Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of the end of March this year I have been clean and sober 9 years. While that's great and im proud of it, one issue came with that I still cannot resolve. All of my old "running" friends are gone and I haven't had any success in finding new friends. The only time my wife and I have apart are date nites which are few and far between. I always end up saying something during date about how nice it would be to have at least another couple to do things with. I feel this is completely normal and my doctor even says that its not healthy. However, my wife takes it as that I should be happy with her, I try to explain, the night ends up ruined, and then im depressed for a couple days after for seemingly ruining the night. For many of those years I felt that this is the way it should be, but 9...its just overwhelms me. I do love my wife to the end and she loves me. If it came down to it, I would choose to be with her without any friends forever. I try and hide it and not say anything but shes the only one I have. I do see a counselor and what she has suggested has not worked out for me. Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Make friends at the gym or join a running club or something you like to do where you can meet people.

Do you have kids? Befriend their parents - can even exchange baby-sitting duties.

Throw a party and invite your neighbors. It's spring...have a barbecue. Get to know them and see if there are any that click with you and your wife.

Doesn't your wife have any married friends?

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Not only is having some friends important, its REQUIRED!! Those nights you go out with friends, and then come home, you'd be amazed how much better your sex lives become, cause you tend to miss each other more when your apart. She needs to be doing the same as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.