Talk About Marriage banner
341 - 360 of 380 Posts

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
To be doing all this money moving should be difficult to hide if it’s in last few months and any judge should see it that way. She should be disbarred. But unless she’s an idiot, she’s already looked in and verified she can screw you over legally. Totally sucks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Interesting thing is she came home in June last year and said "I fancy getting some Monero"
@Smilieman , now that's a red alert right there!
Someone coached her to pick Monero and not the usually crypto assist people go for such as (BTC, ETH, ADA ..Etc)
Unlike BTC and ETH, Monero assists will be very, very difficulted if not impossible to track and find!
Your lawyer needs to know about Monero and you need to explain why Monero is different from the other cryptos.
Now the picture is becoming more clear!

If Monero and crypto is in the picture, your most likely going to need a forensic accountant with experience with digital assists (Now days plenty are)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #343 ·
if she is has been using the savings to live it has been a clever move , as that way she can save more of her wages and stay legal ,
if she moved the money from bank to bank it will show even if she moved it from bank to bank to as someone said to his bank that too will show
but if she lodged her wages to the Monero account ( i take it this is a hedging fund account ) she can hold on to it and if money from savings was in cash you a in bad luck
Monero = Cryptocurrency.

The money was transferred into her account the details are on the statement - sort code +_ account no.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #344 ·
To be doing all this money moving should be difficult to hide if it’s in last few months and any judge should see it that way. She should be disbarred. But unless she’s an idiot, she’s already looked in and verified she can screw you over legally. Totally sucks.
Bit of both. She's used joint accounts. However the lat one for my pensions she didn't get as she didn't stay the course because I was querying things. So she took off. Her setting up another joint account, triggerring my pensions to pay the lump sum to that account then going a few days later, shows intention to defraud, especially based on her past behaviour of emptying joint bank accounts.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #345 ·
@Smilieman , now that's a red alert right there!
Someone coached her to pick Monero and not the usually crypto assist people go for such as (BTC, ETH, ADA ..Etc)
Unlike BTC and ETH, Monero assists will be very, very difficulted if not impossible to track and find!
Your lawyer needs to know about Monero and you need to explain why Monero is different from the other cryptos.
Now the picture is becoming more clear!

If Monero and crypto is in the picture, your most likely going to need a forensic accountant with experience with digital assists (Now days plenty are)
It is. We have been watching Jeff Berwick all through last year and he's always going on about Monero (& more recently Pirate Chain). Monero transactions are almost impossible to track, however you have to go through an exchange first to get BTC -> Monero. So the bank transfer to the exchange will be on the statement.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It is. We have been watching Jeff Berwick all through last year and he's always going on about Monero (& more recently Pirate Chain). Monero transactions are almost impossible to track, however you have to go through an exchange first to get BTC -> Monero. So the bank transfer to the exchange will be on the statement.
Yup, that's your first place to start, to know if she did that any money she took out, possibly to different person (Affair guy?) account and from there to crypto exchange!
If that was the case (TBH I hop it is) then you will know where the money went, and drag that dude to the mess this women did (two birds with one stone!)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #347 ·
Yup, that's your first place to start, to know if she did that any money she took out, possibly to different person (Affair guy?) account and from there to crypto exchange!
If that was the case (TBH I hop it is) then you will know where the money went, and drag that dude to the mess this women did (two birds with one stone!)
Knowing her pattern, she probably set up a completely different account and transferred it there.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Bit of both. She's used joint accounts. However the lat one for my pensions she didn't get as she didn't stay the course because I was querying things. So she took off. Her setting up another joint account, triggerring my pensions to pay the lump sum to that account then going a few days later, shows intention to defraud, especially based on her past behaviour of emptying joint bank accounts.
You’re highly unlikely to get any results on this intention to defraud stuff. She didn’t get your pension money. There’s nothing to return there.
As to the other money she took from joint accounts, you are still married. She took it, spent it, it’s gone. She’s been paying the bills for 7 years. No way a judge is going to have her pay it back.
You need to be working on getting spousal support. How long does that last in the UK?

Do you have plans to get a job? Still not able?
Unless you can get a doctor to sign on that you are disabled, it’s going to be rough. You haven’t worked in seven years and haven’t gotten disability? That doesn’t bode well.

just trying to help you focus on things that will wind up productive. You’re going to need some money to live....

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #349 ·
You’re highly unlikely to get any results on this intention to defraud stuff. She didn’t get your pension money. There’s nothing to return there.
As to the other money she took from joint accounts, you are still married. She took it, spent it, it’s gone. She’s been paying the bills for 7 years. No way a judge is going to have her pay it back.
You need to be working on getting spousal support. How long does that last in the UK?
I don't know what's going to happen here. That money was supposed to be for work on my teeth that I will need in the future - it was my dental claim money. Spousal support is in progress and with the court - my lawyer has stated to claim monthly payments until decree nisi, then interim payments of the same amount after that.

Do you have plans to get a job? Still not able?
Unless you can get a doctor to sign on that you are disabled, it’s going to be rough. You haven’t worked in seven years and haven’t gotten disability? That doesn’t bode well.
I cannot get a job. i would be sacked within the week. My condition is not a recognised disability which is a pain and I am not the only person in the world with this problem. I haven't claimed disability before as my wife told me that she looked into it and that I couldn't claim it. She told me this over 5 years ago. I found out when she left that she was wrong and then she told me that she hadn't really looked into it after all - it's maddening. I am going through registering a claim at the moment and I'm still waiting for my medical notes to arrive from the doctors - I shall chase them tomorrow as I need to send off the claim this week.

As I have stated before, the doctors do not have a clue about my condition, only the neurologist and for some reason the doctors will not refer me back to the neurologist, so I gave up a while ago - I need to push them again probably but it's pointless while I'm moving. I am also under the endocrine clinic for my pituitary tumour and all they do now is phone me up and ask me if anything has changed. I used to visit the hospital each year and I tell them every year that everything is just the same and ask them if there is anything you can do about these symptoms, they are ruining my life? All they say is come back next year. That's been 5 years like that and it is so bloomin; frustrating.

It was my wife's idea that I didn't push any harder as she could see that I wasn't getting any joy, "Don't bother", said, "you won't get anywhere with it". I remember that conversation like it was yesterday. I told her then that I wanted to bring an income in and if could get back to work that wold be then best thing for us. It was about that time when I kept getting cluster vertigo attacks that would have me out for a few months - it was really awful.

Unless I can explain everything to somebody in person, or they have the same condition, or they see the result of a vertigo attack, then everybody just sees that I choose not to work. I don't. All of my senses, thinking, sight and hearing is affected and effects how I feel. This is an awful condition. People on the "Vestibular Migraine Professional" facebook group would agree with me - it's dibilitating and doctors really dont' seem to know how to handle things, there seems no answers.

Sorry for the rant, it's just frustrating. What you say is true though in practice, it just isn't fair as I really can't work a traditional type of job or be expected to keep working hours. Each day is different, each day it changes. My head was awful yesterday and it was very difficult to get through the day.

:)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I haven't claimed disability before as my wife told me that she looked into it and that I couldn't claim it. She told me this over 5 years ago. I found out when she left that she was wrong and then she told me that she hadn't really looked into it after all - it's maddening.
@Smilieman, you know how this looks right? I'm just saying..

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #351 ·
@Smilieman, you know how this looks right? I'm just saying..
I was really badly ill that year. I was trying the drugs that the neuorologist suggested and it was as much as I could do to keep upright. Why is it wrong to trust? I believed what she said, why wouldn't I? I have put my trust in my wife and I had no cause to doubt what she was saying, what is wrong with that?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was really badly ill that year. I was trying the drugs that the neuorologist suggested and it was as much as I could do to keep upright. Why is it wrong to trust? I believed what she said, why wouldn't I? I have put my trust in my wife and I had no cause to doubt what she was saying, what is wrong with that?
My friend there is nothing wrong with that, you were very ill and you trusted your wife, the only thing wrong here is that good people like you get screwed by their wives, and the law even helps them and protects them against the victim (always the man)!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #353 · (Edited)
My friend there is nothing wrong with that, you were very ill and you trusted your wife, the only thing wrong here is that good people like you get screwed by their wives, and the law even helps them and protects them against the victim (always the man)!
It's all so wrong. But lesson learned - won't do that again. no more joint accounts, no more trusting anybody else with administering my bank accounts or savings. I'll have mine and the can have theirs - I just hope I'll have some money at some stage, the money she has taken was the most money I had ever had and now I can't even pay for my dental work. It's soul destroying.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
the first thing posters would tell her is to go after the money .
I don't I've seen someone say TAKE ALL THE MONEY. I have seen where you should separate accounts and take HALF.
Doing anything other than that usually gets your butt in a sling with the court.

·
Premium Member
5,999 Posts
So will taking his dental settlement money. That money was SPECIFICALLY for the fact that he'll need XYZ dental work done, and it was paid by the folks who did the damage to HIM...not to "his wife to move from account to account until she eventually gets it all." It was to be put aside to pay for the dental work he needs!!! UGH!
It's so frustrating!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #356 · (Edited)
It was to be put aside to pay for the dental work he needs!!! UGH!
It's so frustrating!!
Yes it is, as I don't know how I can now keep up with my quarterly hygienist visits or dental checkups, so I will probably need to cancel them or address the frequency, which means that I run the severe risk of my gum disease getting worse. It already makes it worse when you are under stress.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #357 ·
Just found out this morning that the direct debit for my car insurance has been cancelled. This is despite my lawyer requesting online account access information from my stbxw. She hasn't responded but is continuing to cancel services - the phone/internet will be next I'm sure. I have managed to gain access to my car insurance online (guessed & reset password). My lawyer is due to send another letter over to hers today, requesting this information.

The divorce petition has now been issued by the Court. She has 7 days to respond.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Just keep your lawyer on her (which you are) -- what she is doing is just crap. NO holds barred now from you -- do what you need to get your rightful $$$ (including alimony/support from HER since she makes all the money).

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #359 ·
All this has been by design. When I was at my worst she grabbed control of everything, post, bank accounts, utility accounts, online purchasing accounts. Absolutely everthing went through her and I was OK with that, as she said that she doesn't mind. We held extensive conversations about it initially and I always asked each month how the expenses were so that I was aware. Of course I only know what she told me. Seeing as I had no money coming in why would I need to have access to bills, etc? It makes clear sense now though how she can then manipulate by using these things. I'm just expecting everything to not be paid now, as she's shown her hand and she's not going to communicate, so what's the point in worrying? I'll be without internet for a couple of weeks and it will put me back, but I shall use that time to sort out the stuff in the house that I won't be taking with me when I move and tidy the gardens. Nothing more I can do.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
So you are NOT at fault here for trusting your wife with the finances, esp. since YOU weren't in any sort of place to deal with it. That's what spouses do -- they trust each other, they help each other, they support each other when there are long term illness issues, etc.. YOUR spouse just helped HERSELF to all this $$ and in my opinion is purposely TRYING to make sure you don't have any resources to fight her. I AM glad that you did get this lawyer and that they seem to be on top of things (I REALLY hope you nail her for fraud).

She obviously has been planning this for a LONG time -- I DO think that a forensic accountant may be useful for you in the long run, but need to weigh that against the COST of them vs. what you could recover.

If you are without internet, do you have a smartphone? That way you can keep on top of things here (I hope) and be able to do your research for housing, disability stuff, etc..

341 - 360 of 380 Posts