Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
1,458 Posts
Exwife was a date set up through someone who knew both of us.

She felt so bad when the marriage went down the tubes but I said we got 2 great kids and the better part of 20 years out of it so it's ok.

As I was saying that though I was thinking I wish I never met her.

·
Registered
622 Posts

She felt so bad when the marriage went down the tubes but I said we got 2 great kids and the better part of 20 years out of it so it's ok.

Reactions: aine

·
Banned
1,458 Posts
Do they have to be real answers?

I thought of a good one.

I was riding my horse one day and heard muffled screams and I galloped towards the sound and found a beautiful maiden tied to the railroad tracks just as I heard a train whistle in the distance. I jumped off my horse and cut the ropes with my knife and pulled her to freedom with less than a second to spare!

She was incredibly grateful, and after that BJ I knew I was going to marry this girl.

·
Banned
6,244 Posts

Two girls?

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
October 1999 at a goth club/bar in Detroit. He was talking to my friend, I looked up and saw him, it was love at first sight. I told my friend to introduce me and the rest is history.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I was sitting at my aunt's window, I looked down and there was this guy looking up at me. It seemed like he was studying me. Which he later admitted to. It took about 6 months for him to ask me out and a three months before I said yes to a date. We were married within a year. 24 years of later and our story keeps getting better.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
At first....in a midlife crisis chat room....wondering what to do with our stbx's.

About a year later....IRL....in Jackson, Ms. which was about halfway for each of us. That was 11 years ago. Seems like yesterday.

·
Registered
16,580 Posts
Let's see!

XW#1- Met her on a skiing trip in Colorado. She wasn't skiing, I was! That led to a very long Houston-Omaha airline relationship which lasted 2-1/2 years!

XW#2(RSXW)- Met her online on a site called Matchmaker Houston! I lived south of town, she lived some 70 miles away in the far reaches of NW Houston! This lasted nearly 2 years!

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
There was this one day at band camp that I found out that some girl in the brass line had a crush on me. I could not figure out who she was for the longest time until one day I bribed a friend in the color guard with some pizza to give me a hint. I figured out who she was and became her secret admirer via written notes I would leave in her trombone case.

I did NOT know but in reality the drummers were punking me, and this girl HATED me and thought I was super annoying. They were the ones that spread the rumor that she had a crush on me. Awkwardly enough through my notes the two of us discovered we had similar interests and she started liking me through as her secret admirer. Thinking she had a crush on me gave me the confidence to go up to her one day and finally ask her out. She got SO upset, because she thought it was not for real and that my notes all that time had been a joke as part of my annoying personality, so she slapped the bejesus out of me. When this happened I fell down and did over $1000 in damage to a school owned instrument, and we both got called into the office of the band director to explain what had really happened.

Long story short we've been married happily ever after! The reason she HATED me and though I was annoying was because the drummers were stealing the mountain dews from her lunches and blaming me!

·
Banned
1,345 Posts
The ex wife was a friend of my roommate's friend. Thanks a-hole!

Met my current G/F of 10 months on POF. So far, best thing ever! Find myself looking at what kind of rock $7K buys, so maybe I'll do it again soon.

·
Premium Member
4,169 Posts
We met in person for the first time at BWI airport after carrying on an online romance for a couple of months.

·
Registered
357 Posts
My late wife and I were introduced by our math teacher.

Me a young geek with no social skills

Her (8 years older) needed help with her new Apple Iie

According to her; see called me one night asking for help with a program she was writing. I supposedly told her that I learned everything I know from certain books. She should read a few of them.

If someone had told either of us that three years later we were going to marry, we both would have told them their f’nig nuts.

We had 14 years together, three dating & 11 married.

·
Registered
357 Posts
My now wife was good friends with my late wife. We used to meet with a group of friends to all play cards and catch up once a month. One night I walked in on the two of them talking, and my wife said to her friend “You can have him when I’m gone.”. It sounded like they were sharing a joke about me.

About two years after her passing, we started dating.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
His sister married my uncle. Met him at the wedding. My sister married his first cousin (they met just before the same wedding)

Uncle and his sister are divorced now, us and my sister and first cousin are still going.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.