Talk About Marriage banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
How can approach this?
She's immature and needs to grow up. If she would spend her social media time studying Dave Ramsey's money techniques, she could turn things around. There are several Facebook groups (one on Baby Steps) that have discussions about money. Get her to join the groups and read. Actually, have her post your situation there and ask them what she should do. (Then stand back.)

In the end, there's probably nothing you can do. It's worth trying, but don't spend the rest of your life doing it. Don't have kids with her.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
How can approach this?
The simple answer is, approach it like a man. Once upon a time she agreed to marry you. Usually that involves a serious commitment to making a marriage work. It sounds like she has lost that commitment and is looking at her friends who have richer boyfriends. It also sounds like she wants to work less to make the life she wants.

Covid-19 has destroyed many jobs, many career paths, and changed the way people view work. She may be one of the many casualties of this pandemic.

As her husband, it is your job to be honest and supporting with her. You should talk to her. Ask her about her dreams. Ask her if complaining about money is going to help her situation or if she needs to roll up her sleeves and pitch in to help earn the money she feels she needs to live the life she wants.

Good luck. I think she is probably regretting her decision to marry you. But that is a problem she needs to address. You need to live your life and help support her, but not do things that are impossible just because her friends are leading a life she wants to live.

·
Premium Member
9,431 Posts
My guess is she thought you would pick up the slack for her and if she’s faced with finding a real job she might find it easier to instead find her next support person. Tell her your expectations and see what her response is. I doubt it’s going to correct the problem but maybe you can move on once you realize you can’t fix her.

·
Registered
724 Posts
No one is gonna fix her. She’d have to do that.
Yes absolutely, it sounds like you’re doing your best and her problems have nothing to do with you. I also agree with a poster that she’s a high risk for cheating. Her friends are really questionable, and that is a bit of a hint as to who she really is.

We had a friend from our early teens who got married young, and then suddenly started texting guys online and meeting mums who were so different to who we were, it’s terrible to say it they were basic white trash. Eventually many of us cut contact with her. It’s who she was really, we just weren’t her people and she needed to mix with a crowd that made her feel good about her cheating and trashy ways.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You aren't going to change her. I strongly advise divorce. If you wait too long, you could actually end up paying her spousal support. You are choosing to stay married to a woman who lounges around and barely works. In a divorce, you'll pay for that choice.

If she wants more money she can get her lazy ass to working a full time job.
This x 1000! Get out while you can. She will not change. You are a placeholder until some fool with money comes along. And her friends are disgusting. And as long as they are around, her attitude will only get worse.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
You married a parasite. Sorry, but she wants you to morph into a money making machine for her lazy ass needs. She ain't no princess! She ain't no wife either.

You were cheated on the marriage contract. That contract needs to be dissolved.

While your are divorcing, tune up that picker of yours. That will indeed be money well spent.

Hopium is a great word that describes your situation. You are living a really bad fantasy with a false princess that thinks you should be her King Midas!

That **** ain't real, please walk away ASAP.

Reactions: Marc878

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
I dated a woman that was A nail tech. She made more money than I did. And basically it’s cash. She was also fabulously attractive.
If your wife wanted money, she could easily earn it, and have fun gossiping with other ladies while doing it. She’s exceptionally lazy and entitled.
Your wife sounds like a Nightmare.
The longer you’re in this, the harder it will be to extricate yourself.
For you to stAy in this relationship is crazy. If you have kids with her you might as well just hang it up. This is no way for anyone to live.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts