Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been married for 29 years. I threw him out because I couldn't take the lies and him cheating on me. It was with 1 woman for 3 years. He moved in with his stepsister, but moved in right after that with his "mistress". I have been seeing someone for the last couple of months and he is a great guy. He is not like my soon to be ex at all. In fact, when I would cry over my husband, he would hold me and tell me it would all be okay. All i know is I want to stop feeling for my husband. He is in my thoughts daily and I just want rid of them. I know I have a man now who really loves me, would never cheat on me, and would do anything for me so why can't I just be happy instead of dwelling on the past? I hate that my husband is still in my thoughts...because he doesn't deserve to be in them. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get my ex out of my head? Thanks so much. Also I just wanted to say my ex never treated me well, spent way to much money we didn't have and I was no longer really attracted to him physically, so why do I think about him so much...maybe it is a "I don't want you" issue.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Are you in counseling? Or at least some kind of divorce care group?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was in counseling, but it didn't seem to be helping. I have tried a number of counselors and none of them helped. I know I am better off without him, and I don't want to think about him, but so many things remind me of him...it drives me insane.

·
Registered
589 Posts
You were married for 29 years, that won't go away overnight. Those feelings need to be worked thru. If you weren't happy with the counselors then perhaps reading some "relationship" self help books would be a good start.

A word of caution about jumping in to another serious relationship so soon after the demise of your marriage. You need to heal so you have something to give. Without healing it will be difficult to not bring the old resentments to the new relationship.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really don't have any resentments. I know men are men, but I don't believe they are all cheaters. My husband was raised in a family where his father cheated on his mother all the time...so i knew deep in my heart it was going to happen sooner or later. Now me on the other hand was raised in a family where my dad loved my mom dearly and would have never cheated on her, and I am also a very faithful person and would never do that to someone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.