Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I've often heard that women shouldn't try to turn the men in their lives into girlfriends. I think this proves that.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
See based on experience with my wife I assumed she simply ran out of gas because on her last trip she didn't feel like fueling up even though it was on empty. The on board computer told her she had 20 MTE on her way home the day before but when she got in and started it up it was basically fumes left. I would like to see if there was any follow up on this to see what the actual cause was. I hate cliffhangers.

·
Registered
7,192 Posts
My thoughts always go to the alternator in situations like this...

Wouldn't a faulty fuel pump also have other symptoms that show up before you even drive off...??
There’s certainly nothing wrong with his pump. 😁

Reactions: LisaDiane

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
See based on experience with my wife I assumed she simply ran out of gas because on her last trip she didn't feel like fueling up even though it was on empty. The on board computer told her she had 20 MTE on her way home the day before but when she got in and started it up it was basically fumes left. I would like to see if there was any follow up on this to see what the actual cause was. I hate cliffhangers.
This is ME too...Lol!!!

I did this all the time before I had kids, because I hated to stop for gas - it's SO BORING!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Could be the fuel filter. If it's an in the tank filter, may be a little expensive.
If you can replace it yourself, it shouldn't be expensive at all...but you just have to be willing to get covered in fuel, even if you siphon most of it out of the tank, it still gets everywhere!

Although, I'll say, we've had FILTHY fuel filters, and the car never stalled.

I'm sticking with alternator!

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
If you can replace it yourself, it shouldn't be expensive at all...but you just have to be willing to get covered in fuel, even if you siphon most of it out of the tank, it still gets everywhere!

Although, I'll say, we've had FILTHY fuel filters, and the car never stalled.

I'm sticking with alternator!
I think HIS alternator was working 🙄🙄😉😉😂😂 !!

Sadly...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts