Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Very quickly, but I was middle age, and really knew what I wanted and so did he.
We are mismatched in drive though, but nearly custom made for each other outside of that. It was quite awesome actually. By two months I definitely knew.
I am pretty sure I know what I want. I’m 24 and he’s 27. We both have had serious relationship before. I feel we compliment each other really well.

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
The first time I saw my wife she had her back to me.When she turned around I said to myself “that’s her” that’s the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with.
She told me later that as soon as she seen me that morning she knew we would end up together.
She still made me work to win her affection though lol.

·
Registered
12,653 Posts
Common, give us a play by play :grin2: What were you doing, what was she doing, what did you think, what did you say, what did she say, then what, then what, then what :grin2:
Ok. I was a 20 year old bad boy with fairly pretty looks.

I grew up very rough and I was planning on saving up to move to California with a friend to basically party, cause havoc and try not to get caught until I died. I didn't plan on making it to 30.

I don't know what it is about bad boys but women literally served themselves up. I had a lot of heartbreak earlier in life including a girl I really loved marrying someone else for all the wrong reasons.

So, there I was, content to ride around on my motorcycle, occasionally kicking some ass and occasionally sampling some with no real plan for a future.

I was working at a gas station in our small town when one day she walked in.

Our families actually knew each other but we hadn't seen each other since she was 23 and I was 12.

She started dating her future husband then and moved.

8 years later she waltzed into my store with a smile for me and I remember spying on her when she use to sunbathe topless.

Now up to this point I had been with roughly 60 women from all walks of life. They ranged from sweet girl next door types to truly wild women and even a model or two including a Budweiser girl and a 6'2" blonde Amazon. Though many of them were nice women and would have married me in a hot minute, I was a young, hardened wild man whose heart was untouchable.

So when she walked in my gas station, Sally Fields cute, 5' tall with her almost midnight dark eyes sparkling at me, no one was more surprised than me when my world literally tilted sideways, I felt like I was struck by lightning and I swear I heard God by my shoulder, tapping me and pointing at her saying "That's her."

Before I knew it, I was grinning like an idiot.

She walked up to me bold as daylight, still smiling and said "You sure got cute.". I responded with "And you've sure stayed cute.". I then did something I had never done before and asked her out for a date that night. All the other women had chased me but I couldn't control myself around her and had to have her.

She said yes so I got off work, got ready and picked her up to go to a local bar to play pool.

I don't play pool....

I had to win the table from this guy to play pool with my date and he kept kicking my ass.

$5 later, I think he felt sorry for me and let me win so I could play the table with my gal.

She kicked my ass too and smiled the whole time and I couldn't stop smiling either.

A serious heat was already between us and, after we played a few rounds, we kissed for the first time.

I was never kissed like that before. She molded her body right into mine and gave me everything.

I swear I could feel her body open to me and, to this day, I could feel children in that kiss.

We both knew we just ignited something that we couldn't stop and went directly from the bar to my bedroom.

What happened next was embarrassing for a bad boy with as much experience as I had.

I shook like a leaf, Like a scared virgin. I think it was because it was different with her. I knew it would be far more than sex that was about to happen.

We made it through the night and had a serious talk in the morning because we both knew gravity had shifted.

We committed to each other and screwed ourselves silly over the next week.

We had some ups and downs as well as a lot of work on both our parts but we are into our 28th year. We have two sons, two grandchildren and she still gets my motor running and drops her pants if I even hint I want her.

Weird and improbable as we looked on paper, we worked.

P.S. My friend was really pissed that I didn't go to California with him and even tried to seduce my then girlfriend to break us up. It didn't work of course and she told me right away.

I'm glad I didn't go, I'm glad I lived past 30 and I'm really glad I have a loving wife and family.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Ok. I was a 20 year old bad boy with fairly pretty looks.

I grew up very rough and I was planning on saving up to move to California with a friend to basically party, cause havoc and try not to get caught until I died. I didn't plan on making it to 30.

I don't know what it is about bad boys but women literally served themselves up. I had a lot of heartbreak earlier in life including a girl I really loved marrying someone else for all the wrong reasons.

So, there I was, content to ride around on my motorcycle, occasionally kicking some ass and occasionally sampling some with no real plan for a future.

I was working at a gas station in our small town when one day she walked in.

Our families actually knew each other but we hadn't seen each other since she was 23 and I was 12.

She started dating her future husband then and moved.

8 years later she waltzed into my store with a smile for me and I remember spying on her when she use to sunbathe topless.

Now up to this point I had been with roughly 60 women from all walks of life. They ranged from sweet girl next door types to truly wild women and even a model or two including a Budweiser girl and a 6'2" blonde Amazon. Though many of them were nice women and would have married me in a hot minute, I was a young, hardened wild man whose heart was untouchable.

So when she walked in my gas station, Sally Fields cute, 5' tall with her almost midnight dark eyes sparkling at me, no one was more surprised than me when my world literally tilted sideways, I felt like I was struck by lightning and I swear I heard God by my shoulder, tapping me and pointing at her saying "That's her."

Before I knew it, I was grinning like an idiot.

She walked up to me bold as daylight, still smiling and said "You sure got cute.". I responded with "And you've sure stayed cute.". I then did something I had never done before and asked her out for a date that night. All the other women had chased me but I couldn't control myself around her and had to have her.

She said yes so I got off work, got ready and picked her up to go to a local bar to play pool.

I don't play pool....

I had to win the table from this guy to play pool with my date and he kept kicking my ass.

$5 later, I think he felt sorry for me and let me win so I could play the table with my gal.

She kicked my ass too and smiled the whole time and I couldn't stop smiling either.

A serious heat was already between us and, after we played a few rounds, we kissed for the first time.

I was never kissed like that before. She molded her body right into mine and gave me everything.

I swear I could feel her body open to me and, to this day, I could feel children in that kiss.

We both knew we just ignited something that we couldn't stop and went directly from the bar to my bedroom.

What happened next was embarrassing for a bad boy with as much experience as I had.

I shook like a leaf, Like a scared virgin. I think it was because it was different with her. I knew it would be far more than sex that was about to happen.

We made it through the night and had a serious talk in the morning because we both knew gravity had shifted.

We committed to each other and screwed ourselves silly over the next week.

We had some ups and downs as well as a lot of work on both our parts but we are into our 28th year. We have two sons, two grandchildren and she still gets my motor running and drops her pants if I even hint I want her.

Weird and improbable as we looked on paper, we worked.

P.S. My friend was really pissed that I didn't go to California with him and even tried to seduce my then girlfriend to break us up. It didn't work of course and she told me right away.

I'm glad I didn't go, I'm glad I lived past 30 and I'm really glad I have a loving wife and family.
Lol, at what point did you tell her that you use to spy on her? What was her reaction?

Great story, thanks for sharing :grin2: I'm happy things worked out for you guys, and hope things only continue to get better.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
It's very possible. My wife and I were fairly certain about each other well before 2 months.
Only thing I would caution is each to look at past personal baggage.
It's all set aside at beginning of a relationship, but if not dealt with previously or now can crop up later.

Edit: Not entirely true. We both "knew" but being me I had to "know."

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
I knew the minute I saw him. I was in a seriously crappy marriage, had two young kids, and was in a real dark place. Then I saw him. I just knew. It was ridiculous, insane, and any other word you might think to use, but it was real. He was this bright light in a very grey world. Until that moment I had never felt anything like it and would have told you that me feeling that way about anyone was impossible. The absolute depth and breadth of my feelings for him terrified me and I don't scare easy.

I blew up my life for him less than 3 months after our first date in December 1999. We married in December 2002. This year we celebrate 19 years as a couple, 16 of those married.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I met husband on line when we were in our late 40's.
First contact Tuesday, spoke on the phone Thursday and met Saturday.Many many emails in between.
I knew in less than a week that I wanted to marry him and 9 months later we were married, !3 years ago tomorrow.
I had made a list of what I wanted in a man and prayed that God would find me one like that. He did. We both had baggage but I knew that he was far too good to miss. Men like him are rare even in Christian circles.

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
First contact Tuesday, spoke on the phone Thursday and met Saturday.Many many emails in between.
I knew in less than a week that I wanted to marry him and 9 months later we were married, !3 years ago tomorrow.
I had made a list of what I wanted in a man and prayed that God would find me one like that. He did. We both had baggage but I knew that he was far too good to miss. Men like him are rare even in Christian circles.
Happy Anniversary Diana.

·
Banned
8,122 Posts

‘Even’? Don’t be too discriminative

Happy anniversary. It’s a nice success story that I don’t imagine happens very often with online dating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
8,122 Posts
The first time I saw my wife she had her back to me.When she turned around I said to myself “that’s her” that’s the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with.

That’s very rare! You were lucky. With me, it was exactly the other way around: I saw women’s backs and was always ‘that’s her!’, but as soon as they turned around, it was always, ‘no....my eyes...please....just...no’! (Ok that was a bit mean )

So with my wife, I made sure I approached her from the front, and I knew I was onto something. When she turned around....I was already on the phone calling for wedding venues. And a tissue in my other hand.

Ok that’s gross. It wasn’t quite like that.
She was one of the first girls I saw when I got to the new school and something went off in me. I was always passive with pursuing girls in general up to that point. Seeing her changed everything. There were many other guys after her and she was dating someone else at the time. It was a hormonal jungle in the school (it was a boarding school).
Persistence eventually paid off. I think I was lucky. But also very determined to have her.

It’s funny because I don’t actually believe at all in The One. Even though I could never imagine being with anyone else or have the same attraction or feelings towards anyone else. I always felt that from the moment I saw her. Yet I don’t believe in love at first sight.

Anyway, too cheesy...Where’s the size thread gone?

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
‘Even’? Don’t be too discriminative

Happy anniversary. It’s a nice success story that I don’t imagine happens very often with online dating.

I had been on Christian sites for 2 years so it took patience. He on the other hand had just come on. There are far more available women than men in Christian circles so I snapped him up quick.:smile2:
Must say though I know about 10 or so Christian married couples who met on line, so maybe not so rare.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hello! :smile2:

When in your relationship did you know that your husband/wife was "the one"?

Am I crazy for thinking I know at 2 months in?

Sam
I knew when I was 13 years old. We went to the same Primary school different years, Different High schools, same university different years. Our mothers were best friends. Same church when kids. Married When I was 25 him 27.

·
Banned
8,122 Posts
I had been on Christian sites for 2 years so it took patience. He on the other hand had just come on. There are far more available women than men in Christian circles so I snapped him up quick.:smile2:

Must say though I know about 10 or so Christian married couples who met on line, so maybe not so rare.

Maybe because God controls the interwebs
I wonder why there are more Christian women available than men in those circles? Don’t the men know that Christian women are the kinkiest of the lot?

·
Registered
12,653 Posts
Lol, at what point did you tell her that you use to spy on her? What was her reaction?

Great story, thanks for sharing :grin2: I'm happy things worked out for you guys, and hope things only continue to get better.
I told her during our first week and she jumped up and down saying "I knew someone was watching me but I could never catch them!" Then she took me to bed.

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
On his first day in school aged five my brother was sat next to a little girl.On her eighteenth birthday they got married with the blessing of both families and are still married thirty two years later.

·
Banned
8,122 Posts
On his first day in school aged five my brother was sat next to a little girl.On her eighteenth birthday they got married with the blessing of both families and are still married thirty two years later.

It seems there is a lot more to school seating arrangements than one would naturally assume...Imagine they sat him next to a dude? (not that there’s anything wrong with that).
Some kids sit on big tables with many other kids...as my Mormon friends report...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I teach kinder! I never thought I could be a matchmaker to my students! ❤

21 - 40 of 47 Posts