Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back when you were chatting with women online during Phone chat it was no big deal to ask a women "what part of the city are you from?"

You ask that question when chatting on a online dating site and most women think you are a stalker and trying to figure where she lives which has always been stupid. Most men prefer to date women in certain areas of the city and would want to know what section she is in. Why chat with someone online for days only to find out she lives in the one area I refuse to go to and then all the time was wasted

Other reasons Telephone dating was better

2. You were able to tell instantly if someone was crazy by their voice

3. You were able to tell instantly if someone was normal by their voice

4. You were able to be more in a one on one situation instead of chatting with several people at once

5. You were able to tell if someone was attractive by how they communicated with you

Damm those days are gone forever:crying:

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Didn't they used to do video tapes dates in America before the internet? That might work for you too!

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't they used to do video tapes dates in America before the internet? That might work for you too!

I was about to try it but it was way more expensive so I decided not to create a video profile.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
I was about to try it but it was way more expensive so I decided not to create a video profile.
They still do the tapes? Cool! I remember they showed it on TV here in Ireland & the most normal guy on it was wearing a Viking costume. The rest were hilarious, it was brilliant, you could really tell what people were like.

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They still do the tapes? Cool! I remember they showed it on TV here in Ireland & the most normal guy on it was wearing a Viking costume. The rest were hilarious, it was brilliant, you could really tell what people were like.

The one in my area I had to actually leave my house and travel to the Video Dating service and browse tapes lol

Going to a bar or bookstore would be more appealing than that

I now remember it was $125 a month

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
The one in my area I had to actually leave my house and travel to the Video Dating service and browse tapes lol

Going to a bar or bookstore would be more appealing than that

I now remember it was $125 a month
Wow that's expensive, and could be all oldies on the tapes anyway. Personally I've never dated online, my brother introduced me to my husband, who'd seen my picture in his house & asked bro if could he date me. Maybe get a friend to introduce you to any available ladies? Preferably attractive with no kids lol

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow that's expensive, and could be all oldies on the tapes anyway. Personally I've never dated online, my brother introduced me to my husband, who'd seen my picture in his house & asked bro if could he date me. Maybe get a friend to introduce you to any available ladies? Preferably attractive with no kids lol

I didn't date at all at 19 and 20 because I had no knowledge of a telephone dating service and didn't go to bars or clubs so the only way to meet a women was to approach her in public which was not going to happen

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
I didn't date at all at 19 and 20 because I had no knowledge of a telephone dating service and didn't go to bars or clubs so the only way to meet a women was to approach her in public which was not going to happen
Why? What's wrong with asking a lady out in person? It's more normal than online. The worst is they say no, which happens online also. Do they do any matchmaking events where you live?

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why? What's wrong with asking a lady out in person? It's more normal than online. The worst is they say no, which happens online also. Do they do any matchmaking events where you live?

Because it's very awkward to approach a complete stranger in public. Also it was hard for me to tell how old someone was when I was 20 because a lot of 14 year old could look 19. lol

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I sympathise with this. There are certainly situations where I feel much more on my game and natural.

I am actually rather good at chit chat. After a recent yoga class, an attractive lady was clearly very keen on me and a few of use went for something to eat. In that scenario, I was thrown.
I had not chatted and listened, so I did not really understand her attraction (I am actually a fairly good looking man, but still) and had not built much rapport up. The next day, I was in a ****tail bar, charmed people and knew how and felt more comfortable. Ridiculous, but reality.

Edit to add: coc-ktail bar.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Because it's very awkward to approach a complete stranger in public. Also it was hard for me to tell how old someone was when I was 20 because a lot of 14 year old could look 19. lol
That's true, lol. It's a whole different dating scenario here in Ireland. I've single friends & they get asked out by guys in pubs/bars all the time. If they accept the guy, they chat, then shift (kiss) & then the first date happens.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Never did any dating service. I worked at a grocery store my senior year in high school, and then about 5 years after that. I went on a couple dates with one coworker during that time. I also went out with a guy who often went through my register. He would have been classified as metrosexual, now.

I didn't really date much, though. Usually, I just hung out with friends and family and whichever boyfriend I had at the time... Then, I met my husband online, through an online friend. 1000 miles apart, and we managed to make it work until we could be together on a permanent basis.

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Never did any dating service. I worked at a grocery store my senior year in high school, and then about 5 years after that. I went on a couple dates with one coworker during that time. I also went out with a guy who often went through my register. He would have been classified as metrosexual, now.

I didn't really date much, though. Usually, I just hung out with friends and family and whichever boyfriend I had at the time... Then, I met my husband online, through an online friend. 1000 miles apart, and we managed to make it work until we could be together on a permanent basis.
Most women don't have to which is why I believe none of them are actually single just using the site as a secondary option. Or looking to end a relationship or fishing for a side guy

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Most women don't have to which is why I believe none of them are actually single just using the site as a secondary option. Or looking to end a relationship or fishing for a side guy
You want to know what's funny? I am the one who asked most of them out... including the coworker and the customer at the store lol. And that was SO FAR out if my comfort zone.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Smg,
You are unwilling to tolerate any discomfort whatsoever in your "dating".

If you want a woman, you're going to have to risk rejection, invest time and money, miss out on bball games on tv, miss out on a little mom chatting time, and put up with them needing you and taking up your "relaxation" time. I don't see it happening. Seriously, think about being a bachelor.
The online dating thing is not for the faint of heart.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Smg,
You are unwilling to tolerate any discomfort whatsoever in your "dating".

If you want a woman, you're going to have to risk rejection, invest time and money, miss out on bball games on tv, miss out on a little mom chatting time, and put up with them needing you and taking up your "relaxation" time. I don't see it happening. Seriously, think about being a bachelor.
The online dating thing is not for the faint of heart.
Posted via Mobile Device
I will miss a basketball game not FOOTBALL

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I will miss a basketball game not FOOTBALL
It's not that difficult to find a female football fan.

It IS difficult to find a woman who would put up with a man who puts such strict parameters on when he is or is not willing to see her, though.

Being in adult relationships requires compromise and thinking of the other person's desires, not just your own. Yours matter, for sure, but so do the other person's.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.