Talk About Marriage banner

121 - 123 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
@Livvie but she has and IS contributing financially. I’m surprised, I wouldn’t think you’d stay with a man like this? But that’s ok I can respect your view.
She's "contributing" by "working" for 6 years, not earning any money, and using savings. I can't imagine having kids that age and not contributing financially by actually working a job that earns some money for the family.

I am mother to 2, I was actually a SAHM for a decade, during which time I did everything related to keeping the home running -- all the cooking, grocery shopping and meal planning, cleaning, finances, appointments, kid stuff, car maintenance, etc. etc. That was my job, and I contributed just as much time and energy as my husband.

And THEN, once my kids were in school the full day, guess what, I went back to work full time. Earning a salary ----not day trading, not earning nothing, and using savings as my "contribution", like this OP's wife.

Of course I would stay with a man like the OP, who would like a partner who works a job that earns income, because I'm not an entitled woman who believes she doesn't have to work at a job that actually EARNS MONEY.

All of the other SAHMs I knew when I was one went back to work once their kids were in first or second grade, too. All of them!!! Well, one one works part time because she has MS.

So yeah....

·
Registered
33 Posts
The pouty little boy is the guy who just sits there and does nothing but complain about it.

If you end up with a woman who's financially incompetent you really only have two choices. Either accept the fact you're the only financially responsible person in the relationship, find a way to cope with it, or tell her to get a job or you're outta there. And follow through if needed.

121 - 123 of 123 Posts