Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want out of my abusive marriage but I currently have no where else to go. I have a daughter and I don't want her to continue to see this negative pattern in a relationship. I have no family members around that I can go stay with, a shelter in my area is not an option.

To make matters worse, my self esteem, depression, and anxiety have taken its toll on me and I can't picture myself working. Don't get me wrong, I know that working is something I will have to do! Thing is I can't get a job if I spend my days crying.

I know it sounds reversed, but I wish I had a place to go to get away and then pull myself together so I can get a job and be independent once again. I swore I would never let someone take my independence away, but it happened slowly and I didn't see it coming.

Where do I go?

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
To make matters worse, my self esteem, depression, and anxiety have taken its toll on me and I can't picture myself working. Don't get me wrong, I know that working is something I will have to do! Thing is I can't get a job if I spend my days crying.
You will never find a job if you stay at home crying all day.

Put your resume together and start looking for a job.

File for divorce. If you are entitled to it, file for marital/child support in the interim.

GET
A
JOB

never depend on anyone financially. It's bad news.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
You will never find a job if you stay at home crying all day.

Put your resume together and start looking for a job.

File for divorce. If you are entitled to it, file for marital/child support in the interim.

GET
A
JOB

never depend on anyone financially. It's bad news.
I just read this somewhere on this site:

If you are not financially independent, you are not really independent.

·
Registered
761 Posts
First let me say how sorry I am that your going through this!! I hope that you will be able to find the strength and determination to get out of an abusive relationship and to do something about your depression. Please see a physician as soon as you can. be honest, tell them whats going on and that you want to have the streangth to make a better life for you and your children. to do that you will have to:
1: seperate from you husband, how do you know that its not what he needs also instead of you beong a co-enabler. He needs to learn how to be a real man a real husband.
2: get on and anti-depression medication
3: look up batterd womans help orgizations that would be willing to help you. they help with a resume, work wardrob, transportation and other needs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.