Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 40 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
You know how this plays out. The best part about this is, she's the one going for the divorce. You don't have to worry that, at a time of weakness (and it sounds like you have many of those times), you'll want to stay together and try to make it work. Thank goodness she's all-in on the divorce. Best gift she's ever given you!!!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Actually, it's likely that her depression is being CAUSED by her adultery. Depression occurs when people don't do what they SHOULD do. Yes, I said "SHOULD".... I know that's not "PC" - but in my humble, yet accurate, opinion, "PC" is horse$hit. 90% of the people who are "depressed" would get un-depressed if they looked at themselves in the mirror, took a moral inventory how they lived their lives, and TURN AWAY from their selfish, sinful, wicked behavior.....stop giving themselves permission to do what God has CONDEMNED.
Whilst fully accepting that you are entirely entitled to your opinion, humble or otherwise, can you supply any evidence or rational construct to support your assertion that it is "accurate"?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Lol now she wants more out of the divorce than what we originally agreed on. (Thanks lawyer and her “friends”). She saw me at her parents house (which they are on my side in all this) and she started listening in on our conversation via the outside cameras and she heard some stuff she didn’t want to hear lol. She blew her parents phones up saying some hurtful things to them even though we didn’t really speak about anything that wasn’t true.

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Use her desire for a quick divorce to your advantage. She wants out to go play with her man frirnd. Use that as leverage to get a fair deal. You need a lawyer. A good one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Use her desire for a quick divorce to your advantage. She wants out to go play with her man frirnd. Use that as leverage to get a fair deal. You need a lawyer. A good one.
I already have a good lawyer. I’m the one who filed the divorce. I thought it would be quick when I had the agreement sent to her lawyer but seems she changed her mind.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I thought it would be quick when I had the agreement sent to her lawyer but seems she changed her mind.
Could you provide a bit more detail on how she changed her mind? Also - and please forgive me if I am being a total idiot here - how long have you two been married?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
OOPS - Sorry. I see you've been married for five years. That's not a marriage of longevity. So what is it she's changing now that you've lawyered-up?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Could you provide a bit more detail on how she changed her mind? Also - and please forgive me if I am being a total idiot here - how long have you two been married?
We had originally agreed on how much money we both got and that the house was mine. ( it was mine before we got married). Now she wants half of everything after she got her own lawyer. I did expose her affair at the place where her man works so I’m sure that’s part of it and I’m sure the lawyer put stuff in her head too.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
If you live in a community property state, she is likely going to get half of all assets (and liabilities) that accrued during the marriage. If you live in an equity state, then she's SOL.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
If you live in a community property state, she is likely going to get half of all assets (and liabilities) that accrued during the marriage. If you live in an equity state, then she's SOL.
We don’t live in a community property state. We live in WV

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Then your lawyer should tell her lawyer to pound sand. Equity states generally don't make a 50/50 split on marriages of short duration.

Reactions: Beach123 and jlg07

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Then your lawyer should tell her lawyer to pound sand. Equity states generally don't make a 50/50 split on marriages of short duration.
Yeah I figured her lawyer just added a bunch of that stuff to just to see what she could get and to possibly scare me. Her lawyer knows better

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
@nhraracer - Hang tough. She and her lawyer are full of crap. After only being married for five years, she should get squat.

Reactions: Beach123 and jlg07

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
It sounds like her lawyer is trying to milk all the $$ out of this that they can -- they should know better (and I'm sure they do). Unleash your lawyer and follow their advice.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Also,

I was visiting her parents last week and apparently she drove by and saw me there so she went to where she was staying and started listening to us via the webcams. I guess she heard something she didn’t want to hear and then started blowing her parents phones up saying hurtful things to them. This was last Wednesday, so earlier this week she saw the dogs outside at her parents and stopped by and started talking to the dogs and she briefly said something to her dad and he told me that she was acting normal like nothing was going on. Like she didn’t just say those things to them less than a week ago. Whenever she talks to me, she doesn’t act normal at all, she acts like it’s painful. What is this all about??

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Also,

I was visiting her parents last week and apparently she drove by and saw me there so she went to where she was staying and started listening to us via the webcams. I guess she heard something she didn’t want to hear and then started blowing her parents phones up saying hurtful things to them. This was last Wednesday, so earlier this week she saw the dogs outside at her parents and stopped by and started talking to the dogs and she briefly said something to her dad and he told me that she was acting normal like nothing was going on. Like she didn’t just say those things to them less than a week ago. Whenever she talks to me, she doesn’t act normal at all, she acts like it’s painful. What is this all about??

Why are you even worried about it?

You should be well on the way to a D.

Concern yourself with, well, yourself.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
I’m just curious. Yeah I have an appt with the lawyer next week to send back my counter offer to her counter offer lol.
This is a hard step but you can do it.

It's now all about you and making your single life better. Future you will thank today's you for just ignoring her crap. There's no logic, common sense, or rationalizing her actions now, just ignore it.

Best,

21 - 40 of 107 Posts