Talk About Marriage banner

81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,483 Posts
"you are too sensititve" - If I hear that from potential partner in the future, I am out. I have heard enough of that. Maybe you are not sensitive enough.
It is part of being a woman, this sensitiveness.

It is a trait that men should recognize and nurture.
Provided, of course, she deserves this!

Men can be insensitive clods, and can also be overly-sensitive basket cases.
We see them on TAM, all the time.

Reactions: LisaDiane

·
Premium Member
12,483 Posts
Being sensitive is good....
Being cactus prikly and badly-reactive is not.

Life and its stresses make many of us too snap-happy.

It is hard for a man to kiss a lady tiger, not knowing what she will do next!

·
Premium Member
12,483 Posts
A dear ladies hormones (her moods) are a man's best friend one minute, his worst nightmare the next.

Just Sayin'

Go easy on the men-folk, it ain't easy for anybody.

Any bodies, male or female, all fail us.
Our minds are buried deep in our bodies.

And, getting old is getting old, and is painfully hard to deal with.

King Brian-

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
A dear ladies hormones (her moods) are a man's best friend one minute, his worst nightmare the next.
Hormones my ass. it was my hormones, when my husband was yelling at me? it was my hormones, when he was barking at me for no reason?

I am out. It sounds like you are looking for excuses everywhere.

·
Premium Member
12,483 Posts
Hormones my ass. it was my hormones, when my husband was yelling at me? it was my hormones, when he was barking at me for no reason?

I am out. It sounds like you are looking for excuses everywhere.
Hmm?

Sorry, I am not your enemy.

Rather, blather, I am just another dude giving his opinion, a common opinion, I believe.

Be out.
Be angry.

You do have a long road to travel to find any happiness.
As, do many.

You are not alone, in this, your journey.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
12,483 Posts
I'm out, too.

Men can never win this (battle between the sexes) argument, nor should they try.

We are what we are, and should make the best of what we are.

.....................................................................................
Hang in there @Lake life.

What you are witnessing here, uh, you are witnessing at home.
Methinks.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Rather, blather, I am just another dude giving his opinion, a common opinion, I believe.
opinion about fragile female egos.

Don't you see how condensending this is?

Try to read more stories here, you will see these "sensitive" women, who have to deal with ass..les every day, and tell them they are too sensitive.

·
Premium Member
12,483 Posts
Let me help...

Ladies often forget that men also have hormone issues. It goes this way with both, our bodies.
It does.

Males must deal with 'mainly', manly testosterone.

If a man has too much, think teenage boys, here, you have an edgy youth, sometimes explosive and horny as hell.

In middle age, most men have the correct balance.

They must.

They must soldier on. They need to shrug off all those setbacks and stresses that a middle age man will certainly face.

And they do.

In later life, maybe in his fifties, testosterone starts to drop off. Men with lower than expected levels become cranky, critical, lazy and some become hard to live with.

Other's become fatter, less fit, jolly, more friendly and more domestic.

Some don't.

Some fight that weaker feeling and try to gain back that dominant edge. They often take those frustrated feelings out on the wife and the dog.

I know, men say that women have hormone problems and make jokes about this all the time.
Har-de-har.....not!

Our body is basically, an electro-chemical factory, waddling around on two spindly legs.

All kinds of things can go wrong with our make-up. And it makes us go squirrely.

Oh, it is never us, it is always some other poor schlub.

Eh?

Me?

I refuse to get old.
And, I am slowly losing the battle.

THRD-

PS.
I own this Avatar but do NOT ascribe to every word written, under my guise.

Ignore The Typist and Gwendolyn.
They own their words, not me

Oh, do not criticize The Red Queen, you will pay for your insolence.
Um, yes.

·
Premium Member
12,483 Posts
@WandaJ ,

If you think we must continue to fight, let us arm wrestle.

I 'think' I can win that battle. :)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
@WandaJ ,

If you think we must continue to fight, let us arm wrestle.

I 'think' I can win that battle. :)
no, let's stop it. I don't want that fight. have a good day. just don't dismiss women't feelings due to their hormone, it won't be well taken:)

Reactions: SunCMars

·
Premium Member
12,483 Posts
Whew!

Brer Rabbit got out of Mrs. McGregors garden patch without getting skinned alive! :whistle:

The Typist-

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Whew!

Brer Rabbit got out of Mrs. McGregors garden patch without getting skinned alive! :whistle:

The Typist-
I thought I might add. I know the lashing out is a common form of dysfunction for different reasons.
I learned this during marriage counseling 20+ years ago with my x wife.
She never changed.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Maybe.

All I know is that what I want to get across is never malicious or ill willed. I don’t mean to be rude and I don’t notice it when I do it. It’s just frustrating when it’s always picked apart and made a really big deal. To me, it’s making a mole hill into a mountain. Especially if the person knows my intent. I am not excusing my behavior. But sometimes things just need to be dropped. Especially if someone is super stressed or had a really bad day.

If people are constantly doing this I agree that’s a big deal.

People end relationships with people over many things. If this is something that is a deal breaker to the OP, then I get it. But not everyone is perfect.
You know my line in the sand. The things likely to be dropped in case of abuse of any kind are:
The partner.
The relationship.
The plans for the future.
When you've been where I've been you will understand.

·
Premium Member
12,483 Posts
You know my line in the sand. The things likely to be dropped in case of abuse of any kind are:
The partner.
The relationship.
The plans for the future.
When you've been where I've been you will understand.
Oh, my!

We ladies won again!
We got you to leave!

Gwendolyn-

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is it possible you are bringing it out of her? I'm not blaming you since I don't know the whole story, but every guy I met who would say "My exes are all crazy" turned out to be the reason they were going nuts- he was very disrespectful and triggered them to a point they started to respond in a less than calm manner.

You can break up with her if you want, but if this is a recurring theme in the future, think about why they let loose like that, and if it's in response to something you keep doing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Starting with my x wife and most of the women I’ve dated at some point ( I’m about to end a 1yr relationship)
Think they can blame me for something then fly off the handle and think I’m going to put up with it .This has happened on several occasions. Lashing out for no good reason.
Is every woman like this ?
Is this what happens when the “crazy starts to leak out of the box “
I’m really disappointed, sad , hurt ,
Even a little mad. I thought I found the woman of my dreams.
Now a whole year wasted. Life is short.
Is there a good stable woman out there ? I’m at a loss.
I think you'll find that by about the one year mark the true person is coming out. Blame shifting is very common with women as is never apologising, as in their mind, they're perfect. You may have asked a question which made them feel uncomfortable so they've turned it around on you and cracked it at you and guess what it's all your fault. Meanwhile they're probably hiding something they don't want you to know. I find it funny to read responses on here from women essentially blaming you for the other woman's behaviour. We're all equally responsible for our own behaviour.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
I'm always leery of people who claim to work with [insert any negative adjective here]; claiming that they always work harder than anyone else; who wants to change the rules of engagement / the end point, especially when it's obvious that they're behind. People who say that they hate losing is also dangerous territory.

·
Registered
285 Posts
There are plenty of very nice, not verbally abusive, women out there. Just as there are plenty of very nice, not abusive, men in the dating world. But to find a good partner, you have to be:
  • really looking for a good partner
  • ready and able to be a good partner
  • actively saying "no" to the ones who aren't right for you.
Quoting this because it is perfect. Read it over and over again until it sinks in.

Lake, be honest with yourself. First you say there were no issues. Oh, but then, there were 2 instances of her bad behavior where she apologized and you thought maybe she would get better. Oh, but here you are on unacceptable incident #3! Are you saying "No" to moving on and finding a good partner? Doesn't look like it. Instead you are here complaining and saying you're not ready to make a decision. Hell, you even acknowledge you wasted far too much time going through this with your exwife and yet here you are! Putting up with it again!

Do you seriously believe it's going to be different this time? Twice your girlfriend has been extended your grace and failed to change. She's not even apologizing this time because she knows you will keep dating her even if she doesn't take responsibility for the outburst. Here you are - still dating her with no concrete plans of breaking up. Do you see this pattern starts and ends with YOUR choices? Not hers. Not your exwife's. Not any other exgirlfriend's. They didn't hold a gun to your head and force you to stay with them despite them treating you like crap over and over again. You made that choice. Take some accountability this time. If you sincerely want to stop being verbally abused, BREAK UP with this verbal abuser and break up with the next one and the next one until you find a healthy partner. 6 months is nothing if that's how long you spend to learn your new girlfriend is just like the rest of them. The only thing worth than staying 6 months with an emotionally abusive partner is spending 6 months and 1 minute with them. Step up and make it end today. Stop wasting your time.

81 - 100 of 116 Posts