Talk About Marriage banner

501 - 520 of 549 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #501 ·
So. If anyone remembers around thanksgiving my ex mother in law had a coworker test positive for covid. She went and got tested monday the week of thanksgiving.

My ex and her mother still decided to bring the kids around her that week. Friday she tested positive. I ended up having to quarantine for 2 weeks with them because of it, que covid scare #1.

Flash forward to yesterday. Kids got dropped off at 7am as usual, oldest complained his back hurt and within 30 mins his head hurt. He explained he slipped down the stairs at his moms apartment coming from the loft part. The place is a prison and made of concrete covered with carpet so it hurt I'm sure. We dropped his sister off at school since she started full days last week.

We got back and he started up again real bad, he was burning up. called dr made appt. Test came back positive today for covid. His brother and sister burning up by the nights end.

So turns out my exes new baby daddy lives with one or both of his daughters one of which has a baby who came in contact with someone with covid. According to what I have been told his test was negative, Baby daddy and my ex did not get tested. Again as like thanksgiving time she did not inform me of this.

That was 2/26 for the negative test for the kid near new baby daddy. Saturday 03/06 my ex started getting cold symptoms did not say anything to me and took the kids anyway, did not get tested assumed it was just a cold. She was wrong.

I am pissed that again she kept me out of the loop and put my kids and myself at risk at least in my eyes, and now covid is in my house because of it.

Even better yesterday when I told her about the fever I said I was gonna take him to the dr and she said just give him motrin and send him to school, when he's there if they wanna get him tested then take him. I did not listen to her and got him tested anyway. My daughters class as been told to quarantine now and the kids on her afternoon bus along with what I assume the kids in their classes, bus driver teachers....

She kept insisting it was just a cold. was very rude about it until the positive result came back. Now she's super nice, even dropped off extra Motrin gatorade etc.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Just ignore her -- you KNOW she's not a responsible person and honestly never will be. She's so caught up in HER that she really doesn't seem to be a good mother AT ALL.
Don't bother with her -- do the 180 with her.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #503 ·
Just ignore her -- you KNOW she's not a responsible person and honestly never will be. She's so caught up in HER that she really doesn't seem to be a good mother AT ALL.
Don't bother with her -- do the 180 with her.
I'm just pissed she put us all at risk even her new baby when she should have just gotten a test and told me she had a cold. All because she cant give up "her time" with them.

Almost considered telling my lawyer just to get it out there and she sees how irresponsible she is. Fuel on the fire for sure.

Side note lawyer sent me rough draft of an agreement. Things are moving on my end.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I would def tell the lawyer -- the problem is you probably do NOT have her recorded (voice or email/text) SAYING just take the kid to school, etc.. Not sure they could do much with all this, but it doesn't hurt to inform them.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #505 ·
I would def tell the lawyer -- the problem is you probably do NOT have her recorded (voice or email/text) SAYING just take the kid to school, etc.. Not sure they could do much with all this, but it doesn't hurt to inform them.
Yeah its more of a look at this s*** type of deal. No exact words like that but there is this.

Lots of her saying its just a cold etc.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
So why haven’t you had sex for a year? What’s her excuse?
That’s unacceptable in any healthy marriage!

Stop rug sweeping ALL your issues. Start talking about them. Either work out the issues or divorce her. There is SO many unhealthy aspects to your marriage you seriously need counseling help every week for a few years.

Are you both willing to make that commitment to counseling?

Do you work/earn money every month?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Guess I was hopeful she would have learned her lesson from the first time. But as usual she's in control and needed to do her thing.

She didn’t learn anything because there was no consequence - heck - you didn’t even discuss the issue!

You basically rewarded her bad behavior! That means she will cheat again and expect another round of easy forgiveness.
Stop being her doormat.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #510 ·
So why haven’t you had sex for a year? What’s her excuse?
That’s unacceptable in any healthy marriage!

Stop rug sweeping ALL your issues. Start talking about them. Either work out the issues or divorce her. There is SO many unhealthy aspects to your marriage you seriously need counseling help every week for a few years.

Are you both willing to make that commitment to counseling?

Do you work/earn money every month?
Um I feel like you have read the beginning of this post which started in Oct of 2019 I believe. So much since then.
Divorce was filed by her, she got pregnant by a coworker Dec 2019, divorce dragged on due to covid and her lawyer being useless. Mine currently is trying to move it along.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #513 ·
Well Covid has all but passed for my ex and kids. Some lingering lack of taste effects for my ex. Me on the other hand started with fever on the 12th and here I am on the 23rd with barely any taste and smell which is a small improvement but I have a constant cough and chest tightness/shortness of breath. That will make it day 9 or 10 of these symptoms. Yay me.

Told my ex that If I die because of her giving me covid I will haunt her for the rest of her life.. At least i haven't lost my sense of humor.. and just like with the last covid issue started by her she has been super nice besides when i asked about the stimulus. She filed taxes separately so she didn't get mine but I asked if she would split the kids portion and she said "Idk".

Heres to hoping I can breath normally again soon or at the very least it doesn't get worse and maybe just maybe I can taste something besides cardboard in my mouth again in the near future.

I did inform my lawyer of the events and how it started. She said she will document it with my exes lawyer and that it was completely irresponsible on her part.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #514 ·
Small update. She won't split the kids part of stimulus surprise surprise and she didn't get mine.

Her lawyer wants a deposition so that's setup, my lawyer doesn't know why he's bothering but has some ideas of why.

Kids lawyer wants to meet with them again, my lawyer says she's completely on my side.

My lawyer has drafted an agreement that I have seen and she's putting the finishing touches on to send over, My ex wont agree but it will get things moving hopefully.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #515 ·
Well for anyone who takes a peak at this, My agreement has been sent. No support but shes pays 100% off medical premiums and clothes. Money towards me and if she doesn't pay within a year its a judgement. Custody 3 days her rest me pretty much and that's the kids lawyer saying that not me or my lawyer.

My ex and her mother were talking to the kids about different types of schedules since they are complaining they don't like the current one. I dont feel they should have done that but its done now.

I asked her about it and she confirmed it which started another conversation... Monday and tuesday instead of dropping them off in the mornings she will keep them for the day.. That raised some questions for me then Wed got added in and I didn't get much more but I think shes having an issue with her job. Either medical or something else and I think she may be done.

Its concerning to me for many reasons, will she try fight me now and try to get support?, If shes done working she will have to move of course. I doubt she can go back to her parents it was tight with just the 4 of them now there's 5th plus 3 other adults. The house is 1100sqft.
If she moves out of district I doubt we can get away with using the parents address anymore for school they were suspicious before and someone I know told me about his friend who lived out of district in this school district and they hired a PI to follow him. He was using his elderly parents address.

Although my school district isn't the best id prefer them to go to mine then one thats shes just renting in if she moves out of the one they are in which is the better one in the area.. for high school anyone all the elementary schools are rated low.

·
Registered
8,125 Posts
So everything is done? If so.... how do you feel about how it played out?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #517 ·
So everything is done? If so.... how do you feel about how it played out?
Oh sorry for the confusion not done yet! That's just what was in my agreement. My lawyer says this is what it should be and if the tables were turned this is what he would be sending of not more.

No response yet from her or her lawyer, I doubt she even got it yet.

I'm just concerned about the her not working now, I don't have all the details but so far 3 days she will not be working anymore.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #518 ·
UPDATE!

So she finally responded to the agreement sent over by my lawyer.

Changes. She added in she wants her wedding ring back. (she did agree to sell and split with me at one point)

Part of the money that was to be given to me it was put that she has 15 days to pay, 1 year for another. For the one that had 15 days she changed it to 180 days. I have a feeling she will just try file for chapter 13 and get it taken away so she doesn't have to pay.

She changed the tax return around on how the kids get claimed

Most importantly she wants the kids schedule to stay the same which means she will still get them on her floating days off which route every week Mon-sat plus sat through Tuesday would be the normal days. I thought no changes to that could be made because the kids lawyer.

Called my lawyer she has court but gonna try calm after. Feel free to give any thoughts on it. Thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #519 ·
I think in terms of the ring Im gonna ask that I can just sell it and put whatever I get towards what owes me.

Custody I thought couldn't be changed, not sure if her lawyer told her that was what the kids lawyer came up with.
These kids are suffering and crying to me how much they hate it. Constantly asking me to stay here and not wanting to go back and forth. it hurts me to watch them suffer over it.

Not to mention them crying in my arms telling me how mommy is mean to them etc etc.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Changes. She added in she wants her wedding ring back. (she did agree to sell and split with me at one point)
In most states, the majority view is that the wedding ring is a gift. You are not entitled to get it back. If she chooses to gift or share it with you, that's her decision, not yours. (Disregard if your state is different.)

501 - 520 of 549 Posts