Talk About Marriage banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
12,642 Posts
I wouldn't want to throw someone out of the discussion for failing to be a member of the "majority".
While I am with one person, and married, I am certainly not in a committed relationship. Just a legal one.
- not in the majority
So you are married but not committed.

·
Registered
349 Posts
My ideal would be every day, 7 a week. I'm actually quite happy with the 3-5 we do have and honestly, at 50, I'm not 100% sure if I really could do every day, week after week, but I would love to try.
That’s the spirit, BigDaddy! Give it the ol’ college try! 😂

let your wife know you’ll never know the limit to your potential until you try.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
What's your personal opinion of how many sexual encounters with your SO in a week, or whatever range.

Not your spouse's opinion, or what is common for you as a couple, but in an ideal situation how frequent is your perfect number?
I once polled folks here at TAM about what constitutes a sexual encounter and someone said that anything other than PIV probably does not really count as sex. Based on that I'll assume your question excludes one-sided sessions of oral or manual stimulation to climax as well as mutual self gratification. This would also exclude all forms of teasing and foreplay as well for qualifying as a sexual encounter if the moment is limited to that and does not include PIV.

Because I enjoy my wife cultivating and being playful with my desire at rather high levels which includes primarily the things above that should be excluded, your question confuses me. If I excluded all those things and only went for PIV, then it would no longer be enjoyable without a high frequency of the non-qualifying events that I enjoy as much if not more than PIV.

I'm confused and unable to answer the question...

·
Registered
421 Posts
I once polled folks here at TAM about what constitutes a sexual encounter and someone said that anything other than PIV probably does not really count as sex. Based on that I'll assume your question excludes one-sided sessions of oral or manual stimulation to climax as well as mutual self gratification. This would also exclude all forms of teasing and foreplay as well for qualifying as a sexual encounter if the moment is limited to that and does not include PIV.

Because I enjoy my wife cultivating and being playful with my desire at rather high levels which includes primarily the things above that should be excluded, your question confuses me. If I excluded all those things and only went for PIV, then it would no longer be enjoyable without a high frequency of the non-qualifying events that I enjoy as much if not more than PIV.

If my penis makes an appearance and my wife touches it in any way, its sex! :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Oh dear--at 50yo I like variety. Sometimes I like once a week...other times I like once a day! I think an average of about 2 or 3 times a week is perfect for me, because I do like a little anticipation.
I have found that it does indeed vary due to what we're doing through the week but I can't remember any recent times it's been under four times a week.

We also pre plan a few days regularly when we know we'll be alone unless we go out. So we're casually running around naked and comfortable for whatever. I truly like empty nest time.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

My question doesn't exclude one sided sexual acts, but all inclusive like even if one was handing out oral, hand jobs; any spouse, or spouse and friends (for those who say they have multiple partners).

·
Registered
349 Posts
Would it? Wouldn't they still want it as often on a weekly basis, just with more than one person?
Interesting thought, but I’m not so sure, BigDaddy.

I’m a one and only to my wife and my drive is still high up there. I can definitely reload quickly and want it all the time.

however, if I did have multiple partners, I know for sure I could go more. I’d be pushing cc numbers for sure. 14+. It would be no issue at all to have a round with one woman earlier in the day and be just as excited to have another go with another woman later on. The variety would reload the gun much faster.

all hypothetical of course. I would never do this. I’m saying from the standpoint of giving into my animalistic instincts.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
My ideal would be every day, 7 a week. I'm actually quite happy with the 3-5 we do have and honestly, at 50, I'm not 100% sure if I really could do every day, week after week, but I would love to try.
You could. I've had periods where I've realized we've had sex every day or more for the last two weeks and wondered same. Then I quit thinking about it because to worry is stress that's unnecessary.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
My question doesn't exclude one sided sexual acts, but all inclusive like even if one was handing out oral, hand jobs; any spouse, or spouse and friends (for those who say they have multiple partners).
What about talking dirty to one another and no physical contact like sexting? If that is the case and that is included, I guess I would frame it up as a "session" in which it is hard for me to tell where one session ends and the other begins.

In my marriage I guess sex work like a mixing board with volume knobs that we both playfully crank up and down depending on our schedules. My wife likes to toy with hitting the mute button on my libido, but at the same time she very well knows that that is what gets me going.

·
Registered
652 Posts
What's your personal opinion of how many sexual encounters with your SO in a week, or whatever range.

Not your spouse's opinion, or what is common for you as a couple, but in an ideal situation how frequent is your perfect number?

There's been threads with a variety of opinions, let's get focused information.
Not less than 5 when genuinely busy and more when off work. Started at around 15 per week and carried on with no children for three and half years. Children changed that but quality and duration went better.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Not less than 5
This is what I thought would be the average, in my own little mind as a general populace number.

Mine is 9, but can be a little more or less.

What I'm seeing is there's an average typical, yes, but there's not a real "normal" because what works for each is their normal, and that's the most important thing.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
What about talking dirty to one another and no physical contact like sexting? If that is the case and that is included, I guess I would frame it up as a "session" in which it is hard for me to tell where one session ends and the other begins.

In my marriage I guess sex work like a mixing board with volume knobs that we both playfully crank up and down depending on our schedules. My wife likes to toy with hitting the mute button on my libido, but at the same time she very well knows that that is what gets me going.
I'd say yes, that could count for you.
This is about simple answers, not creation of obstacles to prevent answering.

To point out - this isn't about being nosy, obviously anyone who isn't comfortable with sharing please don't, and not everyone will be at ease in sharing that's certainly ok. Goes without saying.

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
I just wanted to say a higher number than @ccpowerslave.

In reality And when I’m not pregnant, 5-7 times.
Every once in a while I wonder if I am slowing down and I couldn’t really hang with 2x+ a day but I think it’d still be no problem.

I did fail on Sunday because I was already sleeping when my wife came to bed. Had we not had sex in the morning I probably would have forced myself to stay up or dragged her to the bedroom but I guess I was already satiated. Sad.

·
Premium Member
6,317 Posts

It's all sex. I hate to destroy the erstwhile virgins' delusion that it isn't, but...

Reactions: CountryMike
21 - 40 of 79 Posts