Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why are women attracted to "Bad Boys"? Another corrections officer helps a killer escape.

I actually worked in a "treatment center" (more like a reform school) for emotionally disturbed teens for seven years, and there were several women fired for having relations with students. I saw no men fired for that. Also as a teacher for 50 years I saw the same thing happening with female teachers, actually more than I did with men.

Why does this seem to be happening more often these days?

Casey White escape: Timeline for Alabama murder suspect on the run with corrections officer | Fox News

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I think there is a certain thrill and excitement to bad boys. they are not boring like 'nice guys'. they also project a lot of confidence and to many women that's sexy.
with bad boys, adventure awaits. one of my best friends was a bad boy biker dude. he even sealed his street cred, having spent time in the big house. the thing is, he attracted
professional women. most (not all) of his gf's were straight well dressed professional women. another buddy of mine was a bad boy too. he could pick up a nice girl almost
any time and anywhere he wanted.

i'm not close to being a bad boy, and as a matter of fact, my ex cheated on me with a bad boy. i get the attraction.

·
Premium Member
3,515 Posts
This is my statement and I stand by it:

Girls are attracted to bad boys. Women are attracted to men.

If the women in your life are chasing bad boys, they need to grow up. When they do, they'll see bad boys for what they are.

That's the thing with the focus on younger women. Along with that 26 year old butt they have a 26 year old brain. 😉 🤣

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Because they're interesting and fun for starters. Also, because they are often more confident and masculine. These days, it seems every other guy you run into is just some hardcore simp with no confidence or self esteem to speak of. They think that by constantly kissing a woman's behind and telling her how pretty she is that she should wanna have sex with him. It generally has the opposite effect.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts

If the women in your life are chasing bad boys, they need to grow up. When they do, they'll see bad boys for what they are.

That's the thing with the focus on younger women. Along with that 26 year old butt they have a 26 year old brain. 😉 🤣
Unfortunately by the time they do grow up that have 3 kids by 3 different fathers and are looking for someone to help

·
Registered
8,817 Posts

I agree with that being mostly true.
When I was young and single and still on the wrong side of the tracks so to speak there were a lot of 30 to 40yo women that reached out aggressively for a good time. Maybe there are two groups, the younger girls for one reason(s) and the older for different reasons.

I don't know.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
I’ve dated a few bad guys (narcissist types) and the connection at least for me, was the volatile relationship I had with my dad. My dad is one of those type A perfectionists, difficult to please, and was harsh on me growing up so that was the type I was sometimes, attracted to. (Because I guess I wanted that “type” to accept me since it reminded me of my father.)

Not to say you can’t pick toxic people to date if you have the best of childhoods, but I think for me at least, this was the case. My dad asked for my forgiveness roughly 7 years ago and since, things have been much better between us.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
I’ve dated a few bad guys (narcissist types) and the connection at least for me, was the volatile relationship I had with my dad. My dad is one of those type A perfectionists, difficult to please, and was harsh on me growing up so that was the type I was sometimes, attracted to. (Because I guess I wanted that “type” to accept me since it reminded me of my father.)

Not to say you can’t pick toxic people to date if you have the best of childhoods, but I think for me at least, this was the case. My dad asked for my forgiveness roughly 7 years ago and since, things have been much better between us.
I understand this completely. Sometimes it's hard to break the cycle

·
Registered
20,378 Posts
Because they're interesting and fun for starters. Also, because they are often more confident and masculine. These days, it seems every other guy you run into is just some hardcore simp with no confidence or self esteem to speak of. They think that by constantly kissing a woman's behind and telling her how pretty she is that she should wanna have sex with him. It generally has the opposite effect.
I'm a softy grandpa these days but I use to be a bad boy.

I can add my two cents but have to travel today.

I think you have some points here and @jorgegene is spot on about the women that were interested.

·
Premium Member
12,183 Posts
Unfortunately by the time they do grow up that have 3 kids by 3 different fathers and are looking for someone to help
I don't, and I was a bad girl. No man has ever paid a bill for me either, and I never asked.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm not close to being a bad boy, and as a matter of fact, my ex cheated on me with a bad boy. i get the attraction.
On the bright side, at least you're not waking up every morning to the sight of that beaver faced guard looking back at you. Now he's stuck with her no matter what. :eek:

I would rather have stayed in jail and woken up to my toilet with no toilet seat.

·
Premium Member
8,410 Posts
I think there is something about someone who DGAF in some cases.

It’s mischievous and fun. My wife is so nice and good, but sometimes I think she wants the excitement of being bad. If you don’t want to do it yourself then why not have your partner who does it and then you watch and go “tee hee”.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Girls are attracted to bad boys. Women are attracted to men
True.
Or should be true.

If this happens while "being in my life" she would have better conditions to "see bad boys for what they are" without the softening limbo of also having me around.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts