Talk About Marriage banner

If your spouse(tells you they're not happy and) wants out do you try to talk them out of it?

• No, I will help them leave.

Votes: 29 85.3%
  • Yes, I would show them what we had and have.

Votes: 5 14.7%
121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
When women say they are done, they are done. Don't bother trying to woo her back, she doesn't care.

And why would you keep a joint account if you are separating? The only reason this could benefit you is if she is the breadwinner. I'm guessing she is not since she thinks its a good idea to keep it. Cut the cord dude.

Stay away from LTRs right now. You want to date which is understandable but don't do it trying to look for the "one". Its typical when you are hurt to want to find some one to nurse you back like a fairy tale. **** like that only happens in movies. No commitments, keep it casual and focus on happiness. Before you do any dating though, get a gym membership and read Rational Male, so you don't find yourself back here in a year or two.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
When women say they are done, they are done. Don't bother trying to woo her back, she doesn't care.

And why would you keep a joint account if you are separating? The only reason this could benefit you is if she is the breadwinner. I'm guessing she is not since she thinks its a good idea to keep it. Cut the cord dude.

Stay away from LTRs right now. You want to date which is understandable but don't do it trying to look for the "one". Its typical when you are hurt to want to find some one to nurse you back like a fairy tale. **** like that only happens in movies. No commitments, keep it casual and focus on happiness. Before you do any dating though, get a gym membership and read Rational Male, so you don't find yourself back here in a year or two.
Thank you. I'm thinking of martial arts.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
"Unless you're a striker,"...what exactly do you mean?
A striker is a person who can deliver a punch that can win a fight. Strikers are born and not trained.
You can train somebody to strike, but if they aren't gifted at throwing a punch their punches will have no effect.
Training brings out a striking talent, if somebody has that talent.
For non-strikers, a defensive martial is probably more appropriate.
That is not to say that you can't learn something from boxing or MMA.

·
Premium Member
17,546 Posts
"Unless you're a striker,"...what exactly do you mean?
It means you should stick to defense, not offense.

Go mixed martial arts, good programs touch on all of them, offensive/defense.

·
Premium Member
17,546 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
It means you should stick to defense, not offense.

Go mixed martial arts, good programs touch on all of them, offensive/defense.
Specificially, I mean that if you're not a striker, you are better learning how to protect yourself from strikers. Boxing still has value for learning timing and all that, but non-strikers don't get much better with training if they don't have the talent for it.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
So you're assuming I'm not a "striker?"
Have you been known to deliver punches that can stagger people?
I'm not intending to be offensive, I mean that specifically. I've talk to nationally recognized boxing coaches and that's what every one of them tells me.
You can't train to be a knockout puncher, if you were not born to be one.
I just want you to use your time effectively, that's all.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Have you been known to deliver punches that can stagger people?
I'm not intending to be offensive, I mean that specifically. I've talk to nationally recognized boxing coaches and that's what every one of them tells me.
You can't train to be a knockout puncher, if you were not born to be one.
I just want you to use your time effectively, that's all.
I don't need to learn how to defend myself. I just like the art of it.

·
Premium Member
17,546 Posts
So I should strike my wife and son?
Strike yourself for merely thinking, and stating this.

Who art Thou, that Ye can ask such a question?
Are you fully with us and up to snuff, cognizant?

King Brian-

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
My son left out kind of pissed. He tries to do little as possible right before he wants something, but displays attitude when asked to do anything. He wanted to play his video game in the home office, where he usually plays. I told him that wasn't going to happen tonight. He got dressed, threw on his coat and left with his game. He told his mother he wouldn't be out too late.

I never charged him before but just started charging him $60 a week.

121 - 137 of 137 Posts