Talk About Marriage banner

If your spouse(tells you they're not happy and) wants out do you try to talk them out of it?

• No, I will help them leave.

Votes: 29 85.3%
  • Yes, I would show them what we had and have.

Votes: 5 14.7%
101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
11,696 Posts
We don't really have shared assets that I have to have. Anything in our home that we bought for us she can have it. I don't really have an attorney but I have talked with a neighbor a couple of times that is a retired attorney. He can send referrals, when I'm ready.
Just remember that if she takes something that you use then that will need to be replaced. Division of assets takes that into consideration.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
I was on the phone with a longtime friend this morning. He's not aware of my wife leaving, only my kids and my brother is aware of this. We talked for a little over an hour. He's a little depressed from losing(death) his wife about 3 years ago. I just don't have the heart to talk about this openly yet. But I think he's figuring it out. After the phone call my wife argued with me about our chickens(I bought her a coop a few years back). She bought 5 and someone gave me 5 a little later on. I've always had a problem finding the special breed that I wanted. She said she has a buyer for her 10 chickens so we argued like kids, but she ended up taking her 5 and meeting the buyer. She said a few demeaning things, but I insisted that I wasn't going to argued and she was not selling my hens and that was that. But she kept saying a few things, so I walked away. I went to the bathroom and coming out I decided to make a call, but the phone was still on from the friend I was talking to earlier. I was pissed and panicked and just hung up. I told this to my wife and she just said, "So." She said she was glad, didn't care and everyone should hear. I feel like she wants to embarrass me and just doesn't care. She called me a ***** once while I was talking to another person on the phone. It's like she wants me to hit her so she can laugh while calling the police. I called the friend back but he said it wasn't on on his end, but he could be lying. I'm going to ask him again later. Just feels uneasy and sloppy.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I was on the phone with a longtime friend this morning. He's not aware of my wife leaving, only my kids and my brother is aware of this. We talked for a little over an hour. He's a little depressed from losing(death) his wife about 3 years ago. I just don't have the heart to talk about this openly yet. But I think he's figuring it out. After the phone call my wife argued with me about our chickens(I bought her a coop a few years back). She bought 5 and someone gave me 5 a little later on. I've always had a problem finding the special breed that I wanted. She said she has a buyer for her 10 chickens so we argued like kids, but she ended up taking her 5 and meeting the buyer. She said a few demeaning things, but I insisted that I wasn't going to argued and she was not selling my hens and that was that. But she kept saying a few things, so I walked away. I went to the bathroom and coming out I decided to make a call, but the phone was still on from the friend I was talking to earlier. I was pissed and panicked and just hung up. I told this to my wife and she just said, "So." She said she was glad, didn't care and everyone should hear. I feel like she wants to embarrass me and just doesn't care. She called me a * once while I was talking to another person on the phone. It's like she wants me to hit her so she can laugh while calling the police. I called the friend back but he said it wasn't on on his end, but he could be lying. I'm going to ask him again later. Just feels uneasy and sloppy.
PLEASE do yourself a favor and GET A LAWYER ASAP. Keep a voice activated recorder on you and running for ALL interactions with your wife (to protect yourself against false DV charges!).
Don't worry -- if anything, now your friend knows you are getting a divorce.

Start working on the 180 with your STBXW -- to help YOU detach from her. Also avoids all unnecessary conversations with her.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
PLEASE do yourself a favor and GET A LAWYER ASAP. Keep a voice activated recorder on you and running for ALL interactions with your wife (to protect yourself against false DV charges!).
Don't worry -- if anything, now your friend knows you are getting a divorce.

Start working on the 180 with your STBXW -- to help YOU detach from her. Also avoids all unnecessary conversations with her.
180 with my STBXW?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
She's packing her things and taking them to her storage unit. I'm wondering if she's actually taking them to our daughter's house. I don't know, but she's saying storage unit.

My son doesn't show any concerns about any of it. He's mostly on his video game or in his room. He talks and laughs with us both.

I'm feeling a little better about this. I told my "wife" that I was going to cook during the holiday breaks. I think she may try to cook something too, I don't know. I told her that I needed to practice and I like the smell of home cooking during the holidays. My siblings are good cooks and are always ready to help me when I call for cooking lessons on something.

She thought it would be a good idea to keep the joint checking account because of shared bills, health insurance, irs payments, car insurance(all vehicles on one monthly plan), and Netflix.

I'm looking at dating sites, but I'm really thinking about staying single for awhile to work on myself.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
She's packing her things and taking them to her storage unit. I'm wondering if she's actually taking them to our daughter's house. I don't know, but she's saying storage unit.

My son doesn't show any concerns about any of it. He's mostly on his video game or in his room. He talks and laughs with us both.

I'm feeling a little better about this. I told my "wife" that I was going to cook during the holiday breaks. I think she may try to cook something too, I don't know. I told her that I needed to practice and I like the smell of home cooking during the holidays. My siblings are good cooks and are always ready to help me when I call for cooking lessons on something.

She thought it would be a good idea to keep the joint checking account because of shared bills, health insurance, irs payments, car insurance(all vehicles on one monthly plan), and Netflix.

I'm looking at dating sites, but I'm really thinking about staying single for awhile to work on myself.
Cooking is a great hobby. Especially if you specialize in a single cuisine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Yesterday morning my son didn't want to wake up and get ready for work, coincidently was the morning the cop and therapist wanted to pay us a visit. They came in and my son eventually got up to talk with them. After talking and trying to work things out my son agrees to their terms of them picking him up once a week to take him to a mental health facility(he was diagnosed with Coping Skill issues about 2 years ago). My son thinks he's suffering with adhd. And I plan(for us) to keep the Friday night addiction group sessions at the church.

101 - 120 of 137 Posts