Talk About Marriage banner

1701 - 1720 of 1723 Posts

·
Registered
19,464 Posts
Agree ^^^^^ Somewhere inside these 1,500+ posts in this thread someone recommended the Married Man's Sex Life Primer. While it is horribly named and a little tough to read at times given some of the explicit sex stuff, I believe it should be required reading for EVERY YOUNG MALE in the entire world before they're allowed to start dating in earnest, certainly before they're allowed to marry. That book reads like the story of everything I did wrong in my relationship with my XW. I don't think my XW is broken. I think she's incredibly selfish. But I also know that I played a part in setting the context for what happened.

bff
Self reflection is fine. All of us dudes should work towards self improvement. But in your case you trusted too much, and the person you trusted was a woman of low moral character. That's it. You can't blame yourself for her being rotten. She was that way before you married her.

·
Super Moderator
28,776 Posts
Hey TAM family,

I can't bring myself to wait for my semi-annual update because I have great news! My wife and I are expecting our second child mid-year. My "best revenge" of living well continues! All else is well.

bff
Oh, wow! That's such great news, @bff! :D

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hey TAM family,

I can't bring myself to wait for my semi-annual update because I have great news! My wife and I are expecting our second child mid-year. My "best revenge" of living well continues! All else is well.

bff
Honestly, I was hoping to read your XW and her spineless partner were picked up for trafficking heroin and were looking at 20-30 years without parole, or the house granted to your XW was foreclosed or burned down or something else giving me great pleasure. I know, it's not cool to wish bad on someone, but I did stop short of them getting killed. Least give me that.

BFF...I've told you before, your story was the first story I read on TAM, and it's still the one that ticks me off to no end. Please keep me informed if the hammer falls down upon your XW and former best friend. I GREATLY look forward to KARMA blowing there lives up. When it happens, I want to know.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,706
Honestly, I was hoping to read your XW and her spineless partner were picked up for trafficking heroin and were looking at 20-30 years without parole, or the house granted to your XW was foreclosed or burned down or something else giving me great pleasure. I know, it's not cool to wish bad on someone, but I did stop short of them getting killed. Least give me that.

BFF...I've told you before, your story was the first story I read on TAM, and it's still the one that ticks me off to no end. Please keep me informed if the hammer falls down upon your XW and former best friend. I GREATLY look forward to KARMA blowing there lives up. When it happens, I want to know.
LOL - @colingrant you've got my word that I will post that news here when I hear it. And I believe that day is coming. Maybe not soon, but eventually.

bff

·
Super Moderator
11,750 Posts
I would wager that XWW's infertility in the face of BFF's family working on their second child is enough to keep her up at night.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
I'm a huge Dave Ramsey fan. He often says -I've never heard about anyone going broke from tithing

to a church- So as saying 'good deeds do not go unnoticed' Pretty much sums up how you life

has went since you shook the modern day "Spanish Flu." You have a wonderful woman, a child and another

on the way. Your WW....well she has pretty much got what she deserves. Karma bus..... not quite.

More the Karma Train. Best wishes for your new addition BFF.

Reactions: MattMatt and bff

·
Registered
316 Posts
I would wager that XWW's infertility in the face of BFF's family working on their second child is enough to keep her up at night.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I didn't know (or forgot, as I can't stand to reread or review the story it ticks me off so) about the infertility. That's great news, although I would prefer something to happen to her/them more sinister in nature. If I knew BFF's old address, I'd mistakenly send flowers and two balloons to BFF's XW congratulating BFF and his current wife on there 2nd child to rub it in. Would pay extra to ensure delivery took place in person to BFF's XW, and that the person delivering smiled and congratulated her enthusiastically.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,710
For all you long-time thread watchers, I'm thrilled to announce my second child (daughter this time) arrived happy and healthy! Amazing to think about how far I've come in the last seven years, from unhappy in a sham of a marriage to ecstatic with an amazing wife and a couple of awesome kids. There is life beyond divorce.

bff

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
For all you long-time thread watchers, I'm thrilled to announce my second child (daughter this time) arrived happy and healthy! Amazing to think about how far I've come in the last seven years, from unhappy in a sham of a marriage to ecstatic with an amazing wife and a couple of awesome kids. There is life beyond divorce.

bff

Great!

Best wishes for your future!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
BFF
Mazel tov
Only the best for you and your lovely family.
Be sure to send a family photo to your ex at Christmas.
I am a prick and would likely write, we wish you a barren christmas and a crappy new year.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,715
Annual check-in for my long-time supporters and post-watchers. My kids are now 5 1/2 and 1 y.o. My wife and I are doing fantastic. Life is really, really good. I don't have any news to report on the XW and her husband. As far as I know, they're still together and doing fine. I don't hear much about them anymore from common friends and acquaintances, which is fine with me. I know that's a disappointment for all those eagerly waiting for karmic revenge. My guess is, that will come in time, so hold fast. Hope you all are safe and healthy amidst the pandemic.

bff

·
Registered
11,056 Posts
Annual check-in for my long-time supporters and post-watchers. My kids are now 5 1/2 and 1 y.o. My wife and I are doing fantastic. Life is really, really good. I don't have any news to report on the XW and her husband. As far as I know, they're still together and doing fine. I don't hear much about them anymore from common friends and acquaintances, which is fine with me. I know that's a disappointment for all those eagerly waiting for karmic revenge. My guess is, that will come in time, so hold fast. Hope you all are safe and healthy amidst the pandemic.

bff
Great, for you. And they get stuck with each other. That's pretty good revenge.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
BFF blessings on you and your little family. People tend to forget that Karma also works positively. In your case, all of the evil done you bounced back onto the perpetrators, the positive Karma came to you, and gave you a new wife, new life and two great kids. Enjoy. You deserve it. Love the hell out of them every day.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Its great coming back and seeing that you posted an update. Its really amazing how you turned your life around and moved past your xW and her BS. I am glad to hear you are building a wonderful family. I think in the end that's all we really all ever wanted. Good for you and your family. As for your xW. I would just put her in the past where she belongs. When I run into my xW. We don't talk. I don't avoid her. I just walk right passed her life she never mattered in the first place. Thankfully she doesn't even try to stop me or say anything. If should would it would be her loss because I wouldn't stop and talk. Its not personal anymore. Its just the fact I really don't care.

I hope you continue to have a wonder life with your family.

Clay

1701 - 1720 of 1723 Posts