Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
While not devoice but death, my wife of 11 years died in may 2002 we had been together for 19 years; I was 34. I was not planning on dating but someone from my past showed up in oct 2002 and I thought why not. That lasted for about 7 months was a wild train ride until I noticed that the bridge was out; crash and burn. I dated a few more but they went nowhere. I started dating my now wife in 2004 married in 2006.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was with my first husband for 23 years, and didnt even think of dating again for 4 years. For the next 2 years I very occasionally dated, and then met my now husband. I do think that most people jump far too soon into dating again, especially men.
I was with my ex (recently separated) for 15 years, married for 5 of the 15 years and we have a 1 year old together. We are both 31. Found out he was a serial cheater. We have been separted for 2 months and he now has a new girlfriend whom he has moved in with that is a 3.5 hour drive away from our son (he actually met this woman online while we were still together, she was unaware that he was married with child). I specifically asked him don't you think it would be wise to spend time on your own and really work on yourself? His response was she makes me happy. Even though I hate this guy I can't say that him moving on so quickly didn't hurt but then I remember all the sleazy things he did and then I am thankfully that he is no longer my problem.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was technically married for 9 years but we were separated for the whole last year of the marriage. When we separated I decided I wouldn't date until the divorce was final, no matter how long it took. The idea of dating before the divorce was finalized in court felt messy to me. It was 14 months between when we separated and when the divorce was finalized, and I started dating a few months later, so it was about 17 or 18 months total.

And, even when I started dating, it wasn't with the idea of finding another husband, but really just to enjoy myself, meet interesting men, and see what happened from there. I like sex a lot, but prefer to have it in the context of an exclusive and caring relationship. So, I was looking for the right person to have a relationship with but could sort of take it or leave it on living together or marriage.
Ditto, ditto, ditto all of the above for me. But a couple months into dating I met a great guy who I am still with now and it feels like we're building something good together, so that's worked out well!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts