Talk About Marriage banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,035 Posts
I'm with her. Been through the full on menopause and can relate.
I usually have to go to sleep with my feet outside the covers because I get that hot feet or hot legs thing. I should be well past menopause but I still just wake up too hot a lot.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
My master bedroom (or "primary bedroom" as we have to call it now) has a screened in deck so either way we're both sleeping near a door. I sleep next to the exterior door and she is next to the interior door, for several reasons:
  • She doesn't like being near the exterior door in case someone climbs 16' and breaks in.
  • She is the one to get up with the kids most of the time.
  • Her side is closer to the bathroom, and she has been pregnant a bazillion times.
  • She doesn't want a baby/babies near the window if it's open with a cool breeze.
  • She doesn't want a baby/babies or their bassinet near the window due to late night baby snatchers.
But if she's pregnant and in the hormonally hot stage, she sometimes switches sides to be near the window (if it's cold outside). Hormones outweigh creepers who could break in.

We switch sides at the lake, and she sleeps next to the door because:
  • She wakes up as the ass crack of dawn and the bed is against the wall, so she doesn't want to climb over me.
  • A playpen or two is beside the bed and she needs easy access (no baby snatchers at the lake).

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Why not master?
Is this a PC thing that I'm behind the times on?

Seems like a bedroom is an appropriate place to hear the word 'master'
Something to do with slaves...

Edit... First site that came up:

"If you wake up in your “master bedroom” — you are apparently not woke.

Following the lead of several U.S. realty groups, the Toronto Regional Real Estate Board last week announced it would stop using “master” citing the word’s ties to slavery as well as racist and sexist connotations.

Instead, the word “primary” will be used when describing the main or principal bedroom in homes, the CBC reported.

“What this will mean for the consumer and realtors is that property listings will now reference ‘primary’ where it used to reference ‘master’ as the main or principal bedroom,” TRREB President Lisa Patel said in a statement.

The US has seen a reckoning over the term “master bedroom” over the past year in the wake of George Floyd’s death and the resulting Black Lives Matter protests."

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Something to do with slaves...

Edit... First site that came up:

"If you wake up in your “master bedroom” — you are apparently not woke.

Following the lead of several U.S. realty groups, the Toronto Regional Real Estate Board last week announced it would stop using “master” citing the word’s ties to slavery as well as racist and sexist connotations.

Instead, the word “primary” will be used when describing the main or principal bedroom in homes, the CBC reported.

“What this will mean for the consumer and realtors is that property listings will now reference ‘primary’ where it used to reference ‘master’ as the main or principal bedroom,” TRREB President Lisa Patel said in a statement.

The US has seen a reckoning over the term “master bedroom” over the past year in the wake of George Floyd’s death and the resulting Black Lives Matter protests."

Wow

41 - 48 of 48 Posts