Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haha. This puts a smile on my face writing this. The wife and I are apart right now and I would really like her to send me some of her used panties so I can have her scent.

She was surprised by this.. She seems a bit reluctant to do it but I think she'll come around.

Women, what would you think if your man asked you to do this for you? Do you ever catch him smelling your panties?

Guys: Do you? Have you? Would you? lol..

I dont think this is that taboo or anything. Just wondering what others think about this. Maybe help me convince the wife that this is relatively normal.. Is it?

Wife: HappyHubby'sWife

·
Registered
17,074 Posts
She's your wife. You know better than anyone here what trips her trigger and what doesn't. When I was overseas, it would have made my day to get one of my wife's thongs. I'd been there so long I probably would have settled for a nasty sock. I think there's very little that's taboo between a husband and his wife. Whatever works for y'all. My wife gets to pick mine up from the bathroom floor but she doesn't seem to find the practice to be an erotic experience.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She's your wife. You know better than anyone here what trips her trigger and what doesn't. When I was overseas, it would have made my day to get one of my wife's thongs. I'd been there so long I probably would have settled for a nasty sock. I think there's very little that's taboo between a husband and his wife. Whatever works for y'all. My wife gets to pick mine up from the bathroom floor but she doesn't seem to find the practice to be an erotic experience.
Hahahaha. Thanks for the laugh. Yeah I suppose it might seem odd to some people (like Ms. Holland) .

I'm starting to get more exploratory with our sex life in general.. since she is away.. well.. this is all that's left. I would much rather go right to the source. lol

I also think the fact that you're reading this on the internet makes it seem more creepy than it is. My wife and I are skyping right now about it and having a good laugh. :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, seems pretty creepy to me. I can't imagine the thoughts a woman would have imagining a man sniffing her worn panties. Seems to me that would give most women the heebie-jeebies.
I dont care about most women. Only my wife. We are pretty kinky and open and thinking of new ways to spice it up since we cant be together. Webcam is fun but doesn't cut it.

creepy? Im not some stranger lurking in the bushes hahaha. and Im asking her not doing it behind her back.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I dont care about most women. Only my wife. We are pretty kinky and open and thinking of new ways to spice it up since we cant be together. Webcam is fun but doesn't cut it.

creepy? Im not some stranger lurking in the bushes hahaha. and Im asking her not doing it behind her back.
Well, you did ask for opinions from the girls and guys! And IMO, a good number of women are not into body smells, and likely can't connect why their odor on a set of used panties would excite some guys. I'll leave that, however, for the ladies to opine on, but to me it just seems like it would bring up visions of some dweeb going through their laundry basket and sniffing panties.

Your other question..."as a guy, do you? Would you? Have you?" Uhm, no. Not even once. I have zero desire to smell my W's used panties, no matter the distance or time we've been apart. And we have gone through a 6 month period of separation due to work relocation. We skyped, phone sexed, texted, etc. She's "done herself" with dildos with me on the othe end of the line or video feed. Some pretty open stuff. But personally, I'd never ask for a pair of her used panties. I just wouldn't desire it, and despite our openness with each other, the thought of it just feels "off".

Not knocking you at all, just one guy's opinion. If that floats both of your boats though, then go for it! You know her better than anyone here. Just don't be shocked if at some point you discover she developed and "eww factor" over the whole thing. Then again, people are into some far more extreme stuff than panty sniffing, and as couples are into these things which make panty sniffing pale in comparison. So, if she's up for it, and you want it, then do it.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts

Which is exactly how it should be, so why did you ask online and then say you don't want opinions?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Which is exactly how it should be, so why did you ask online and then say you don't want opinions?
I don't care in terms of my validation! I DO want opinions and am getting them. Thank you.

Was just curious if others are into this. I've never done it before, I just got the thought tonight while we were talking dirty and I realized that I had the very strong desire to go down on her... like I normally do.. since we are so far apart, the panties came to mind.

Im still waiting for someone to answer in the affirmative.. Im pretty sure its more common than you think. I just think the guys that are into it feel ashamed of it... afraid to be called "creepy".

Anyway, thanks again.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'd happily oblige if asked.

I don't think it's creepy for a husband to ask - I would think it was a bit odd if he was going through the laundry basket on his own but that's not the case here.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Im still waiting for someone to answer in the affirmative.. Im pretty sure its more common than you think. I just think the guys that are into it feel ashamed of it... afraid to be called "creepy".
You're projecting. While some guys may be "into it", I doubt too many here would be "ashamed of it" if they were. Have you seen the conversations here about what goes on sexually in a marriage? I don't see too many people holding back because they're "ashamed". It's an anonymous message board, and a pretty open one at that.

And you seem to be concerned with what your wife will "think" about it. No matter if it is common for a guy to do it or not (and I think it is less common than you think), I believe most women (not all) would seriously lose some attraction (or at least be pretty taken aback) for their mates if they walked in on their mate sniffing their used panties. You'd sooner be presented with a "WTF are you doing?" than you would be a "god, you sniffing my used panties turns me on". I can't imagine you'd ever find a woman sniffing their mans drawers (unless they were looking for signs of infidelity) as a means to up their sexual intensity at any given moment, and they aren't going to be likely to understand it. Geez, I'm a guy, and I don't understand it! I remember what she smells like! I'll take her bathrobe with the scent of her shampoo, soap, perfume, etc., on it long before I'd snuggle up to a pair of used panties that smells of stale sweat.

You said she was "reluctant" and "surprised" by it. Dude...that could possibly be code for "you're grossing me out" and "WTF is wrong with you". Tread carefully. That, OR, she's into it and afraid to admit it. That's for you to figure out, but I'd place bets on the former before I put money on the latter. I'd listen to the ladies opinion on this, but my solid bet is you're not going to find many that say "yeah, it would turn me on to find my guy sniffing my used drawers".

Having said that...if my W told me she WANTED me to sniff her panties and it turned her on, would I do it? Probably, for her, if it got her off! Would she do it for me (send me panties)? Ehh, probably as well. But I do believe in her mind it would not be my "finest moment", lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Haha, I like this thread. Women can be very turned on by scents. I love wering my husband's shirts and smelling him. I love the way his armipts smell. That may sound weird to some people. Sometimes during foreplay he will get my panties off and smell them. He says he loves it. I feel embarassed, but I kind of like it. I will ask him to wear a shirt during the day so I can sleep with in it. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Especially if it's with your loved one.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Im still waiting for someone to answer in the affirmative..
Me, me, me, me!!! :D

I love my how my wife smells. She is a very clean person so she was at first pretty surprised by this but she found it very complimentary.

I made a point that I don't fancy artificial smells on her if given a choice so she doesn't use any cosmetics other than some antiperspirant when she is with me.

I also specifically requested that she should NOT shower before sex on my behalf. She likes that, she found that my desire has practical sides as well. :D

If she mentions that she didn't shower for two days (which is max really) that means she wants oral sex and this is considered a treat for me not for her. Some wives rewards their husbands with blowjobs. Mine skips a shower and comes naked. :D

Luckily we haven't been separated for long but if that must be so I would surely requested her panties by mail. When I'm away on a trip she sleeps in my shirt. :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ah HA! some more balance. Donny thanks for your viewpoint. It will give me some consideration.

But I think if I'm considering your points then the question becomes: If these are my true feelings, fantasies and desires should I be open and honest about it? Or avoid the risk of her changing her opinion of me? I wouldnt want to be in a marriage where I had to repress my thoughts, feelings for fear of being judged. One of the last people I would want to be stuck in a marriage is a judgmental, closed-minded person. They would be too opposite from me.

My wife already knows and doesn't seem horrified but was just surprised cause I've never given her indication that I wanted that before.

I guess in the end it comes down to it being 'different strokes for different folks.'

From my point of view its a natural part of human sexuality to love the scent of the opposite sex.. not everyone is into those kinds of smells I guess.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Me, me, me, me!!! :D

I love my how my wife smells. She is a very clean person so she was at first pretty surprised by this but she found it very complimentary.

I made a point that I don't fancy artificial smells on her if given a choice so she doesn't use any cosmetics other than some antiperspirant when she is with me.

I also specifically requested that she should NOT shower before sex on my behalf. She likes that, she found that my desire has practical sides as well. :D

If she mentions that she didn't shower for two days (which is max really) that means she wants oral sex and this is considered a treat for me not for her. Some wives rewards their husbands with blowjobs. Mine skips a shower and comes naked. :D

Luckily we haven't been separated for long but if that must be so I would surely requested her panties by mail. When I'm away on a trip she sleeps in my shirt. :)
I think I am in the same camp as you here. Natural is .. well. natural. The way nature intended us to smell is what is attractive as long as they aren't having bad bacterial odors and bad hygiene. My wife smells very subtle and clean so I am never put off from her natural smell. People forget that we are a type of animal driven by pheromones and are designed to be attracted to the scent of our mates.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.