Talk About Marriage banner
761 - 775 of 775 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #761 ·
I wouldn't ever say no way, given the present assault she is perpetrating upon you.
I haven't followed your thread for awhile; however, sounds like she is now approaching the Asylumtown city limits.
You should try to limit any contact with her to e mail and text, whenever possible.
Good to hear that you are utilizing technology (in a redundant manner) when you need to be around her.
Be careful. Sounds like she could be becoming more unraveled over time.
Utilize your attorney for communication whenever possible.
I'm doing everything I can to keep my distance and record as much as possible when around her. Everything is in text for contact. I insisted we meet at the police station even though she said it was unnecessary. she always brings her mom who always has something smart to say.

I just keep my mouth shut and leave.

Given CPS involment and the order of protection I'm not taking any chances.

Really wish court was this week though.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #762 ·
Kids came home yesterday and at bedtime my 9 year was upset saying his hand hurt. He said something happened to it as his mom's. I asked if he needed I've he said no. Today he complained about it again. I took a look and he has a small bruise at the joint of his thumb.

I asked him what happened and he seemed hesitant to share, there was a bit of a... let's call it a kerfuffle at his moms and I have 2 versions. Both versions involve his mom throwing a hotwheels car at him which hit his hand and caused the bruise.

Not a major injury, nothing broken but WTF?!

But I'm the monster.

·
Registered
8,274 Posts
Let's cut through the BS..... take him to the police station, have them question him on what

happened and let THEM pic it. Plain clothed officer of course. She is planning something, I've

said that awhile. She is predictable as boiling water. Her ways are erratic but observe her past

behavior. It's the best predictor for future behavior. She is using the kids as leverage.

Shows her hand right there. Nothing new.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #768 ·
Let's cut through the BS..... take him to the police station, have them question him on what

happened and let THEM pic it. Plain clothed officer of course. She is planning something, I've

said that awhile. She is predictable as boiling water. Her ways are erratic but observe her past

behavior. It's the best predictor for future behavior. She is using the kids as leverage.

Shows her hand right there. Nothing new.
I didn't think of that, that would def being playing fire with fire. Only downside is it puts the kids in the middle even more.
The bruise is all 90% gone at this point but I do have some pics and I did record both boys giving me their side of the story. The one who has the bruise left out the part about how he three something at her of course.

I did ask her if she knew what happened to his hand and she played dumb.

I did email my lawyer shall see how that goes. No word yet on court. Where I am with the uptick I'm covid cases I'm sure things are gonna slow down again and there's talks about schools going remote again. They are having staffing issues, Delays for transportation issues it's a bit of a mess.

I was already planning on fighting to have the kids in my district next year but just found out not only will it be 3 different schools for us the oldest has to be in an hour earlier then everyone else. I'm about 15 min away from their schools and it just seems unnecessary to go through all that back and forth in the morning and afternoon. 2 different drop off and pick up times when I can have a bus pick them up on front of my house or at the very worst at the end of my street.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #769 ·
Well I got an email from my lawyer... Subject line "Oh Boy" her message stated "well this is not helpful"

My exes lawyer filed something with court stating he is owed $4,892.50. Bunch of lawyer talk but what sparked my interest is it says

"An order of show cause is requested, because CPLR 321 requires such an order for the commencement of this motion. Furthermore movant requests interim relief in the form of a stay of further proceedings during the of this motion, the plaintiff is not in a position to defend this action during this interim period"

Does that mean he's trying to pause the divorce proceedings? waiting for my lawyer to respond i might just call her.

My ex has paid him 5k so far and owes him 5K... I'm maybe $5600 in with mine.

·
Premium Member
6,194 Posts
In layman's terms, I think ex's lawyer is asking for the divorce hearing to be put on hold temporarily until this motion is addressed. S/he's making a motion with the court to be paid before s/he proceeds. The divorce hearing is put on hold, because essentially the lawyer is saying "I'm not doing any more until I'm paid, and thus (ex) wouldn't have a lawyer to defend her position.

So essentially, the Show Cause Order and Motion will be settled first...then the divorce proceedings can continue. While the Show Cause and Motion are proceeding, the divorce will be on hold. Your exW owed money and the lawyer is trying to get the court to order her to pay it. It's gonna delay things.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #771 ·
In layman's terms, I think ex's lawyer is asking for the divorce hearing to be put on hold temporarily until this motion is addressed. S/he's making a motion with the court to be paid before s/he proceeds. The divorce hearing is put on hold, because essentially the lawyer is saying "I'm not doing any more until I'm paid, and thus (ex) wouldn't have a lawyer to defend her position.

So essentially, the Show Cause Order and Motion will be settled first...then the divorce proceedings can continue. While the Show Cause and Motion are proceeding, the divorce will be on hold. Your exW owed money and the lawyer is trying to get the court to order her to pay it. It's gonna delay things.
Thats how I viewed it but I just spoke to my lawyer and she said he's asking the court to be able to drop her. She's not listening to him and not paying and he doesn't wanna deal with it anymore. Of course its still gonna delay things again while my children mental health and mine suffers.

FML

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #773 ·
Well she's a battleaxe of a woman, doesn't listen to the lawyer, stirs up trouble everywhere, and doesn't even pay her bill!! Of course the lawyer wants to drop her! UGH :rolleyes: What a piece of work.

The wheels of justrice grind slowly.
I don't even know how to respond to this crap TBH. I did ask my lawyer about the emergency petition she had mentioned. She said if needed we can do it. I think its needed! but I know the exes lawyer doing what he's doing complicates things.

The kids are stressed and I can see it, I'm stressed and they can see it and not just about this and even my ex is stressed its obvious and she's having some serious medical issues from what I gather with the little bit of info I have. And shes still trying to remain in control wherever she can smh

·
Registered
8,274 Posts
Her focus lies where? Push forward for whatever.... she is stalling......trying.....trying to find a

loophole that isn't there. Tighten the grips..... because she means war

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #775 ·
I asked my lawyer about it. She said it's expensive because she has to write an affidavit. She said I can help her by sending her a narrative of what yhe kids are going through. I told her same as Herr I think they are stressed and it could be causing some of their issues. Idk if it is but it could be linked.
I'm trying to figure out how to write this and what info is Important and what isn't.

I think the newest lawyer development adds to it as well because it will delay this more and make it so the kids have to endure this ridiculous schedule longer.

761 - 775 of 775 Posts