Talk About Marriage banner

Is it a happy love story ending for Hee and Micah?

• no, Hee and Shin should remain married

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the friendship and bond between Hee and Micah is beautiful

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Once upon a time there lived a young couple Shin and Hee. They were college sweethearts and got married a few years after graduation. Like most couples, they had had their ups and downs, but were happy in general. They moved from state to state to enhance their jobs and careers. One day they ended up working for the same company.
Like most young couples, Shin and Hee enjoyed doing things together. They had many common friends and one of them was Micah.
One day Micah divorced. Hee felt sorry for him. She asked Shin if Micah could hang around with them to ease the pain and loneliness of the divorce. Shin agreed. Micah often came over for dinner and spent weekends at their apartment. Not only they saw each other at work, they went hiking, traveled, attended concerts, and did many things together. One Christmas, the couple flew to visit their parents and even brought Micah along.
This went on for about a year until Shin found a new job. Shin was consumed with the new job as it demanded a lot of attention. As a result he couldn't participate many of the social activities with Hee and Micah. As this went on, Hee and Micah became nearly inseparable. Some people at work often mistook that they were lovers. Whenever they were not physically together, they would be on the phone quietly whispering. They often went out to dinner, then movies, and attend parties without Shin. This went on for about a year then Hee asked Shin if she could have even more freedom to do thing with Micah... she wanted to travel and explore the world with Micah. In response to his wife's request, Shin quietly moved out so Hee could pursue her new interest, though they were technically still husband and wife.
A few months later, Hee lost her job. She found a new one but in a different state and had to move there.
Shin eventually found a new girl friend and filed for a divorce. Hee wanted to come back to Shin; she said she didn't love Micah and he was only a friend and it was Shin whom she loved. But Shin was determined to sever the tie. Hee was going through what Micah was a couple years prior. Micah found a new job with the same company that Hee was working for and moved there. They became co-workers again lived in the same city and state while the divorce was being finalized. According to Hee, Micah was trying to console her the same way she did him.
A few months later, the divorce was finalized. Hee got sick and was unable to work. Micah was always there consoling her. After a couple years, Micah proposed to Hee and wanted to marry her to assist her through sickness and distress, and support her financially. Hee reluctantly agreed because she knew Shin would never come back but she still loved him. Micah said "I know you still love Shin but I love you nevertheless." Hee found consolation and comfort in his words and companionship.
Shin married his new girlfriend and moved on.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
How does Shin know all the stuff that's going down between Hee and Micah in private? Did he plant cameras in their house or something?

It's nice to think that everyone who left us misses us and regrets it, but unfortunately that's not always the case.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
How does Shin know all the stuff that's going down between Hee and Micah in private? Did he plant cameras in their house or something?

It's nice to think that everyone who left us misses us and regrets it, but unfortunately that's not always the case.
Shin didn't know all the stuff that's going down between Hee and Micah in private. Hee did admit that she still loved him and had no feelings for Micah. She asked Shin to come back many times over the years.

·
Registered
864 Posts
how about childhood sweethearts are not meant to be together for life

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You really messed up when you allowed her to date your buddy. That is obvious to anyone.
Shin believed in free will. One cannot stop a cheating heart. It will do what it wanted to do with or without permission. How many cheating spouses do you know that had explicit permission to have an affair?

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
I agree, and it would have likely wound up with someone else. But it’s crazy to basically enable one’s wife to have an affair. Playing dumb and pretending it’s ok to have a close male friend like that, just not wise.
I’m sure someone will call that “controlling”....
If call it common sense.
Shin allowed his wife to cultivate another extremely close relationship with an opp sex person and encouraged it. He screwed up, all I can say.

·
Super Moderator
9,981 Posts
I agree, and it would have likely wound up with someone else. But it’s crazy to basically enable one’s wife to have an affair. Playing dumb and pretending it’s ok to have a close male friend like that, just not wise.
I’m sure someone will call that “controlling”....
If call it common sense.
Shin allowed his wife to cultivate another extremely close relationship with an opp sex person and encouraged it. He screwed up, all I can say.
I would feel like my guy didn't care that much about me if he was ok me having a close male friend and poor boundaries.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Shin seems to revel in the misery of hee and perversely pleased with the fact that hee is unhappy with her choice and Micah is being used. Shin should move on and stop with the bitterness and revelling in another’s unhappiness. Shin should concentrate on himself and new relationship.
Shin is bitter but who wouldn't if they were in his shoes. Revel in Hee's misery? not so much. However, he never thought Micah was being used. Not sure who's using who here. Hee chose her path and had to suffer the same pain that she had inflicted on Shin.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts