Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your personal opinion of how many sexual encounters with your SO in a week, or whatever range.

Not your spouse's opinion, or what is common for you as a couple, but in an ideal situation how frequent is your perfect number?

There's been threads with a variety of opinions, let's get focused information.

·
Registered
401 Posts
What's your personal opinion of how many sexual encounters with your SO in a week, or whatever range.

Not your spouse's opinion, or what is common for you as a couple, but in an ideal situation how frequent is your perfect number?

There's been threads with a variety of opinions, let's get focused information.
2 - 3 times per week would be good for me.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Limiting it to your SO seems restrictive.
My mind really doesn't dictate that schedule. It's somewhere south of that.
My best answer is:
It varies depending on the quality of the interaction.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My best answer is:
Hey, that's a perfectly good answer too.

And it really does.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My best answer is:
What do you mean, limiting it to you SO?

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
My ideal would be 6 to 9, and reality is 4 to 7, so there's a good match between the two most of the time. I'm getting older, so 10 to 14 (which used to be my ideal and my reality) is now an unrealistic fantasy. <sigh>

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Depends on how flirty my wife has been that week. It just all depends.... on vacation? Wore a bikini this week? Said something naughty? Wore that little thing I like? How much shower play time did we have? Did I just come back from a long overseas trip? Am I about to go on a long overseas trip? Is she ovulating?

it just depends......

·
Registered
290 Posts
If it's high quality sex, 9 times a week would be close to the perfect number for me.

If there is low quality sex sprinkled in, then 5 times a week would be good. Need a longer reloading time when my wife would prefer NOT revving me up.

For now, I'm averaging 5-6 times a week. I'm overjoyed, especially since my wife reinvigorated her sex drive from the way it was early on in our relationship. I feel like where I'm at right now is a perfect compromise and am very satisfied with what I have.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
I would say the majority here are either married or in a committed relationship, so with one person.
I wouldn't want to throw someone out of the discussion for failing to be a member of the "majority".
While I am with one person, and married, I am certainly not in a committed relationship. Just a legal one.
- not in the majority

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well ideal sexual frequency would be a whole different question for folks with more than one sexual partner.
Not excluding any opinions.
So, including those without just one sexual partner, too, same question. What's your mental ideal number or range?

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Not excluding any opinions.
So, including those without just one sexual partner, too, same question. What's your mental ideal number or range?
My ideal would not change much if at all, and did not when I had another partner - I was usually at my happy limit. After all, there is a maximum comfortable number of encounters one can have consistently each week. These days, I might be able to add one or two times per week if adding another partner (this may happen soon, actually), but a lot would depend on proximity and scheduling.

Reactions: CountryMike
1 - 20 of 79 Posts