Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ours doesn't go up until after Thanksgiving. :)

But I was listening to the radio this morning and they said some have already put theirs up! :eek: :wtf: It's just too soon for me. I like to enjoy each holiday in it's entirety. I don't want to be eating Thanksgiving turkey with a Christmas tree glowing in the other room! :rofl:

Next...

·
Registered
811 Posts
I used to wait until the first weekend in December but the past couple of years we did it T'giving weekend. Don't take it down until at least New Years day.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I always wait until after Thanksgiving - like SB I prefer one Holiday at a time. And it usually comes down around New Year's - depends on what I'm doing. I'll probably leave it up until kiddo comes back from her Dad's so first weekend in January.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
It was always a tradition for us to put the tree up Thanksgiving afternoon (along with all other decorations). Things will be different this year though. We are in my mother's house now. I see no empty spaces for a tree! Yikes!

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Depends. Some years I do it thanksgiving weekend and others I prefer to do it before just to get it done with. In my defense it always comes down the day after Christmas.

This year with hubby being out of town I will do it before. He will be home thanksgiving weekend and that's the last thing I want do on his few days home.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Since XMas falls on a Tuesday, maybe that Saturday before. And I'm not going within 4 miles of any mall past the 15th of THIS month.

·
Registered
102 Posts
we will put ours up after Thanksgiving

it cracks me up though that a local radio station is already 100% Christmas music.

Trees, music, whatever - it's a bit too early folks!

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
The day after Thanksgiving because I insist. I just love our tree. I want it in our family room as long as possible. It is 18 years old, a fake tree but it is gorgeous and it sparkles. I love Christmas. The most gorgeous sight is turning off all the other lights in the house and just having the lights on the tree on. Nothing can come close to it.

·
Premium Member
26,496 Posts
Speaking of Christmas Trees... pulled up this pic dated back to December 2002. That would have made my youngest son 1 yr and 4 mo at the time. Both of the paintings in the background were painted by my MIL... married into a family of artist and musicians.

Did not trim that long extension off the top... wife said she wanted the star to stick up high.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
We usually put ours up about 2 weeks before Xmas.
This year will be very special as last year H and I were separated and it was a very difficult time. This year we are all back together and things are good. Really looking forward to a family Xmas!
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.