Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Banned
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have been married for 6 years.She never has told me she has a problem with my uncircumcised penis.Yesterday she asked,"Do you ever think about getting circumcised"?And the discussion went on.It seems she doesn't like my uncircumcised penis.I've done a lot of reading online about this today.A study actually said that circumcision removes 20,000 nerve endings from the penis.And it is widely reported that uncircumcised men have more sensitivity.Im upset and confused.I do not want to get circumcised.My wife actually claimed to have told me this before.Her brother got circumcised years ago,and she claims to have talked to me about getting circumcised when she told me about her brother.That had to have been a one sentence or something of that nature and not a full conversation because I would have remembered it.So do any men have experiences with their wives wanting them to get circumcised?Any women prefer an uncircumcised penis?Why?Have you ever told a man you wanted him to get circumcised?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I wanted my H to get circumcised because his foreskin does not stretch over the head of his penis. Since the tip of his penis never comes out he doesn't feel much during sex and therefore didn't really get into sex. We can not have sex without him using a condom because it hurts him for the foreskin to stretch. He didn't tell me it hurt him for a long time and just avoided sex. Unfortunately both of us were naive to the fact that the foreskin is supposed to stretch over the head so i thought this was normal for uncircumcised guys. We only recently discovered that this is not normal. His foreskin issues made sex really unpleasant for us both which is why i wanted him to get circumcised.

Other than that i find a circumcised man more visually appealing. The thought of giving a bj to a circumcised guy is much less appealing. But i wouldn't ask my H to get circumcised just for that.

·
Banned
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think your wife is way out of line. Asking you to surgically alter your own body with a risky and painful, nonreversable procedure is not OK.

What led to this discussion?
Well we were basically talking about sex and our likes and dislikes.And she just asked have you ever thought about getting circumcised.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Don't do it! Whatever your wife's issue with you will not be resolved by removing your foreskin. Dig deeper.

Did you tell her about your research? about why you would be unwilling? If so, How did she respond.

Is there a chance that there is a second penis that you are being compared to?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Tell her you think her boobs are flat and she should get implants until they are a size KK. Tell her you never liked them before and are only bringing it up since she suddenly has developed the openness in the relationship to point out what you both think is ugly about one another.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I have never been with anyone uncircumcised. Have you asked her if there is a difference between sex with a man who is and isn't? If this is a visual thing, I can't imagine she would have married you. I have heard of some grown men being circumcised and I can't imagine the pain with erections during the healing process.

To answer your question.....If, in the future, I ever have relations with a man who is uncircumcised, I would NEVER request he get a circumcision. I think that is totally uncalled for. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Why does she want this? This is not something to be taken lightly. She does not seem to realize what she is asking.

Having this done in adulthood is potentially traumatic. There is risk of infection, pain, decreased sensitivity compared to what you feel now.

It is usually done when there is a problem with the foreskin like he previous posters husband.

Your wife seems to be asking this on a whim. She does not know why the procedure was done on the BIL.

Get more info from her as to why. Tell her about your research about the procedure. then ask her if is so serious a reason as to make you go through the proceedure.

This will make it seem like you are taking her into consideration in your decision. It is your body though. If you asked her to get her labia trimmed, how woukd she react?

No matter what you talk about, please don't have the proceedure done.

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Tell her you think her boobs are flat and she should get implants until they are a size KK. Tell her you never liked them before and are only bringing it up since she suddenly has developed the openness in the relationship to point out what you both think is ugly about one another.
:rofl::lol:

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Ummm... I would hazard a guess that they already were pretty close to that size, since she had weight loss surgery not long ago. Remember that? Yea, Jack I is THAT guy....

·
Registered
21 Posts
No disrespect, but her asking you to alter a part of your body is just plain crazy, in my eyes.
When you are married, you make a commitment to love your partner and accept them just the way they are. Plain and simple.

I would advise you to not do it if you are not comfortable with the idea. It's your body after all. I'm sure she would not like it if the tables were turned, and you suggested she alter a part of her body.

·
Premium Member
4,945 Posts
Jack, I wouldn't entertain the discussion twice. For that matter I don't think women should get boob jobs or other surgery for anyone except for themselves either. Now if you say you talked into some work then my opinion changes as to what you should be willing to do.

·
Banned
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Don't do it! Whatever your wife's issue with you will not be resolved by removing your foreskin. Dig deeper.

Did you tell her about your research? about why you would be unwilling? If so, How did she respond.

Is there a chance that there is a second penis that you are being compared to?
No,I haven't told her about my research,but I will.No,there is no second penis.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Well apparently it is.She says she never told me for fear of my feelings getting hurt and getting upset.
And now, she has no problem with hurting your feelings because of the "requests" you have made of late? Granted, you (I think?) stopped badgering her about anal, and I would assume you have given up on the idea of going to a prostitute for it, correct? Sorry, Jack, but things like that are difficult to forget, even when one deletes the thread. Anyway, I'm not going to link every. single. one. of your threads dealing with the sexual problems you are having with your wife. I believe the people of TAM are more than capable of wading through them on their own. The one thing I will say about it is SOME believe there is less sensation after being circumcised. You are having issues with premature ejaculation. It may, or may not help with this, but I don't believe that would be reason to get it done. Personally, I love the look of my circumcised husband, and I would never get involved with a man who is not circumcised. Personal preference, everyone has them. If she didn't like the foreskin, she should have spoken up long ago. However, my guess is that she was afraid you would leave her back then, and her self esteem was probably quite low, due to being obese, correct?

You have a LOT of issues between you, all spelled out in your threads. This is just one more in a LONG line of dysfunction.

·
Banned
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And now, she has no problem with hurting your feelings because of the "requests" you have made of late? Granted, you (I think?) stopped badgering her about anal, and I would assume you have given up on the idea of going to a prostitute for it, correct? Sorry, Jack, but things like that are difficult to forget, even when one deletes the thread. Anyway, I'm not going to link every. single. one. of your threads dealing with the sexual problems you are having with your wife. I believe the people of TAM are more than capable of wading through them on their own. The one thing I will say about it is SOME believe there is less sensation after being circumcised. You are having issues with premature ejaculation. It may, or may not help with this, but I don't believe that would be reason to get it done. Personally, I love the look of my circumcised husband, and I would never get involved with a man who is not circumcised. Personal preference, everyone has them. If she didn't like the foreskin, she should have spoken up long ago. However, my guess is that she was afraid you would leave her back then, and her self esteem was probably quite low, due to being obese, correct?

You have a LOT of issues between you, all spelled out in your threads. This is just one more in a LONG line of dysfunction.
I think you may be on to something about the reason she never brought it up before.She had her low self-esteem issues due to her weight yes.Maybe she didn't think any other man would want her or something,and was afraid of me getting upset and leaving,and felt like she had to just deal with my uncircumcised penis.And I'm not sure if this issue is related to the issues raised in my previous threads.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.