Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Zero, notta, nilch.
I guess she don't give a hoot. Just as I suspected.
2 young kids even...geesh.
How long has it been? I was at it over a year before the ex even tried to come around (although had I to do it over I would not have waited that long).

She might not care about you enough to change. She might think the relationship is worthwhile to her only if you fawn over her, and she resents being deprioritized. Or she's engaging in a power play. Or she's really obtuse (although that's unlikely).

Who cares which it is? IMO, if you're doing the 180 correctly you are creating a better life for yourself than what you had. You need to get to a place where that is enough and the rest is a bonus (i.e. disconnect the emotional hose from your wife), because that's all you can control.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How long has it been? I was at it over a year before the ex even tried to come around (although had I to do it over I would not have waited that long).

She might not care about you enough to change. She might think the relationship is worthwhile to her only if you fawn over her, and she resents being deprioritized. Or she's engaging in a power play. Or she's really obtuse (although that's unlikely).

Who cares which it is? IMO, if you're doing the 180 correctly you are creating a better life for yourself than what you had. You need to get to a place where that is enough and the rest is a bonus (i.e. disconnect the emotional hose from your wife), because that's all you can control.
Thanks DTO. You covered everything I posted for.
I've almost let go of all emotional ties and will will soon be able to admit I'm all in for me, just me.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
The 180 is about self improvement, taking the steps needed to cope/move on in regards to a failing/ending relationship or both. It's not about getting a spouse to respond. Sometimes that is a positive side effect and you have a lot of people who start the 180 with that goal in mind but that's not it's purpose.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.