Talk About Marriage banner
201 - 220 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
OP, did you go through with the polygraph?? Been quiet.

Also, I feel you are just so wanting to rugsweep this that you will over-listen to the one person who thinks maybe your wife didn't hardly do anything wrong. You are mostly filtering out what you don't want to hear.

Not sure what help you are looking for.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
OP, did you go through with the polygraph?? Been quiet.

Also, I feel you are just so wanting to rugsweep this that you will over-listen to the one person who thinks maybe your wife didn't hardly do anything wrong. You are mostly filtering out what you don't want to hear.

Not sure what help you are looking for.
Polygraph test was this morning and she passed all pertinent 3 questions regarding physical activity. We are each working on our issues and she is openly speaking to me about the issue at hand. Thank you everyone for your feedback during this difficult time.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Polygraph test was this morning and she passed all pertinent 3 questions regarding physical activity. We are each working on our issues and she is openly speaking to me about the issue at hand. Thank you everyone for your feedback during this difficult time.
Glad to hear she passed that. Now you have the bigger problem (IMHO) about who she loves.

·
Registered
558 Posts
17 Months with contact and nothing sexual? Wow, that is an exception to the rule and so rare it's almost unheard of. What were these polygraph questions if I may ask?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
17 Months with contact and nothing sexual? Wow, that is an exception to the rule and so rare it's almost unheard of. What were these polygraph questions if I may ask?
Was there physicalcontact in the time since we were married

Did you have a plan to have physical contact

·
Registered
558 Posts
Was there physicalcontact in the time since we were married

Did you have a plan to have physical contact
According to those questions, they never even brushed hands giving each other change or a book or something and they never planned to... Where these questions asked in any context and how was this context established?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
According to those questions, they never even brushed hands giving each other change or a book or something and they never planned to... Where these questions asked in any context and how was this context established?
Sorry I'm driving. Physical contact pertaining to sex or having any ssxual activity since marriage w anyone other than your husband

She did admit to hugging once which came out on day 1

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
EA + proximity = PA or however the **** that equation goes is not an absolute. It may be true more often than not, but it’s not absolute.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Sorry I'm driving. Physical contact pertaining to sex or having any ssxual activity since marriage w anyone other than your husband

She did admit to hugging once which came out on day 1
I'm really glad to see you followed through with the polygraph. If nothing else it says you are serious. I would say this is good news, but I would still be worried as hell and you definitely have your work cut out for you. It is going to take a long time to build trust of any sort, but this is a start. I wish you the best of luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 ·
I'm really glad to see you followed through with the polygraph. If nothing else it says you are serious. I would say this is good news, but I would still be worried as hell and you definitely have your work cut out for you. It is going to take a long time to build trust of any sort, but this is a start. I wish you the best of luck.
Thank you.. yes this is going to be difficult.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
She quit her job, if I remember right. That's also a very good sign.

Sometimes people get caught up in something the end up regretting. If OP's wife is typically very shy, etc. then it's definitely possible she just couldn't go through with sexual contact.

But it's just very bizarre to be that lovey dovey with someone for such a long time, and have it not progress, physically. She did seem to fall for him though, and that's not only a problem with that guy in particular, but a problem in the marriage - a disconnected wife.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
She quit her job, if I remember right. That's also a very good sign.

Sometimes people get caught up in something the end up regretting. If OP's wife is typically very shy, etc. then it's definitely possible she just couldn't go through with sexual contact.

But it's just very bizarre to be that lovey dovey with someone for such a long time, and have it not progress, physically. She did seem to fall for him though, and that's not only a problem with that guy in particular, but a problem in the marriage - a disconnected wife.
Also learned this guy was a predator. His wife said he has cheated on her numerous times. He definitely knew how to manipulate. My wife is shy , weak, quiet. Something came around that complimented her etc.. this is not her which is why it was such a shock to me and what I feel is worth working on.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Also learned this guy was a predator. His wife said he has cheated on her numerous times. He definitely knew how to manipulate. My wife is shy , weak, quiet. Something came around that complimented her etc.. this is not her which is why it was such a shock to me and what I feel is worth working on.

Don't let your mind get caught up in the "poor little lost baby in the woods" narrative. Those that are married or otherwise in an exclusive relationship can not get played nor preyed upon unless they're willing. She is an adult, she's grown and she knew what she was doing was wrong.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Look I get it. You don't want to believe your wife is capable of this behavior. But she showed you that she is.

Not saying don't work on it, by all means do. But don't be so disillusioned.

201 - 220 of 300 Posts