Talk About Marriage banner

821 - 828 of 828 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Sigh.

DD1 is an exceptional baker. No surprise a good part of her first paycheck went into a kitchenaid mixer :). She learned to be thorough, deliberate, research, follow directions, adapt if needed (making lady fingers from scratch... Ouch) and learn from your mistakes.

Those are skills far more useful than putting air in your tires. She learned that eventually as well.

Her studio apartment was always immaculate, even with a cat roaming around. I had to walk her through things like cleaning the oven without harsh chemicals, but she's a quick learner.

Instead of teaching useless skills, I prefer to teach critical thinking skills and where to find information
Everyone has their own experience and approach when it comes to parenting. There is nothing wrong with the bolded.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Will it be a deal breaker? I don't think so.
Considering the number of threads started by guys on TAM about lazy entitled wives? Hmm. But regardless, that's for the future husbands to decide what is a deal breaker for them. It may or may not be.

I also find it very interesting how "American thinking" and American values are evidently so distasteful. And yet, both daughters will be attending American universities where they'll learn American thinking from Americans?

I'm as liberal as the day is long, but there's something to be said for talking so poorly about people while happily utilizing other people's money to one's own ends.

·
Registered
17,292 Posts
I also find it very interesting how "American thinking" and American values are evidently so distasteful. And yet, both daughters will be attending American universities where they'll learn American thinking from Americans?
Not necessarily distasteful. More like unfocused :)

·
Premium Member
17,837 Posts
http://talkaboutmarriage.com/16411242-post725.html
http://talkaboutmarriage.com/16411242-post725.html

What the hell was wrong with that?

Is it possible?

Then you went off on me. So what the hell is wrong with asking a question like that?! Are you so offended by someone even suggesting that some wives might expect a man to help out around the home that you can't handle the question?

I'm sure there are some wives who would expect a husband to do the majority of the housework. Who would they be? Wives who have stay at home dads.

This is surreal. What's wrong with you?!

I guess it's expected...what does that mean? Let's see. I guess a wife expects her husband to help out around the home.

You want to complain more about that?

Duh....

·
Administrator
42,509 Posts
What the hell was wrong with that?

Is it possible?

Then you went off on me. So what the hell is wrong with asking a question like that?! Are you so offended by someone even suggesting that some wives might expect a man to help out around the home that you can't handle the question?

I'm sure there are some wives who would expect a husband to do the majority of the housework. Who would they be? Wives who have stay at home dads.

This is surreal. What's wrong with you?!

I guess it's expected...what does that mean? Let's see. I guess a wife expects her husband to help out around the home.

You want to complain more about that?

Duh....
Who is this addressing?

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
I'm sorry this thread exists. (Not a response to the posts immediately above.)

Lots of attempts to apply generalizations to specific circumstances that one is not personally familiar with. It seems generally (heh), the generalizations in play here are based on small sample sizes, acquired during the most trying and sad and angering parts of one's life -- not always the easiest circumstances to maintain objectivity.

I've heard claims wars have been started to distract the masses from truth. I suppose gender wars, and class wars, and wars based made up facts about what others have done, are doing, or are destined to do in the future are sometimes too.

821 - 828 of 828 Posts