Talk About Marriage banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
The wife has a biblical reason to end the marriage, he’s an adulterer.
I’m not an adulterer I’ve committed adultery!
Desire is not meant to be a slot machine... all you do is gamble away all self-respect in your search for the attachment du jour jackpot.

What are your odds of losing everything?

If she were the one behaving as you have, what advice would you be asking here?
yea I left so much out of the story. But thanks. I should have wrote more things but I hear you. Thanks

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
I’m not an adulterer I’ve committed adultery!
yea I left so much out of the story. But thanks. I should have wrote more things but I hear you. Thanks

/QUOTE]
Errr, dictionary definition of an adulterer is "a person who commits adultery." Why are you splitting hairs and for a period of 5 years too, please, getting rid of denial is the first step to healing and salvation. Until you deal with YOUR problems, and stop denying the ****ty stuff you have done and that you need to sort yourself, then you can forget about everything else. Do a 12 step program or something.
Your wife has serious issues if she is still staying with you, obviously co-dependent and has little self worth. You both need separate counselling and a divorce.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
Right. It takes two. I’m not here cause she’s been a angel and I want out. I’m here because we both have issues and I do everything I can to get right....rehab fasting accountability sex addict meetings everything.....while she just sits back pointing the finger like she doesn’t have anything to do with the way the marriage is instead I gotta fix it cause it’s ALL my fault. Which ok cool I take that and I do just that but after awhile it becomes exhausting ya no and no therapist every wants to tell her she needs to tighten up on somethings too. And when we find a therapist that does tell her some of this is her fault she don’t like them and doesn’t want to see them again. So yea it’s a lot of stuff ya no. And I’m just at a point to where I’m tired of fighting alone.

and the grass is greener where you water it. So I don’t believe in that whole cliche statement. I just want to make the right choice cause honesty if she can humble herself and work on the issues she brings to the marriage then I’d freaking love to be with her and be a testimony for marriages around the world ...but I don’t think she will ever feel the need to fix her issues.
Reading this is exactly how a person who has not faced the reality of his ****ty character is. You cannot change anyone else, you should not be pointing fingers at anyone else, what are you doing to clean up your side of the street.
Has your wife been addicted to drugs?
Has your wife been addicted to sex?
Has your wife cheated on you?
I think you just need someone to blame for your ****ty behaviour, the only thing your wife is guilty off is trying to hold a family together when you let her down over and over, and not dumping your sorry ass asap.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm curious to know what your parents were like. What sort of relationship did they have when you were young? What role models were you given of men and women and how they interact as partners?

61 - 64 of 64 Posts