Talk About Marriage banner

61 - 80 of 123 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,079 Posts
I feel ya, brother. "Exciting" women are a young man's dream, not mine. My days of wasting time with hot/crazy girls are in the past where they belong.
Not THAT far in the past.

Reactions: Enigma32

·
Premium Member
4,079 Posts
Same.

I often wonder this too, I mean, my bestie is married to a detective. He deals with murderers, rapists, bikies on the daily, but when he gets home he removes his balls and puts them in her purse. She controls everything he does - where he goes, who he's with, what he spends. I don't know why he tolerates it.
Because he's got so much on his plate that he's happy to relinquish that.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have always thought though overall that people who are real easy going will have one relationship after another or one long one. but for it to be happy it needs to be two people who are easy going. I wish I was that way, but I am not.
I would have been happy with one long relationship and doing all the domestic things for my husband and family but things certainly don't work to plan, eh? I suppose I'm one of those people, I haven't been single for most of my adult life, but I've got time yet.

I was talking to my cousin the other day and she said if things don't work out with her husband, she won't bother to remarry and just pick up hot guys from time to time "to get serviced" :ROFLMAO: . I hope they pull through, he's a decent fella and they seem to be doing well, but who knows what goes on behind closed doors.

·
Premium Member
4,079 Posts
Enigma, I hate that she happened to you. She does sound like a weird combination. I remember when you were just very satisfied in that relationship before it all blew up and you found out. That's what I hate the most.

Reactions: Enigma32

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I hate that she happened to you. She does sound like a weird combination. I remember when you were just very satisfied in that relationship before it all blew up and you found out. That's what I hate the most.
Meh. I don't even worry about her anymore. Live and learn. Plus, I'm much happier with my GF now.

She did the same exact thing to the next guy she was with too. I heard about that through the grapevine. Probably part of the reason she moves around every few years, she develops a reputation.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Met my almost bride on OLD. I should have smelled a rat when a beautiful, accomplished doctor lady with a sexy accent was looking online for a date.
I’m getting so accustomed to living alone, it’s getting to the point the stress of dating just isn’t worth it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Met my almost bride on OLD. I should have smelled a rat when a beautiful, accomplished doctor lady with a sexy accent was looking online for a date.
I’m getting so accustomed to living alone, it’s getting to the point the stress of dating just isn’t worth it.
Awww, sorry to hear that man. I did hear that men had to deal with scammers in OLD. Maybe a meetup for hobbies then?

Maybe if I were older, I might pack it in, but I still want love, companionship and sausage on demand :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Some people just are drawn to certain people. Some people have chemistry.

Nice girls are like nice guys, no one wants to have sex with them. They are friend zoned.

·
Registered
14,746 Posts
Here's a thought.

Ask a bunch of people if they themselves think they are nice.

Many would answer, "Sure, most of the time".

I suspect their view of nice is them being practical and soft spoken.

That may not really meet that definition of 'nice'.

But, it is a start!
I'm not nice.😉

·
Registered
14,746 Posts
Hey, we have 2 members who met on here and are living a wonderful life together. Maybe there should be a TAM dating section :geek:
Yeah, they knew each other from here but they just got in touch with each other. Very cute and romantic.

A TAM dating section would probably be a meltdown like Chernobyl.😋

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I've read it so many times among the manosphere like 10 years ago, but for me is like theyre talking about teenagers, bc i almost NEVER seen a woman "into jerks" among people i know and family. I mean, i know women who made mistakes and dated a guy who seemed nice. But, you know, the guy seemed to be a nice person.
Not necessarily jerks, they chase and throw themselves at guys that have ni intention of settling down and turn their nose up at the good guy husband types. I work in the law enforcement field and it makes my head hurt how often women stay in abusive relationships wanting to change him and make it work. It gets to a point where police just think if he bashes your head in it is your own fault for staying with him, you get no sympathy from us. They dont want them arrested, just make them behave.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Only if she's hot, though.

I bet you can't find a woman who isn't hot AND is high drama that a man will put up with (unless he's married to her and pulls one of the -- but I can't divorce her cuz vows).

Time after time after time after time-- men will stay with and put time and energy into a batshit crazy, horrible woman-- IF SHE'S HOT. Stuff they would never tolerate if she was less attractive.
The average looking women, be it reality or their own mind, tend not to be BSC unless they are actually certifiable.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I lived this with my ex, he was supposedly a "nice guy" who wanted a nice girl, but ended up bored. Ironically he was the boring one. He was a sexual dud and felt threatened when I asked for anything not super vanilla.

I've seen men do this even with women who aren't super hot, my conclusion is one of all: they're boring and want excitement, they like drama, it's an ego thing and they feel validated when they "overcome".

After living with the "walking on eggshells" environment with my exh, no way I want to deal with that BS again. I like peace in my house and anyone who requires me to play games to keep his interest can move along.

Yup. Think about the TV shows/movies that showed the normal or geeky guys going after the cheerleaders totally ignoring other girls on their level.

Would you WANT men like that anyway? Stupid is as stupid does, I don't want stupid. Carry on...
That is TV. The geeky guys know the cheerleaders are not going to give them the time of day. They admire from afar but know it would never happen.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
But in bed he went all the way into trying to satisfy them, would ask for nudes, while if i try to send a nude he shut me down, or i ask for kisses and foreplay.
If it would make you feel any better, there are likely guys right here on this site that wouldn't shut you down. Just Kiddin widju Moon. I'm thinking you might enjoy a laugh. Now to get serious. If he shuts you down when you ask for kisses or you have tell him you need foreplay, you need to ask yourself if he's the problem, if your the problem, or if both of you are the problem. Kisses and foreplay, like any other facet of sex, is highly diminished if you have to ask for it.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
The average looking women, be it reality or their own mind, tend not to be BSC unless they are actually certifiable.
If you are trying to justify men staying with BSC by saying all attractive/hot women are BSC so if you want to be with any kind of attractive women it's just something you just have to put up with, I cry extreme ********.

Either that or, I'll just have to label all of those men extremely stupid/must be something mentally and emotionally wrong with them if they are deliberately making that choice to pick someone crazy.

Lastly, I will add (and this won't be popular with some men) I do think poorly of the character of men who stay long term with BSC just because she's super physically attractive.

·
Registered
14,746 Posts
If you are trying to justify men staying with BSC by saying all attractive/hot women are BSC so if you want to be with any kind of attractive women it's just something you just have to put up with, I cry extreme ****.

Either that or, I'll just have to label all of those men extremely stupid/must be something mentally and emotionally wrong with them if they are deliberately making that choice to pick someone crazy.

Lastly, I will add (and this won't be popular with some men) I do think poorly of the character of men who stay long term with BSC just because she's super physically attractive.
BSC..... I've seen that trait in folks across the looks spectrum.

Some of the nicest, sweetest and mentally stable women I have known were objectively very attractive.

People who find themselves in abusive relationships can get really stuck as well.

That is no excuse for initially pursuing an obvious Biatch or A hole but sometimes people are in the relationship a little too deep and the drama queen/king/manipulator has hooks in them.

My oldest son was a recovering addict and doing really well. He met a very solid and attractive woman and they seemed to be heading for something serious when his head got turned by a manipulative abuser that used her position, she worked with him and was over him, to get him to start dating her. He broke off the relationship with the solid lady and took up with his co-worker.

They were found out and both lost their jobs.

Mrs. Conan and I didn't really care for her because of the work situation but we wanted to be supportive parents and not overbearing about his choices so we were nice to her and treated her like part of the family.

By the time we found out she was BSC, our son was in her control.

I advised him not to marry her and she had such control by that time that she cut him off from us and he obeyed her. We couldn't believe the weakness he was exhibiting but she was, and had, been playing on weaknesses she had become privy to as a result of abusing her position at their job.

So he became mostly estranged from us for a few years while her drama turned to all out abuse.

He would work 14 hours a day, come home and clean the house, do the dishes then cook dinner and then clean the dishes again while she sat on the couch all day, smoking marijuana and messing around on social media.

She would constantly degrade and threaten him with cheating on him.

We were not clueless after a while and told him to leave several times but he was too far gone.

They are finally getting a divorce and my youngest son had to step in to help him break her hold on him.

The thing is, his stbx was BSC and not hot at all.

I couldn't understand the attraction but she was a very good abuser and manipulator.

My oldest was not in a good place to avoid her or fend her off and she took advantage.

I imagine that something similar happens with women sometimes.

Logically, if he would have put a fraction of the effort he exerted with the "beast" on the nice lady, they would have blossomed and grown.

There is a lot of evil in the world and a lot of folks taken advantage of.

I'm not excusing the bad decisions but I'm seeing how it is happening.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
I was drinking coffee and watching the news this morning and they covered the “free Britney” movement. I scoffed until they started playing clips of her in her prime then was thinking we need to free Britney.

61 - 80 of 123 Posts