Talk About Marriage banner

161 - 180 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
@ScottishGirl1998

I looked into where you live, wow. Not only is it rich in history but is so beautiful!

I love to travel in Europe, have not been to Scotland - yet. I am seriously looking to see it this summer. The ruins of Elgin Cathedral interest me, I love exploring ancient castles, churches, cathedrals. I understand Scotland is full of these national treasures!

·
Registered
146 Posts
@ScottishGirl1998

I looked into where you live, wow. Not only is it rich in history but is so beautiful!

I love to travel in Europe, have not been to Scotland - yet. I am seriously looking to see it this summer. The ruins of Elgin Cathedral interest me, I love exploring ancient castles, churches, cathedrals. I understand Scotland is full of these national treasures!
You should definitely come to Scotland! Elgin is only 20 miles from my house and there is a lot to see if you are on holiday (vacation) from elsewhere. Even as somebody who has lived here all my life, I still see new things all the time when I'm out driving etc...

Likewise I would love to travel America, but we won't be able to do that for quite a few years!!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
You should definitely come to Scotland! Elgin is only 20 miles from my house and there is a lot to see if you are on holiday (vacation) from elsewhere. Even as somebody who has lived here all my life, I still see new things all the time when I'm out driving etc...

Likewise I would love to travel America, but we won't be able to do that for quite a few years!!
If you see a stupid looking yank studying every brick and taking a 1000 pictures at Algin that would be me!

I took a mini holiday to the Netherlands early this year so I would like to go in late summer. Now to study flights, hotels, where to go and all that.

Always wanted to visit Scotland!

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you see a stupid looking yank studying every brick and taking a 1000 pictures at Algin that would be me!

I took a mini holiday to the Netherlands early this year so I would like to go in late summer. Now to study flights, hotels, where to go and all that.

Always wanted to visit Scotland!
Haha, I'll look out for you! :laugh:

If you can afford it, then why not. If you are a whisky drinker then you should check out the local distilleries and see if there are any whisky tours going at the time.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
I'd love to see Scotland.

Today is cloudy and 11C. I am still waiting for spring to really get going here - last year by this time we had the yard all raked up and the garage cleaned out. This year the snow isn't quite all gone yet, in shady spots.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
It's been below 110 this week, so it feels somewhat bearable. The thing is, there is NO humidity, which is unusual for monsoon season. Yesterday it was only 3%. Crystal clear skies, wildfires cropping up around the state, and not a drop of rain to be had. "Dry" heat isn't any better than heat with humidity. Stick your head in a 350 degree oven and tell me it's pleasant ....

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Last week we were on vacation in southern Alberta and it was 30C or more the entire time. Thankfully it goes down to 15C or so at night so we can cool off, otherwise it's unbearable. One of the perks of 'dry heat' despite what CharlieP thinks :cool: When we got home and it was only 22, it felt cold!

161 - 180 of 243 Posts