Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says almost it all, already.

Why so many men seem to put lots of effort into high drama women while so low effort into "nice girls"?

And i dont mean like the high drama is prettier or anything at all.

I get this feeling, but i dont even know if its true. Is it true (for most men)???

Idk, its like if youre nice and trustworthy your feelings and needs are way more overlooked no matter how much you talk about it or try, youre way less "helped" then a b!t¢h who doesnt give a [email protected]

Im sorry if i sound all over the place hahah

·
Registered
14,804 Posts
The title says almost it all, already.

Why so many men seem to put lots of effort into high drama women while so low effort into "nice girls"?

And i dont mean like the high drama is prettier or anything at all.

I get this feeling, but i dont even know if its true. Is it true (for most men)???

Idk, its like if youre nice and trustworthy your feelings and needs are way more overlooked no matter how much you talk about it or try, youre way less "helped" then a b!t¢h who doesnt give a [email protected]

Im sorry if i sound all over the place hahah
Probably for similar reasons so many women pursue jerks?

Excitement and tension often get a sort of sexual response often.

·
Registered
14,804 Posts
I mostly avoided the drama girls. It was amusing and alarming when I would turn down what one of them was offering but I guess those were entitled drama queens as well.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably for similar reasons so many women pursue jerks?

Excitement and tension often get a sort of sexual response often.
I've read it so many times among the manosphere like 10 years ago, but for me is like theyre talking about teenagers, bc i almost NEVER seen a woman "into jerks" among people i know and family. I mean, i know women who made mistakes and dated a guy who seemed nice. But, you know, the guy seemed to be a nice person.

·
Registered
14,804 Posts
I've read it so many times among the manosphere like 10 years ago, but for me is like theyre talking about teenagers, bc i almost NEVER seen a woman "into jerks" among people i know and family. I mean, i know women who made mistakes and dated a guy who seemed nice. But, you know, the guy seemed to be a nice person.
I've personally seen it mostly in the young and otherwise emotionally immature myself.

I really don't know about mature men pursuing drama queens.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its like some men crave insecurity, manipulation, being on edge
I've personally seen it mostly in the young and otherwise emotionally immature myself.

I really don't know about mature men pursuing drama queens.
No, i dont mean they pursue.

I asked about they putting more effort when they happen to date one then when they date a nice girl.

I mean, if the guy is late 20s or older im sure they dated at least one of each.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
I asked about they putting more effort when they happen to date one then when they date a nice girl.
Because they don’t have to put in the effort for the “nice girl” in your situation.

·
Premium Member
15,036 Posts
It is simple.

You must put high effort into those High Drama gals.

You, need not, put that (way, extra effort) in those Easy Sweethearts.
If you choose to smother them with love, that is your desire, but not any hard requirement.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
There are 2 big reasons for this.

Take this example. If you are a high drama, difficult to deal with woman who happens to be sexy AF, who do you date? Do you date a guy that is kinda on your level? Nope, because he can get a sexy AF girl that isn't such a pain to deal with. So, that girl ends up dating average looking guys. As a guy, there are several advantages to dating a woman that is super hot, out of your league, and that average looking guy will work his butt off to make sure he can continue reaping the rewards that come with that girl.

The 2nd reason is similar. Another thing I have noticed is that a lot of these high drama girls are not only hot, but they come with a couple mental illnesses like being bipolar or schizophrenia. I am speaking from experience when I say that, while it sounds bad, there is something addictive about that trainwreck, constant drama that can come from dating one of these women. When things are good, man are they ever good. When things are bad....even worse.

·
Registered
14,804 Posts
Its like some men crave insecurity, manipulation, being on edge

No, i dont mean they pursue.

I mean, if the guy is late 20s or older im sure they dated at least one of each.
Oh. Maybe it comes down to the basic desire to please someone.

Trying to please an easy going lady is easier.

·
Premium Member
15,036 Posts
There always is that 'challenge factor'.
Some men enjoy the mental wrestling.

They do, until they no longer can stand the thought of that.

Ah, but that challenge soon becomes a high speed rollercoaster.
The sharp turns wreak havoc on ones out-stretched neck

A ladies smile and her perfume is only so much intoxicating.

A man's interest, his challenge, then becomes painful, and onerous.
Yep.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is simple.

You must put high effort into those High Drama gals.

You, need not, put that (way, extra effort) in those Easy Sweethearts.
If you choose to smother them with love, that is your desire, but not any hard requirement.
So a woman get nothing for being a "nice girl".

Like, you put the effort into pleasing him, into not being an ass, into trying to make his life better and easier, but... meh!

Thats the feeling im getting.

·
Premium Member
15,036 Posts
I wonder if it has to do with the idea that men like to chase, and when things come too easily, it makes them feel like it’s not worth it.
Yes.
A sad reality.

We all like our stimulation.
Especially, that gotten from others.

Wisdom, gained from aging puts a hard stop to that sort of thinking.
Alas, too late!

Reactions: heartsbeating

·
Premium Member
15,036 Posts
So a woman get nothing for being a "nice girl".

Like, you put the effort into pleasing him, into not being an ass, into trying to make his life better and easier, but... meh!

Thats the feeling im getting.
So it seems.

Life (often) rolls over and crushes those who are nice. Male or female.

·
Premium Member
15,036 Posts
Nice, often equates to boring.

That dumb notion will one day burn you.

·
Premium Member
15,036 Posts
My advice?

Be a nice girl.

The world has great need for them!

·
Premium Member
15,036 Posts
Here's a thought.

Ask a bunch of people if they themselves think they are nice.

Many would answer, "Sure, most of the time".

I suspect their view of nice is them being practical and soft spoken.

That may not really meet that definition of 'nice'.

But, it is a start!

·
Premium Member
15,036 Posts
It is hard to be nice in this crazy world, on this polarized planet.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I wonder if it has to do with the idea that men like to chase, and when things come too easily, it makes them feel like it’s not worth it.
THIS!!!

This is the feeling i get!!!

Thats why when i asked i was specific to say that i didnt mean the high drama is prettier.

Because i see it happens when both are pretty and even when the nice girl is WAY PRETTIER, like, the high drama still gets all the extras.

Its official: i'm jaded af now.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts