Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When did you take off your wedding ring?

Just curious as to when the users here took off their wedding ring. When you seperated? When someone moved out? After the divorce? or somewhere in between?

Any regrets to taking it off or not taking it off?

J

·
0 Posts
I told my wife, in a fit of rage over her behavior, that I'm done hurting and we were over. Sadly, its still on my finger hoping she will act like a normal human being and not a cheating lieing person she is right now.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I took mine off when my husband finally admitted he was only wearing his so people wounldnt ask questions. I told him if that was the only reason he was wearing it to stop wearing it. I stopped wearing mine about two days later.

So I guess my answer is when you feel it appropriate to not wear it anymore.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I wore mine for a few weeks after separation. Then removed it and put it in my wallet. A year or two later, while cleaning my wallet, I put it in the dresser drawer.

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
I have never owned one ever, than again I rarely wear any jewery anyways, and for years the types of jobs I had the clothes and or jewerly I wore could hurt or even kill me. But I am years away from those jobs and just never got into it. If my wife ever got one for me I'd wear it for her.

draconis

·
Registered
58 Posts
I took mine off when I decided to seperate/divorce my husband. I just knew after 8 years we were done based on certain events!

I initiated the seperation September 15th. Rings came off Around Sept 19th. My husband moved out October 14th. Still today, not wearing it.

If you are not sure about where the direction of your relationship is going, don't take it off. Or at least keep it near you like dcrim did.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I took my off about a year ago, or something. Chucked it out the car window. We weren't/aren't separated or divorced.

No regrets about it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I took my off about a year ago, or something. Chucked it out the car window. We weren't/aren't separated or divorced.

No regrets about it.
WOW no way I am chucking mine out the window!!! To many diamonds LOL

It will make a nice something or another at some point =)

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
mine has been on and off more than i can think in the last 13 years.
but i have always kept it close at hand.
usually took it off when it felt right to or i was ready to let go.
this is an individual and personal feeling that affects ppl in different ways.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My husband snuck out of the house after 30 years of marriage. When I found out he was living with another woman I took my rings off. These were not my actual wedding and engagement rings but "upgrades". After thinking about it awhile, I put the diamond solitaire back on just because I like it. I thought it was a shame to keep it in the drawer just because my husband is acting like an idiot.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
My husband snuck out of the house after 30 years of marriage. When I found out he was living with another woman I took my rings off. These were not my actual wedding and engagement rings but "upgrades". After thinking about it awhile, I put the diamond solitaire back on just because I like it. I thought it was a shame to keep it in the drawer just because my husband is acting like an idiot.
same finger, or did you move it?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I wear mine around a chain on my neck... It hasn't fit on my finger in years... She doesn't know I still wear it but means to much for me to take if off even though my marriage is most likely over...

·
Registered
36 Posts
No - we are not back together. After over two months he still does not have the nerve to actually speak to me or see me - will only email. I alternate the ring with some other ones I have - so now to me it is just a piece of jewerly. We got it in the Bahamas on vacation a couple of years ago - in happier times - and I just happen to really like it. I do not wear it with the diamond band I have like I used to though.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
WOW no way I am chucking mine out the window!!! To many diamonds LOL

It will make a nice something or another at some point =)
to me the ring was symbolic of our commitment. when he violated that commitment the ring became worthless to me, monetarily and otherwise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am separated. Been so for a month. I have come to the agreement with myself that I will not take off my ring until I loose the Hope in trying to fix my marriage. Or if I end up getting mad one night and end up chucking it out the window.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mine came off as soon as I KNEW there was no chance of reconciliation. The seperation process did not start out as my choice, but based on knowledge I have now, there is no chance of working out the marriage. No regrets on not wearing the ring. Gonna sell it. Need the money.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took mine off a couple of weeks ago. To me, it represents broken promises and living a lie and I just don't want to do that any more. We are trying to save our marriage and we are in counseling but I am tired of pretending that we are a happy couple when we are not. I may or may not put it back on at some point. I've thought of buying myself a simple wedding band and wearing it to remind myself that I can take care of myself since my husband doesn't.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'm separated for about five weeks now from my wife. She took hers off when she left. I'm wearing mine and had planned on wearing it until i got divorced. Seeing online photos of her out clubbing this week has caused me to rethink my ring philosophy.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.