Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my wife has failed her last 3 classes and now she just wants a job. she has applied for state corrections. Iam completely against it she wont listen to me anymore. We have 3 kids a 12, 7, 4 yr old. She wants a job that makes money and i feel she will be tradeing her family for money . please advice

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: wife is giveing up on school need help!!

My wife is giving up on school she 29yr and she has failed the last 3 classes. We been married 8yr have 3 children 12, 7, 4yr old. She wants to get into state corrections Iam compleatly against it , but she wont listen to me. She really wants to make money and a few of our friends are doing really well in corrections. They also failing in their marriage.. I really believe she will be tradeing money for her family. please advice!

·
Registered
55 Posts

I would suggest that you try to push her in the direction of education, however you do need to support her in HER decision to leave school as well. Its not your choice, its hers. And no matter what she does, you should be supportive. As those last three classes she failed, may have been class identifier classes. Such as.... Network Administration 3 or 4 if she was going for Networking as a major. I'm just saying she has a nice little thing planned out.

Why not ask her to go to school part time instead of full time. This way she can take two classes a week, and still have a full time job (as if being a mother wasn't full time enough?).

I wish you luck.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts

I would suggest that you try to push her in the direction of education, however you do need to support her in HER decision to leave school as well. Its not your choice, its hers. And no matter what she does, you should be supportive. As those last three classes she failed, may have been class identifier classes. Such as.... Network Administration 3 or 4 if she was going for Networking as a major. I'm just saying she has a nice little thing planned out.

Why not ask her to go to school part time instead of full time. This way she can take two classes a week, and still have a full time job (as if being a mother wasn't full time enough?).

I wish you luck.
:iagree:

Also just because others work in a field and have a failing marriage doesn't necessarily mean that if your wife goes into corrections that your marriage will fail too. Change can be scary but you need to be supportive and communicate with each other about fears and needs and what you want out of this marriage. Marriage is made up of negotiations and good communication skills. Talk with her, don't try and change her, try to work with her :) Good luck to the two of you.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
so did she support you while you went to school, and now you are going to support her while she goes to school?

That is rough and very tough, going back to school is extremely tough once you have been out of it for a while.

She needs to take some easy classes and get back into the groove of it.

My brother was a corrections officer before becomming a state trooper in NJ, it's a rough job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.