Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,737 Posts
Ok. I am going to give you the perspective from the other side.
I spent many years being verbally angry with my H. I never called him a loser and stuff but my words were pretty harsh.
I went to anger management. It helped only a little.

I saw a Psych and was diagnosed with Bipolar II (not quite as bad as regular BP but irritability is a BIG part of it) and was put on appropriate medication.

Honestly what would have helped would have been what the folks here are suggesting. Please don't misunderstand. I am not blaming my husband for my terrible behaviour. But I would have straightened up hard if he had drawn his line in the sand, packed his bags and thrown divorce papers on the table. Even if it was temporary.

I had a similar situation with a friend who had endured me for several years before my diagnosis. She drew the line and tossed me out of her life when I stepped over it. I was devastated. But I grew up and took responsibility for my actions. We are still friends to this day.

People will treat you a certain way until you toughen up and put your foot down. Demand respect by enforcing consequences. Do the 180. Educate yourself on how to handle your son's feelings in this situation. You have very little to lose at this point. Except your dignity and self-respect.
Thank you for sharing..

We are all made differently. Admitting that, and accepting that is just one hurdle. A big one.

Life is one long hurdle race. Most trip over some bars, rarely, over all of them.

KB-

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jMlFXouPk8

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
She needs to get on something specifically for the PMDD, if she is diagnosed with it. Prozac or Sarafem (same drug different dosing regimens) seems to be the go-to, at least to start out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Are Prozac or Sarafem the go to drugs for PMDD? I thought the Metformin helps the most with hormonal imbalance. What type of doctor should I go to for PMDD? Also, what do you suggest I ask the doctor if I go to the appointment. I have tried to inquire about PMDD with our general physician, and he prescribed the Metformin, and sertraline (Zoloft) but, he did not prescribe Prozac or Sarafem. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Sounds like your physician is well versed. Metformin shrinks the cysts and Zoloft is often the drug of choice in women. Zoloft is indicated for PMDD in some countries.
Report back to Dr.
Drugs not working.
Next steps: Endocrinologist and/or Gynaecologist with focus on PMS/PMDD

21 - 24 of 24 Posts