Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was pondering this the other day. Who have you seen during your life that is a celebrity or famous person? I don't mean like at a concert or something. Up close and personal. All but one of mine were chance encounters.

Here's my list

1. Jackie Gleason
2. Bryan Adams
3. John Couger
4. Donald & Keifer Sutherland
5. Wynona Ryder
6. Joanna Cassidy
7. Mariette Hartley
8. The Jonas Brothers (lol)

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
apart from lots of appalling British z-list celebrities who none of you have ever heard of, I have had a cigarette with Sean Bean outside a pub (he borrowed my lighter, he looks rough as f*ck in the flesh) and sat at the next table to Orlando Bloom in a Frankie & Benny's at Gatwick airport

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
The boys from ZZtop went to concert in san antonio afterwards me and the wife were walking thru the parking lot and Billy Gibbons was standing outside of motorhome i said Hi he said Hi etc and i talked to him about his surgury that he had.

Henry Rollins - went to see henry at Trees in dallas his motorhome was parked in front and he invited me and my wife in and we talked about politics and dallas really cool guy

Ted Nugent- see him often he visits a local steak house that we go to

was out partying one night when i was younger late 80s and meet Tony Dorsett, Doug Cosby and several other Dallas Cowboys got Tony's number and went out clubbing a few times with him cool guy

David Hulse - Texas Ranger baseball player meet him and his wife thru mutual friend often sent me ball game tickets

Jackie Bibby - Rattlesnake Republic tv star

Several european djs such as Armin Vanbuuren etc -I used to dj and would make mixes and some where picked up by armada music

·
Registered
19,464 Posts
apart from lots of appalling British z-list celebrities who none of you have ever heard of, I have had a cigarette with Sean Bean outside a pub (he borrowed my lighter, he looks rough as f*ck in the flesh) and sat at the next table to Orlando Bloom in a Frankie & Benny's at Gatwick airport
Posted via Mobile Device

Sean Bean is cool. I really like his acting style. He's a diehard rugby man if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
Gabrielle Union - During Carnival parties
Jay- Z - During Carnival season parties
Queen Latifa - During Carnival Season parties
Sir Richard Branson - During Carnival celebrations. Never met him.,but he was in close range,surrounded by ladies .

Nikki Minaj - [She recently filmed a music video down here.]

Usually lots of celebs come here annually for our Carnival parties / celebrations, and they can be spotted at various events sans security and media detail.
Really cool.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Steve Young, Elton John's Partner, the cast of thirty something when I was a kid they were filming on a pier in Cali. A lot off singers and bands. Use to work security for a local arena here. Oh my ex boy friend almost backed over Tim McGraw (how ever his name is spelled) while dropping me off at that arena. Lots of basket ball players as well. It was a great job to because I got to see and speak with a lot of famous people.
The fact that my grandfather sat in a burger joint with Mr johnny Depp him self and did not call me really burns my buns. It was while he was filming out on the salt falts.

·
Registered
628 Posts
oh sorry we are now fighting about foot ball.....I do not want to participate in this debate so I am out of here....lol

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
at the risk of repeating myself it's not football if you play it primarily with your hands and everyone else on the planet calls it football so stick that in yer pipe and smoke it!
:iagree:

WTF do these guys know about " Le Futbol?'

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Damn...nice list by some of you.

I saw Fran Tarkenton (ex NFL QB) walking through an airport.

I was a waiter in college, and one night I served Archie Manning (ex NFL QB), his wife and 3 young sons (Peyton, Eli and Cooper). Should have asked all of them to sign a napkin or something.:slap:

I walked up on St. Charles St. before a Mardi Gras parade started, and saw a mountain of a man standing alone. When I got closer I saw it was John Goodman.

·
Premium Member
24,457 Posts
so back in the 80's shortly after graduating from HS and prior to entering other phases of my life, I was a sky cap in an airport. Along comes Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and he wants help checking his bags in, "sure, I say" Ok... set the scene a 5'9" guy trying to keep ahead of a 7'2" giant, :rofl: Needless to say he was very nice and a generous tipper.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.