Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this called?

I dont seem to see anything much out on the net about it.....

What is it called - What do you think of the two betrayed spouses - the opposites of the two in the affair - getting together?
....particularly to be FWB, b/c let's face it, they are both in the situation to need it.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
What is this called?

I dont seem to see anything much out on the net about it.....

What is it called - What do you think of the two betrayed spouses - the opposites of the two in the affair - getting together?
....particularly to be FWB, b/c let's face it, they are both in the situation to need it.
Are both actually dealing with there issues individually?

Or is this something they're doing to make themselves feel better?

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Oh, Lon -- now I need to watch some schmoopie videos! :rofl:

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
The Big Apology - YouTube

If I'd wanted meatloaf, I should have told you. And because I did not address that a long time ago, there are things you did and did not do, and then things happened to me that no one planned or wanted to have happen but happened anyway and now you have the divorce you wanted. Are you happy now?

Yes.

And I will never have meatloaf again.

How upsetting for you.

:rofl: This always gets me. If STBXH saw I'd made meatloaf for dinner when he was dropping DS off, he'd always get extra friendly and comment about how good it looked. I'd always pretend I didn't notice and send him on his way. :rofl:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont know about meatloaf...but Ive been working thru issues on my own & have actually done a bit of healing. Maybe that's why Im thinking about finding a "friend"..... He has not done much reconstruction - but then he hasnt suggested we 'get together' either....... I was the one just thinking about it - altho Id guess it's crossed his mind, too. How many months can a guy go? Afaik, he's not getting any anywhere else...

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
I would think it could be a bit of an emotional minefield with the two of you, and memories of your respective exes, who are now with each other's exes...

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
1, what's your story, are you the betrayed W? Are you separated? Reconciling? Divorcing?

Don't go seeking a revenge affair, it will just harm everyone more. If you can't forgive and if he isn't remorseful (repentant) then divorce and start living healthy, and when you are capable of relationship again go seek it. But this takes time, there is no rush.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The only famous one I can think of is Shania Twain, I had to go look it up to be sure...

Twain married music producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange on December 28, 1993, and they have a son, Eja (pronounced "Asia") D'Angelo, who was born on August 12, 2001. On May 15, 2008, a spokesperson for Mercury Nashville announced that Twain and Lange were separating after Lange allegedly had an affair with Twain's best friend, Marie-Anne Thiébaud. Their divorce was finalized on June 9, 2010. On December 20, 2010, Twain's manager confirmed that Twain was engaged to Frédéric Thiébaud (the Swiss ex-husband of her former best friend), an executive at Nestlé. They married on January 1, 2011 in Rincón, Puerto Rico.
The guy my wife seems to be unable to stay away from is married to a model, but she doesn't cook or clean apparently, so I'm not really looking to get into THAT at all... heh heh

·
Registered
758 Posts
What is this called?
I call it "strange".

However, I do know of two couples (next door neighbors) who ended up w/ each others exes.

The WW married the WH and they moved away.

BW and BH are not married, but they've been dating for about 3 years, and still live next door to each other.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1, what's your story, are you the betrayed W? Are you separated? Reconciling? Divorcing?

Don't go seeking a revenge affair, it will just harm everyone more. If you can't forgive and if he isn't remorseful (repentant) then divorce and start living healthy, and when you are capable of relationship again go seek it. But this takes time, there is no rush.
I am the betrayed wife - my ally: betrayed hub.
We are both divorcing - as the other combination has gone way too far for forgiveness & still are together!
They CLAIM they are soulmates thruout time forever & ever. (yet they have destroyed spouses, children, families, ext families, friends, coworkers, etc etc). I wonder HOW they can be happy???

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would guess the "glue" that holds your relationship together is the pain and betrayal that was forced upon you both. I'm not sure I would want to live there for the duration of the relationship. I'd be much more inclined to start anew. Clean slate, so to speak. After working on the the things I may have done to help contribute to what went wrong. And I don't know you could do that if you are constantly telling each other how you did nothing to deserve what they did to you...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting post, mainly because I find myself in a position similar to that of 11111. Throughout my exposure of my wife's affair with her husband to her, the BW has shown me that she has more grace in her little finger than my WW had in her entirety. We have gone from sad, pitiful BS's to a point where, while we still ruminate on the situation at times, we mostly discuss how our divorces are proceeding and the good things that are happening as we recover our lives.
We live in a small town, yet I have never seen her in person save for our initial meeting. I find myself realizing that I have some of the most meaningful conversations I have with anybody are with her, and frankly, I am interested.
Something tells me (my therapist?) that nothing should come of it, but I still am attracted, as I think we both want to start off with simply a companion. Any harm in that?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.