Talk About Marriage banner

221 - 240 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Currently in San Francisco (6 pm) and it's 58F with a foggy breeze :) nice and cool. Headed home to San Jose, and it's a pleasant 73F down there, sunny with low humidity.

Bay area micro climates - some days 20 miles means a 30 degree difference.

We do get some scorching 100+ days in San Jose, but so far this summer has been fairly mild.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Currently in San Francisco (6 pm) and it's 58F with a foggy breeze :) nice and cool. Headed home to San Jose, and it's a pleasant 73F down there, sunny with low humidity.

Bay area micro climates - some days 20 miles means a 30 degree difference.

We do get some scorching 100+ days in San Jose, but so far this summer has been fairly mild.
I rode my motorcycle from Santa Rosa to Marine World (when it was in Redwood City). It was like 100F in both places, but on the way back it must have been 55F on the GGB! I had to stop on the Alto grade above Sausalito to put on more clothes.

·
Premium Member
24,233 Posts
This week, Death Valley, California, has broken three straight daily records with a high of 127°F.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
77 and partly sunny or is that partly cloudy? I guess their glass was half empty.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
I'M WEIGHING IN RIGHT NOW BECAUSE MY A/C BLEW OUT AND DIED AT 9:30 A.M.

Yep, southern Arizona in July with NO a/c. At least the cat isn't whining for me to turn on the dryer - he likes to sleep in it after I warm it up for him. Yeah, I know, pampered puss.

Anyway, the office let me know the a/c tech will install a new unit on Tuesday. Fortunately, they gave me one of those floor model portable jobs for my bedroom.

YES, I'VE GONE COMMANDO. It is currently 91 F in my Mega Pod. The cat is sprawled out on the living room coffee table in an attempt to stay cool.

Oh, yeah, it was "only" 103 F today. Damn. It's gonna be a looooonnnnnngggggg three days until the new a/c is installed ....

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
Those fatigues can be very warm. I'd just strip, if it was me.

Sorry, I had to be a smart aleck. It just came out. I couldn't stop it.

Drink lots of water or stay hydrated, if you will.

It's sunny and 82 here. Not to be a jerk to you, but to give the weather for the thread.

·
Registered
16,635 Posts
Those fatigues can be very warm. I'd just strip, if it was me.

Sorry, I had to be a smart aleck. It just came out. I couldn't stop it.

Drink lots of water or stay hydrated, if you will.

It's sunny and 82 here. Not to be a jerk to you, but to give the weather for the thread.
How hot is it down here in Aggieland?

Well, out at the ranch last week, we had reports of a a reddish figure >:) carrying a pitchfork, with cranial horns and a bifurcated tail that was tucked down between his a$$ cheeks, pilfering ice water out of the ranch water cooler!

He got himself a big drink of water, then boastfully told the ranchhands there that he'd had quite enough of this Central Texas heat and that he was heading on back to the cooler confines of hell, where he could at least find himself some semblance of air conditioning!

·
Registered
7,896 Posts

Yep, southern Arizona in July with NO a/c. At least the cat isn't whining for me to turn on the dryer - he likes to sleep in it after I warm it up for him. Yeah, I know, pampered puss.

Anyway, the office let me know the a/c tech will install a new unit on Tuesday. Fortunately, they gave me one of those floor model portable jobs for my bedroom.

YES, I'VE GONE COMMANDO. It is currently 91 F in my Mega Pod. The cat is sprawled out on the living room coffee table in an attempt to stay cool.

Oh, yeah, it was "only" 103 F today. Damn. It's gonna be a looooonnnnnngggggg three days until the new a/c is installed ....
Hit the local indoor mall and stay there until closing time.

·
Registered
16,635 Posts
Hit the local indoor mall and stay there until closing time.
Go to Priceline and get you a local hotel room for a night or two. Some take pets!

That way, you and your kitty will stay cool! And going "commando" would be so much more comfortable!

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
Go to Priceline and get you a local hotel room for a night or two. Some take pets!

That way, you and your kitty will stay cool! And going "commando" would be so much more comfortable!
There's nothing preventing her from going 'commando' in the mall, is there?:grin2:

·
Registered
16,635 Posts
There's nothing preventing her from going 'commando' in the mall, is there?:grin2:
Only if some lecherous tomcat complains ~ which is highly unlikely!

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts

Oh no! Sorry to hear this.

I increased my thermostat to 78 F and took off my socks 🧦 in your honor.

On the bright side, if you lived in England when the a/c broke down your coffee table would have surely melted.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Actually, that crossed my mind, but I don't want to terrify innocent people!

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
How hot is it down here in Aggieland?

Well, out at the ranch last week, we had reports of a a reddish figure >:) carrying a pitchfork, with cranial horns and a bifurcated tail that was tucked down between his a$$ cheeks, pilfering ice water out of the ranch water cooler!

He got himself a big drink of water, then boastfully told the ranchhands there that he'd had quite enough of this Central Texas heat and that he was heading on back to the cooler confines of hell, where he could at least find himself some semblance of air conditioning!
You sure that was a devil and a tail, and not a vagrant near a Mexican restaurant's dumpster? >:)

221 - 240 of 243 Posts