, that was the reason my wife did it.

·
Premium Member
6,813 Posts
that could possibly be the reason, and i am not saying that can not be the reason,

When I got mine, everyone expected that I would change into a totally different person and start flashing everyone and table dancing and all that. Those are the same people who think the only reason a woman gets into shape is to get attention from men, the only reason for makeup is attention from men and the only reason she continues to breathe in and out is to get attention from men. I’m not saying it’s definitely not that, but women do in fact do things for reasons other than to get attention from men. We actually care about looking and feeling good about ourselves and don’t glean our entire sense of self from the attention of men. 🙄😂😂😂

Seriously, though, she needs to be able to articulate a good reason. Anything is possible but if it’s really to get attention from men there will be other warning signs as well.

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts

I too wouldn't want my wife to get implants. She is a B-cup BTW. I'm big on assessing risk vs. reward. There is most definitely risk in any surgical procedure, so I would want my wife to give me a really good reason for wanting it, more than just "because I want them". Her life is invaluable to me, so even though it is her body I would hope she would take my feelings into consideration. The money side of things does factor too. We share all our finances, so again, there would need to be some joint decision making there as well.

I think she at least owe you a better explanation than a just because before you give your blessing.

1 - 20 of 305 Posts