Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone.

Recently, my 30 yo wife (I am 35), started wearing much sexier outfits sometimes when we go out just the two of us or with two particular (male) friends of ours.

I am talking about tight, opaque leggings, very short, tight dresses (she has a fit body), very high heels, and now in the summer, tiny thong bikinis, sometimes even going topless.

Talking to her about it in a nice way, she said that I exaggerate a little, and it is totally normal, that the fashion is changing and she wants to follow. However, I really do not know if wearing high heels and a dress that friends and strangers can clearly see your (transparent) underwear the whole time while we are sitting at the bar is part of the fashion. Or if the extremely ripped denim shorts and fishnet top (no bra) is some kind of trend. Or if the topless with a tiny thong bikini in front of guys we barely know is something normal.

I have to note that we have a good sex life, no cheating or messing around from any side and there is good communication. This is why I am so confused and I would like to hear some opinions, if I should worry or not.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
If she has never worn revealing clothing before, then something is up. Some women have never worn a top to the beach or anything else, really depends on where you live.

If she started wearing these new clothes around the two male friends, I would consider this a red flag.

Is she dressing like this when she is around others friends?

Does she dress like this when she goes out by herself?

Is she dressing like this when it is just the two of you?

She is dressing like a hot/**** wife for someone and it doesn’t sound like it is you. Her reason she gave is bullcrap. Fashion can be sexy and still not reveal her entire body.

How long have you know the two male friends?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I suspect something is up could be as small as a crush on a man she wants to impress.

Most likely it's secret communication with someone.

However you may see a progression over time so be alert. Possibly for now mouth shut eyes open, you don't want whatever might be going on to go further underground.

An increase or decrease or new activity in you sex life can also be a red flag.

What do you know about these two male friends are they yours or hers.

·
Registered
327 Posts
could it just be that she is either feeling really good about herself right now, or even just that she is trying to hold on to her youth? I know when my wife is feeling especially good about herself, she seems to start wearing more "sexy" outfits when we go out.

Are you sure it is related to these two other men, or could it just happen to be those guys have been around recently? Have you gone out recently with other people and she did not dress this way?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Trust your guts. If they are telling you that something's wrong then most likely yes, something is wrong. It could be nothing and all very innocent, but trust your guts. For now mouth shut and eyes wide open. these days a good indication that something is going on is the phone.

·
Registered
7,772 Posts
If she has never worn revealing clothing before, then something is up. Some women have never worn a top to the beach or anything else, really depends on where you live.

If she started wearing these new clothes around the two male friends, I would consider this a red flag.

She is dressing like a hot/**** wife for someone and it doesn’t sound like it is you. Her reason she gave is bullcrap. Fashion can be sexy and still not reveal her entire body.

How low have you know the two male friends?
Freudian slip? 😎

·
Premium Member
14,678 Posts
Maybe she has some exhibitionist fantasies, find a place where you can be nude without getting arrested and let it all hang. Get it out of her system.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
...a dress that friends and strangers can clearly see your (transparent) underwear... extremely ripped denim shorts and fishnet top (no bra)... topless with a tiny thong bikini in front of guys we barely know...
Seriously, how do you even let her leave the house? I'm not one to tell my wife what to wear but she sure as **** wouldn't be leaving the house wearing any of the above. That isn't trendy, it's trashy. Very, very trashy.

Fashion trends that you put up with are the fugly mustard-colored sweaters in the fall, not letting it all hang out for everyone to see and dressing like a hooker.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
No, that's not acceptable clothes to be wearing out anywhere. Leggings, if you don't have something long over them covering your butt, show every crack and crevice from behind. Wearing a fishnet top over a bra or nothing is just trashy and exhibitionistic. I don't know what you can do about it except stop going out with her, honestly. I mean, if she were on the beach wearing a bikini and had a net top over it, that would be the only place it's not just trashy and exhibitionistic. I can't believe someone hasn't kicked her out.

I'm afraid my approach to it would be, Look, I can't tell you how to dress, but I can tell you as long as you're dressing like that, I'm not going anywhere with you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

How long have you know the two male friends?
No her outfits were never so revealing and she was not going topless on the beach, let alone the crowded ones.

To be honest she avoids wearing these clothes when there are other women with us, and since these two friends (they are friends of both of us) are tho only single ones, it is what I have noticed. I can recall wearing clothes like these in front of other friends too, but when wives/gfs were not with us.

Also, yes, she dresses like this when we go out just the two of us, and sometimes when she goes alone.

So, if it is not me but also not when someone else in particular is around, could it be for men in general?

We know these guys for about 2 years, but not having too close friendship.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I suspect something is up could be as small as a crush on a man she wants to impress.

Most likely it's secret communication with someone.

However you may see a progression over time so be alert. Possibly for now mouth shut eyes open, you don't want whatever might be going on to go further underground.

An increase or decrease or new activity in you sex life can also be a red flag.

What do you know about these two male friends are they yours or hers.
So you are pretty sure that there is someone else? Because we spend a lot of time together and we have good sex life and communication. For now there is no change in these two sectors but I will keep my eyes open and observe as you propose.

They are friends of both of us.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
aside from her attire or lack there of, how is her behavior, is it casual or overly flirtatious.
also you interestedly note that she does not dress like that around other women which makes me thing that she does so to gain attention from men in general and your two friends. i would point that observation to her and ask her why she is willing to wear certain outfits when alone or in the company of men but not with other women.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
could it just be that she is either feeling really good about herself right now, or even just that she is trying to hold on to her youth? I know when my wife is feeling especially good about herself, she seems to start wearing more "sexy" outfits when we go out.

Are you sure it is related to these two other men, or could it just happen to be those guys have been around recently? Have you gone out recently with other people and she did not dress this way?
Of course this could be a possibility, but with these outfits it seems like she feels "really good" about herself. But hey, it is her right, if it is just that and nothing else.
To be honest, i noticed that she do not wear outfits like this when we are with other women, and since these two guys happen to be our only single friends, maybe thats why. I can recall sometimes when she was dressed like that in front of other friends too, but when wives/gfs were not around.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Your wife is clearly seeking attention and validation from men. Whether that's just glances, flirting, or more. Why? This isn't about being "trendy". Trends don't just disappear when other women are around.

1 - 20 of 183 Posts